“Friendly staff, lovely flowers on grounds, and nice rooms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Appleway, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Coeur d 'Alene Appleway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Friendly staff, lovely flowers on grounds, and nice rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel and have nothing but good experiences to report. The lobby is representative of a much higher-end hotels, with soft classical music playing, pretty tile and rock, a selection of teas, coffee, ice water, and ice tea available at all times. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more welcoming. Breakfast was good too -- especially the yogurt, which was a local Pacific NW brand and the best we've ever had a hotel. The room was nicely appointed with good, strong wi-fi, a good AC unit, and an excellent and HUGE HDTV. The grounds of the hotel were beautifully maintained with numerous baskets and barrels of bright summer flowers. There's a lovely grassy area to the side for walking the dog, and on top of everything else, the hotel was quiet. We will certainly stay here again on our next visit to CDA!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Quality Inn in Coeur d'Alene is pleasantly different than most chain hotels found near a main interstate highway. It's a hotel that obviously had another life before becoming a Quality Inn. The most notable difference is the manicured lawn and garden area that surrounds it. It is only a block off I90 but hidden away among the trees that surround it, making it a little tricky to find. but it is worth finding.
Recently updated, we found the bed and linens of superior quality for a chain hotel, the room nicely appointed with a larger than usual flat screen TV and the lobby immaculate and inviting with urns of fresh coffee and cold beverages. As well, it was priced considerably less than the surrounding chain hotels.
We enjoyed our second cup of morning coffee relaxing in chairs behind the hotel on the grass under some large trees. There is a small playground behind the indoor pool and even a little partially fenced off grassy area for pets with a plastic bag dispenser and garbage can. We used the hot tub, something we rarely do in hotels, but the water was crystal clear. It left us suspecting that whomever was the meticulous gardener must also care for the pool and hot tub.
It truly was a little oasis in a most unexpected place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The hotel was really nice and the beds were comfy.

My major concern was the person on the evening shift. On Friday when we checked in we noticed that the toilet was not flushing correctly. I called the front desk and asked 1) if they could have someone come look at the toilet the next day and 2) if there was a safe that could put a laptop in the next day so we did not have to tote it to the funeral we were going to. I was told that there was and just to bring it to the front desk and they would handle it.

Got to the front desk the next morning and SURPRISE, no, they do not have a safe that could hold a laptop. We could lock it in the office but they leave for the day before we would be back to the hotel. Not a big deal but a bit of a frustration.

We get back to the room that evening and now the toilet will not flush at all. I go to the front desk and nobody is there. I wait for a few minutes and the same person that was at the desk on Friday showed back up. She starts to warmly greet people who had just walked in the door, never mind that I was standing right there. I had to interrupt her and tell her that I was waiting first and had a problem. I explained that the toilet was not flushing. She looked at me like I was dumb and said that maintenance had come and fixed it so it should be working. I told her that yes, he may have come but that doesn't change the fact that it is not flushing. She told me she would come down and check it after she finished helping the people that just came in. It was clear that she didn't believe me.

She came back to the room and looked at the toilet. She agreed with us that it was not working. She said she would call maintenance who had already gone home for the night and would have them call her back and she would let us know. Finally at 10:30 I finally called the desk because we were tired and wanted to go to sleep. No, he had not called her back and it would probably be morning before anyone could come look at it. She was leaving in 30 minutes and would leave a note for the night shift in case he called in. My boyfriend went and looked at the toilet and managed to get it to work a bit. The water was shut off so the tank was not filling. You needed a screwdriver to really turn it back on but he got it so that we could at least flush it once an hour. Real fun with 3 adults trying to get ready in the morning!

I went to the front desk in the morning to complain about the issues that we had and they had us fill out a card about it. They asked if she had offered to move us to another room as they had empty ones they could have moved us to. No, and we had no idea that they were not full as there had been a couple of large groups checking in at the same time we had been checking in. It looked like a sports team of some sort.

