“Welcome Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Edmonton
“Welcome Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We opened our room door and felt welcomed home. It was very spacious and clean. It had a table and chairs by the window, a king bed, 3 telephones (one in the bathroom) a microwave and fridge with a counter and sink. It was quiet although there was some road noise but not enough to worry about. There was a pool, sauna, whirlpool, steamroom, exercise room. It is a family friendly facility. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful and there is a computer available in the lobby. There are lots of eating establishments nearby as well as shopping. eg. Sears, JC Penny at the Silver City Mall. There is another strip mall across the street with Target, Lane Bryant, Ross. We will definitely make a point to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear whiteangelgail,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review for the Coeur d’ Alene, Shilo Inn. I’m so pleased to hear you felt at home while staying in our great hotel. I agree that I have a fantastic staff; we always try to be as helpful as possible for guests unfamiliar with the area. I look forward to your next stay with us.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kennewick, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was a good price for a family. Near Downtown Coeur d'alene and right off the interstate.
However, if you have a small child (ours is 16 months) beware that there is no inside door lock to keep them in the room! Our son was able to pull on the door handle and open the door and escape down the hall within the first few minutes of being in the room! We talked to a few other families with small children who had the same problem. We fixed it by getting a wooden door stop from the maintenance person and wedging it between the door and door jamb.
The other problem we encountered while staying here (4 nights) was there were no high chairs to use in the breakfast area. This made for interesting breakfast time for us. Mainly our son running around the room and trying to get out the door.
The other slightly annoying situation with breakfast was that the coffee and juice were out in the lobby area and not where breakfast was being served. Just a little annoying to have to trudge across the entire lobby to get a refill on juice or coffee.
The last thing we encountered was a problem with our card keys and our door locking system. Several times we were standing there either with a sleeping baby and handfuls of stuff or dripping wet from being in the pool and keys would not work. The manager and housekeeping staff tried multiple times to use their own keys to get in but it was totally hit and miss as to whether it worked and let us into our room.

All in all we had a very nice stay and the staff was very friendly. The pool and hot tub are open 24/7 which is really nice if you like to swim early in the morning or late at night. The pool is only 4 feet deep at its deepest point so it was perfect for us and our young son.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Trish B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Shilo Inn. I’m pleased to hear you felt Shilo Inn was a good value for your family and conveniently located. I apologize you had problems with your toddler leaving the room. Safety is our number one concern when it comes to guests and the purpose of having the deadbolt in your room open when the handle is pulled down is for emergencies and to prevent any guest from being locked in a room if there is a fire or any type of incident that would keep a guest from leaving the room. The juice and coffee are located in the lobby due to plumbing restrictions so I apologize you felt it was an inconvenience. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff and hope you’re able to stay with Shilo Inns again soon.

GM
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A group of 13 of us stayed here during a road trip from Chicago to Vancouver (6 rooms). We wanted a good value place to bunk down for a night on the long drive from Yellowstone to Seattle, and that's what we got. Nothing special, but the rooms were comfortable, free internet was available, there's a pool, the breakfast was good, the staff were nice, and there were places to eat within walking distance, so it suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear getareaction:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn. I’m so pleased we were able to provide you with everything you needed during your stay. I hope you’re able to stay with us during your next adventure!

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for just a short overnight stay. I would say this is a great value for the money. Yes, the property could probably use a renovation, but this hotel has everything one could ask for. Right from the start the desk clerks ( yes there were 2) had my paperwork done and processed within 5 minutes. Had requested a ground room floor and received it. Upon entering room, I was surprised at how large the room was. The room had a king bed with a full sized sofa, a sitting table with 2 chairs, a writing desk and full wet bar with microwave and refrigerator. Bed was fine not great, and the mauve and teal color scheme brought me back to the 90s. There looked like there was a gym, a pool with seperate hot tub, and a computer work station in the lobby. I would highly recommend this property to anyone that is looking for a no frills place to stay for the night, at a bargan rate .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Binford13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites and felt you received a good value for our rooms. I look forward to your next visit.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night in late July en route to Montana for a weekend trip. Either something was going on in town that weekend, or everyone under the sun was in Coeur d'Alene on vacation, because this was the last reasonably priced hotel I could find on short notice.

This is a large property with many rooms, so it took us several minutes of waiting in line before we were able to check in. We arrived around 8pm, so this was understandable. I was annoyed by how busy the lobby was--it was directly attached to the 24 hour pool, so there were constant unsupervised children running around. The staff, however, was friendly and worked as quickly as they could to check us and everyone else in.

The room was a little bit dated (remember when bathroom telephones were a cool hotel feature?), albeit spotlessly clean and comfortable. We had a king executive suite which was rather huge.

Many guests of this hotel have raved over the 24 hour pool, which I would have liked to have used, but it was constantly packed with people and did not look fun at all. I also cannot comment on the free continental breakfast, because the room where it was served was standing room only and had a ridiculously long line.

Despite the annoyances, I would have no problem staying here again for a night. The room itself was comfortable, reasonably nice, and clean, which is all I generally need out of a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a nice stay in Coeur D'Alene. The hotel was convenient to food and the lake. We stayed mainly to walk around the lake area. The staff was very nice and recommended a nearby restaurant. The breakfast was fine and we were too busy to use the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vashon, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

They sold my room a king excutive suite I booked in advance of a trip to Yellowstone. I had to settle for a queen two bed small room. The shower was moldie. No towls in room I had to call the desk for a towel. The carpet and paint are trashed, the continental breakfast is folding tables in a conferance room. One coffee pot for the entire hotel. I had to compete for an elevator ride with the house keeping staff during "breakfast". I was adressed by the desk clerk as Honey..........are you kidding me...........anyplace else. I spent the rest of my time in Coeur D Alene at the Holiday inn. I checked out the very next day. Could not eat "breakfast" there went to IHOP. They have two luggedge carts for the entire hotel........This place is a JOKE.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn