“Clean, affordable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Coeur d'Alene

You added Days Inn Coeur d'Alene to your Saves list
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Northwest Blvd, I-90 & Northwest Blvd Exit 11, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Clean, affordable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Days Inn in Coeur d'Alene is one of the best small hotels for a business person.
Affordable, clean, friendly staff and so close to downtown.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
I am glad you enjoy staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to share with everyone.

We work very hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable for all of our guests!

Elizabeth Jobe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bonney Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel would get a five star except that our air conditioner had an annoying squeal to it when it would kick on, though there was a card in our room that we could fill out to give to them so they could fix any problems we pointed out, which means it is probably fixed by now.

The Staff was very friendly and bent over backwards to make sure our stay was pleasant. The manager offered to call for one of the activities we wanted to do, offered us a refreshing beverage and had us checked in and next door to our friends in less than five minutes.

There is no pool, but there is a jaczuzzi, exercise room, public computer and laundry room. They also have complimentary wifi.

We played cards in the breakfast room where they even have a popcorn machine. While we were playing the night time clerk came in to offer us a fresh punch she had just made.

We chose this hotel because we were doing the dinner cruise on the lake and it was a straight shot down the road. Again the manager was most helpful in giving us a map of the city and showing us the best place to park.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and no attitude was given when we asked for extra towels. PLUS the towels are very fluffy, not scratchy.

The breakfast included fruit, oatmeal, cereal, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, waffles, toast, juices, milk and coffee.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for us!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great evening on your dinner cruise. Coeur d'Alene is such a beautiful area and it is great when our guests get to experience the fun, warm and friendly environment. We want all of our guests to feel as if they are home when they stay with us or feel like they are guests at our own homes. We take pride in our customer service and it is great when we are acknowledged for it.

We hope to see you and your firends again soon!

Maybe next time we can all have matching shirts ;)

Safe Travels,

Lakebay, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had made reservations at this location for the Labor Day weekend. We got a great price on the Days Inn website for the 3 nights we were planning on staying. We made a reservation for a King room, after we made the reservation online I called the facility to let them know that we had pets. It's always good to call right away so they can prepare the room, there are only so many pet friendly rooms available. I called and spoke to George and he was incredibly helpful, however he wasn't sure if they had any King rooms that were pet friendly he stated that he would leave a note for his supervisor and someone would call me if there was a problem. A few days later I received a voicemail stating that we had been changed from a King room to one with 2 Queens. Now I realize that this wouldn't be a problem for many but this was a romantic weekend with the dogs and we really wanted the larger bed. So I called the next day and spoke to an incredibly rude gentleman who told me that I wasn't able to cancel my reservation and that the only pet friendly rooms they ever offer are the 2 Queen rooms (which in my opinion is silly, since we can't be the only couple in the World with dogs that want a King bed). I informed the gentleman that, that wasn't what we reserved, our reservation in our email stated a King bed. I informed him that there website does not state anywhere on it that the King is a non-pet friendly room or that the 2 Queens is the ONLY pet friendly room. Most websites will inform you if a room is not pet friendly. I told him I wanted to cancel, he told me I couldn't, but he did tell me that he would have the manager call me when she got back.

About 20 minutes later the manager "Sami" called me, now by this point I was very upset by the rude gentleman. However Sami was BEYOND courteous and apologetic. I informed her of how I wanted to cancel, that I wanted my money back. She apologized and offered me my original King room but after the experience with the gentleman at the desk I really didn't want to stay there anymore. I was going there to relax, my vacation hadn't even started and already I was having a horrible experience. She informed me she would call her boss and call me right back. She lived up to her word. She was amazingly nice and got me out of my non-cancellable reservations. I really appreciate what she did for us and how she treated us. Her professionalism is something I won't soon forget. Thanks Sami!!

Room Tip: For those of you with pets remember that you can get the 2 Queens ONLY
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review and to share your experience. I want to first apologize on the behalf of the gentleman at the hotel who was rude to you. There are no excuses for that. I am having a staff meeting very soon, and I will be sharing your review with my team. I have always been proud to have one of the friendliest staff in town, and by your experience you did not get that service from us.
I want to thank you for your kind words about George and Sammy, they are truly amazing and I am glad Sammy did everything she could for you.
I am contacting the brand to have them change our website for our pet friendly rooms. You are right that it does not say the king room is not pet friendly, but it does say which room with two queen beds is. The reason why the two queen beds are our only pet friendly rooms is because they are rooms that are at the end of the hotel to be convenient to our pet friendly guests. They are also located near the designated pet friendly areas. Seeing that not every traveler is pet friendly we have our rooms the way they are to be the most convenient to all of our guests.
I do hope that the next time you find yourself coming to our beautiful city you and your wife will give us a second chance.

West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

For an economy hotel, this one's great! Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, AC worked well. Our room had a little fridge, which was useful. The free breakfast was perfectly adequate... choice of a few cereals, oatmeal, toast, muffins, biscuits, yoghurt, waffles, eggs, juices. All well supplied and fresh.

I got a rate of $91 / night by booking online and paying up front 2 or more weeks in advance. No cancellations, so you take a bit of a risk,but if you're sure you're going it's a good deal.

One small issue was that the hot tub was cool, according to my family (I didnt check it out myself), but we were staying for a Silverwood visit anyway, so the hot tub was not important to us. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I'd stay there again if we go back to Silverwood... the location is great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review for us. The team and I do our best to keep our hotel clean and to provide the friendliest service in town. We do have some really great offers online, but I also want to let you know that you can give us a call directly and we will honor any rate found online for our hotel.

I am glad you and your family had a great time at Silverwood, and I do apologize for the temperature of the hot tub.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Until next time,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

From the first night we come until the tired morning we leave our whole stay is the best. This is our 3rd or 4th year here. The employees havew become part of the family :)
I have reccomended it to everyone !!

• Stayed August 2011
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a heart warming review. It is our motto to have each and every guest who stay with us to feel as if they are "home away from home"! It is wonderful to hear and see when we accomplish that feeling. It is so much fun to have you and your family stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you again next year!

Turlock, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Affordable, but just an ok value. Nice and friendly staff. Breakfast was below average. Smelled like cigerette smoke on the entire first floor, due to all of the smoking by the exits.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We value all feedback, for it is our best way to improve.

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Two days before our 6-day troop trip I decided to try and find a different hotel than the one we had booked because they had such negative reviews. I phoned the Days Inn and they not only had 4 rooms available, but gave us AT THE LAST MINUTE a very affordable price. My troop loved the rooms, the service, and the staff. They had a blast and appreciated being able to use the breakfast room late at night to celebrate one of our troop member's birthday . We were a bit loud and not one staff member complained. Thank you Days Inn for giving my Girl Scout troop an awesome night in Coeur d"Alene!!! Hope you enjoyed the Girl Scout cookies!

Room Tip: Ask for Abe!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
ElizabethJobe, Manager at Days Inn Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
I am so glad you and the troop had a great stay. It was so much fun having you stay with us for the night. Thank you so much for the cookies, the staff and I enjoyed them very much! It definetley makes our day to have guests that are so sweet and kind like you all truly are.

Elizabeth Jobe

Been to Days Inn Coeur d'Alene? Share your experiences!