“A AWESOME PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Guesthouse International Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 W Appleway, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“A AWESOME PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have been at the Guesthouse here in Coeur d Alene Idaho for nearly 3 months. During my stay here I have had some trying times and the managers, housekeeping, and entire staff have be so caring and helpful to me. I for the life of me can not understand how anyone could write a bad review about this place, they have made me feel like family here and made me very comfortable and feel very welcome. I would like to thank them ALL for their compassion and hard work. I would recommend staying here to any and all people that I know and even people I dont. The staff here are some of the hardest working people I have ever met, helpful, clean, and very friendly to all and they strive to make things better and better daily. They need a raise if you ask me. Thank YOU Coeur D Alene Guesthouse INN your the best and Ill never stay anywhere else after my wonderful experience here, other motels I have stayed in could use a lesson from these awesome people. Thank you so much and God Bless.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CinthiaR, Guest Relations Manager at Guesthouse International Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. We are VERY luck to have the staff we have and would not know what to do without them. I am happy you got to experience this and thank you for stating it. We wish you well and hope to see you again soon.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was traveling with my grand children from Kalispell to Spokane for a shopping trip when we had car trouble. We got towed to an Exxon station in Coeur d' Alene. The Guesthouse was right next door so we decided to stay and continue on in the morning. The manager welcomed us in like family and gave us the number to Pizza Hut. Dinner was delivered in 15 minutes! The room was simple, comfortable, and clean. A very pleasant stay at the end of a long day. We were lucky to stumble on this place and recommend it anyone that needs a simple nights rest!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CinthiaR, Guest Relations Manager at Guesthouse International Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
we are so happy your car trouble was able to be fixed by the next day. we are even more happy that we got to give you a relaxing night. Our GM Terri is very good at taking the stress off with her down to earth energy. So I know you felt safe and sound with her checking you in. OUr staff always want to maker sure every thing is ready for you when you come and it sounds like they did it again. I hope your shopping trip was fun. Come see us again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Guesthouse for one night on our way from Seattle to Bozeman. It was a convenient stop over half way and located near the freeway. The room was clean and comfortable and well worth the price. The hotel appeared to be on the older side and the breakfast area was small but the friendly staff made up for any shortcomings. The manager was working the front desk in the morning when we checked out. She booked our reservation for the return trip and recognized us by name on our second stay. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your sweet words about out GM. Terri works everyday at the front desk to do just what you experienced and that is one on one service. She is a master at her job:) Im am happy you got the rest you need after the drive you were having. The hotel does have some years on it but it the staff cares for it as if it is their own. They want everyone to feel as if they are "at home". We hope to see you soon.
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Guesthouse in early September on our way back from Yellowstone. Some friends had booked the reservations so we had no idea what to expect. Right off the bat you could tell that it was more on the low end side of hotels. The location was a bit sketchy (strip malls and empty restaurant behind it) but we decided to give it a try anyway. The lobby was decent but definitely old and used and could use some updating. The person who greeted us was a young girl, daughter of manager I think. Apparently the ice machine was on the fritz and they were trying to fix it and she was holding down the fort. The manager arrived and was pleasant, but it did seem weird watching the younger girl change her clothes directly behind Mom while we checked in. She was dressed in layers and took one shirt off to put on another.... odd. There isn't an elevator which is no big deal unless you happen to have a huge suitcase and have to haul it up some rather narrow stairs... which is what they have. Our room was basic. Definitely a "no thrills" type of place. Our friends had to have their room changed as the smell from whatever chemical they were using to clean the pipes to the ice machine was absolutely rank. Their room smelled like sewer. After having this confirmed by management, they were given another room on the 3rd floor. I think our friends wanted to leave and were embarrassed that they'd book us into this place but we were ok with it. At least I was until the next morning.... when I got up and found flea bites all over my legs. Because they allow people to bring their pets into the rooms there are fleas. And they must not do a very good job of bug bombing afterwards. Hotels that allow pets should have only certain rooms for them, not run of the house.

The breakfast looked ok, although my husband and I opted to go to the IHOP that is down the road. When we arrived back the lobby was filled with people crammed around tiny tables eating waffles. And people were trying to check out with big bags, etc. Seriously folks, hotels that don't have the space should not try to compete with other hotels in services like breakfasts, etc. It just looks dumb.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that does not allow dogs!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CinthiaR, Manager at Guesthouse International Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for expressing your concerns about the hotel. We are saddened to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves in being a clean, quaint and economical hotel. Stay with us to save money and receive the basic amenities plus more including a free breakfast, wireless internet and refrig/micro's in every room. Our breakfast seating in the lobby does hold 16 people therefore in the summer it can get quite cozy however we do have additional seating outside which is pleasurable in the warm months. It was not brought to our attention about the rash and we have never received a case of it in the past six years managing the hotel. Perhaps there was an allergic reaction to the cleaning chemicals which is far more common. We are located at the most popular business district and interstate exit of Coeur d'alene surrounded by restaurants, fast food and convenient stores and shopping. Perkins Restaurant did close down about three months ago in which they closed 70 other locations throughout the nation and we are sad to see them go. If there's anything we may do to prove to you that are dedicated to excellence, please let us known.
Kalona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had mixed feelings going into the reservation, but was cost conscious. I was surprisingly pleased. The facility was older but well maintained. The room was spotless and most of all, the employees were totally courteous, caring, and helpful. The Guesthouse Inn folks were flawless. I've traveled the world, literally and thought I more than got my money's worth.

If I had paid $100 for the room, I would have expected more. I had a clean place to sleep with nice employees. The breakfast was as expected, ok enough. The internet was fine. There was no HBO, but who would have expected it.

A very fair price for everything I received and will always stay there when in town. I can't say that about a lot of places I have stayed.

Room Tip: one great thing about the rooms on the office end is it's a split-level office so it's only...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CinthiaR, Guest Relations Manager at Guesthouse International Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Than you for taking the time to write. I know we are a older hotel but it is nice when we hear that guest understand that and see that even with that, our rooms are clean and our staff is one of the best around. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was looking for a cheap chain hotel that would serve it purpose of providing a basic, clean place to sleep. This however is hourly motel quality.

The main lobby rugs are stained and dingy. The bed-side lamp had a white dried spay on it (eww!), they provided a stained up wash cloth to clean your face, the internet was non-functional, and the cable was going in and out. Next time I'll stick with the motel 6 or super 8.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about some of the areas that we need to work on. The internet is quite high maintenance, however, when there is a problem, we fix it quickly because we know our customers need internet access. Thank you again for bringing up the other issues, we unfortuantely did not receive a comment from you before you left therefore these items will be addressed immediately. Safe Travels.
Blue River, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were a large group heading for the Salmon River and needed a good night's sleep on the way. I choose Guesthouse International Inn because it was moderately priced, however, I would say it is overpriced. The place needs a remodel. The carpets are very stained and the hallways all smell of cigarette smoke. The positive comments are that the breakfast was on a par with most motels serving a continental breakfast, the staff was pleasant, and the beds were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during the summer. I would like to reassure you that we are an economical alternative hotel. Even in the summer when our Resort Town is expensive to stay in we are priced well below our competitors. Thank you again for staying with us and feel free to check out our prices during the off season, they are a bargain.

Been to Guesthouse International Inn? Share your experiences!