It has been a week and nobody has contacted us to talk about it or given us any hints that they gave a damn that we had no working toilet for the 2 days we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
As per our conversation, I do apologize that we fell short during your recent stay with us. We did fall short with our communication, and I can assure you that it will be addressed. I know that maintenance was in the room and believed to have had repaired the issue with your toilet. Obviously that was not the case, and it was in need of further repair. As we discussed, the staff certainly could have handled the situation differently. Although we did not have any other rooms available with two beds, we could have offered to see what we could do to make it right. I will be discussing these issues with the staff and ensuring we handle issues better in the future. Again, I apologize, and please be on the lookout for the resolution in the mail. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

When I pulled up to the hotel, the man gardening the flower pots greeted me with a smile. The friendly atmosphere continued at the front desk and even through the halls where the cleaning crew were smiling between entering rooms. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi Suite, and it was fantastic. The room was clean and well laid out. Big flat screen TV, dinette set, and a large, heart-shaped jacuzzi! (The heart shape was cute, if not a bit over the top, lol.) There's a huge, heated pool and 8 man hot tub in the aquatic area, which was nice after running around all day. The front desk girl gave us a Free Appetizer gift card for the Italian restaurant (Tomato Street) just across the street! Dinner was great there. We didn't stay for the free breakfast, as we had to leave early, but we were treated so well the entire visit. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor! The King Suites on 3rd floor have skylights above the jacuzzi!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Jeremy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your accommodation needs! We hope to see you again!

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Small room, noisy refrigerator, a/c kicked on and off all night and blows right on your face. Very thin walls. But it was clean, had a nice bed and sheets. Could have been better except for the inconsiderate jerk in the room next door who had the tv on all night, through the thin walls! Price was ok and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your needs or expectations. I am not sure if you mentioned the issues you experienced during your stay to the front desk upon check out, but please do in the future. We can certainly have maintenance address issues with the refrigerator and A/C unit. The A/C is manually controlled in the room and certainly could have been shut off during the night if you chose to do so. I am glad to hear that your bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We do appreciate your feedback, and hope that you would consider our hotel again in the future.

Inland Northwest, Us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have stayed here once before, after the new company took over. We were impressed with the staff...but this time we were totally impressed with our room. We requested a king room this time. When we arrived I was sure they had upgraded us to a suite! I even checked the website pictures while I was in the room - it was their regular king room. Spacious, fantastic bed ....we slept like babies! Nice kitchenette area with coffee maker/refrigerator/microwave/sink! Table and chairs and two comfy wingback chairs to relax in. Large flat screen TV enclosed in a cabinet with lots of drawers. Free internet in the room. Clean and comfortable with a great price. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, room 306 next to the stairs. Several times there was noise due to kids r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor, we appreciate it! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. We have recently changed brands from La Quinta Inn to Quality Inn & Suites, but are still owned by the same company, and have the same management and staff. The room you stayed in is the only room we have of that type in the hotel, all our other king rooms are the king with pull out sofa sleepers, and that one is a bit larger that the others. I'm glad it thoroughly met your needs and we hope to see you again in the future!

B. C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have never met the manager that I know of but I would have to think that rampant carelessness has to start at the top. Nothing seems to be done right. They have a nice property but if they don't start caring it won't be nice long. Housekeeping didn't get the room cleaned correctly but worst of all was what they laughingly called a breakfast. Stayed in four hotels on this trip and this was the worst all around. We won't be back. When Quality can't keep up with Days Inn and Super 8 something is wrong.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ali K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm quite surprised to hear we weren't able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. I certainly wish you would have brought any issues to the attention of our staff during your stay, we want your stay to be as enjoyable as possible. I am not certain what you mean about the room not being cleaned correctly, or lack of breakfast. We currently offer everything required by Choice Hotels, as well as some additional items. I would like to discuss your stay further if you wish, as this is not the norm for our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at 208-765-5500.

Ali Krupp

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!