I don't normally do reviews but I had to do this one.
We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 and check in is at 4:00pm. The guy at the counter was nice but abrupt about 4pm being the check in time. He did however check and found that 3 or the 5 rooms we rented were ready. When he called housekeeping to see about the other 2, he was met with a very rude response from the housekeeping staff. Our check in process was ok. We were allowed into the 3 rooms and had to come back for the other 2 an hour later. Over all he was a friendly person.
Our rooms were not very clean. I could not believe the amount of dirt build-up between the carpet and wall. Do they not have a hose that detaches to vacuum that area once in a while? We left pretty early to head to Silverwood and didn't return to the hotel until after midnight. When we did return we found one of the rooms not cleaned at all. Our towels/floor mat in a few of the other rooms were taken but not replenished. No soaps, etc, were replenished.
The main area of the hotel was just plain dirty. Carpets were gross. The entire place just made you feel dirty.
Our biggest complaint was the blonde woman we encountered upon check out. I can not believe that she is working in this industry. She was so rude! Never in all my years of traveling, which we do at least 10 times a year, have I encountered someone as rude as her. She clearly does not want to be doing her job. I've never had to stand for so long waiting to check out. She didn't do anything to help speed up the process and kept turning and watching tv as she was checking us out. She knew we had 3 cars with people (which included small children) outside waiting and she didn't care. She took her time. She was very rude to other guests that were there waiting too, finally one guy just walked out. After about 20mins she handed us the final statement and didn't even say anything. Not a "thank you for waiting", "thanks for staying with us", "have a good day", NOTHING!!! There was no one else there to even compain to.
We paid $125 a night for 5 rooms for 2 nights each. At least we could have had good customer service.
I've stayed in other Shilo Inns before and had good experiences which is why I choose this hotel, because of it's brand. But going forward, I would not go to any Shilo again nor would I recommend it to anyone else. I plan trips for our basketball team, soccer team and yearly family trips and usually like to stick with the same chain/brand. Shilo is now off my list. Especially the Coeur d'Alene one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho