Hung out longer than expected in Coeur d' Alene enjoying the lakeside community in really nice weather and as evening was fell we looked for an inexpensive place to stay. All the hotel around the lake had no vacancies because of several conventions and wedding so we called the Shilo Inn a few miles away. Was able to secure a non smoking room w/ 2 beds for a little over $100. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly but the hotel is dated, the carpets are buckled in the halls and the rooms are noisy. For an hour we had a family's kids jumping up and down and running around in the room directly above us. Eventually if did stop but it was annoying. The freeway runs next to the hotel and you hear traffic noise all night. The air conditioner works but cycled on and off so much we turned it off. All of this was tolerable but there was an odor throughout the hotel which smelled like wet carpets that had not dried out properly and had a "locker room" kind of smell.
The offered a free breakfast which is OK. All in all our stay w/ Shilo was just OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho