“WOW! Beyond anything I expected!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of American Country Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added American Country Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
American Country Bed and Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   705 S. Zircon Lane, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Offers & Announcements
Lunch On Us!
San Diego, California, United States
“WOW! Beyond anything I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I told Brian and Shar I would be writing a stellar review for them on every website I could find I was tempted to cross my fingers behind my back. Then i come here and see that the secret is out and everyone else has already spilled the beans on how amazing this place is.

We stayed here the week of the 2013 Ironman, my wife's first, and it was our first stay in a B&B. I didn't really know what to expect but from the moment we walked in the door I felt like Brian and Shar were family. (Seriously, is it to late to be adopted in your 30s?) They were so friendly and accommodating and by the end of the stay I truly felt like I was home.

We stayed in the treehouse which was so much fun! It was so cool and had a couple comfortable gliding chairs on the porch that were great for sitting and looking at the view or watching the deer in the neighboring fields. It rained most of the time we were there but we still had a blast. And, fortunately my wife wasn't too terribly sore from the race so I didn't have to carry her from the treehouse to the bathroom the day after the race like I had teased her I would when she booked this.

The breakfast everyday was unreal. First, Brian and Shar went above and beyond to make sure each couple had food that met their diets (gluten free for my wife, various needs for others) and the meals themselves were delicious. My wife's gluten free versions were just as good as mine, I think Shar might be a magician of some sort.

If you are coming for the race, you will love it. Brian and Shar are so into the event! They get up at 3:30AM on race day to have the pre-race breakfast of your choice ready for you. After cleaning up and checking everyone's swim results they head down to the course and cheer you on; my wife was so excited to see them out there. Then, we came home to amazing spaghetti and homemade meat sauce waiting for us and a rum cake that could be good enough to bring a measure of peace to this entire planet.

We will definitely be back to see Brian and Shar again in the future. The only question is when and if we stick with the treehouse or try out the room with the jacuzzi! Thanks Brian and Shar for making my wife's first Ironman such a memorable experience!

Room Tip: We absolutely loved the treehouse. If you are traveling during a rainy part of the year just know yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vacations4me2, Owner at American Country Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We would love to adopt you and your lovely wife too! Thanks for all the wonderful things you shared in your review. We wish you all the best as you both seek the next finish line in your future! We know you will do well!

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We used TA to find accommodations in Coeur d'Alene and are most pleased we did so. All of the reviews are SO accurate. Everything about this location is first class and it became evident from the first contact. Their response to our booking (directions, offerings, checking preferences and allergies) before arrival indicated the care they took and this was realized upon arrival. The service, the attention to detail, the quality and cleanliness was all first class. Thank you Shar and Brian for providing us with a wonderful experience. (Peaceful is another important descriptor)

Room Tip: All were excellent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Peaceful is a great descriptor for the hillsides around the B&B. After seven years, we still pinch ourselves and ask, "Do we really live here in this wonderful quiet setting, or are we on vacation?" So happy you enjoyed the quiet too!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed during Memorial Day weekend for a quick getaway. Great experience, beautiful location, clean/comfy rooms and friendly innkeepers. Breakfast was delicious! We would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2013
We often get asked what are your breakfasts like at the B&B. It really makes us both smile to read your review as we both share the kitchen laboratory in the morning, hoping that the morning fare will make our guests happy and meet their expectations! Thanks for your kind words!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been to bed and breakfasts in lots of places, but American Bed and Breakfast is by far the very best!!!! Shar and Brian were such good hosts and so friendly. By the time we left we felt we had known them for years!!! The breakfasts were definitely gourmet style and their attention to every detail while preparing and serving the meals was unbelievable. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the whole home feels so inviting! The serene, rural setting was so peaceful and quiet, yet you are literally minutes away from downtown Coeur d'Alene. We are definitely planning another stay as soon as we can.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wow----Gourmet Style breakfasts...the supreme compliment! Thank you so much for saying that! We have a lot of fun in the kitchen, and it's nice to know our guests are having as much fun as we are!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I keep going back to American Country Bed and Breakfast and every time is better than the last. I have taken friend there and they have each become loyal customers too. The food is fantastic. The setting is perfect if you want a country, rural place to stay that is just minutes from town. The rooms are comfortable and fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I looked up tripadvisor reviews after reading about American Country Bed and Breakfast. Tripadvisor reviews were right on! Super clean, comfy, and quiet. The entire place is meticulously
maintained. It is in a rural setting just minutes from town so we were able to get away from the traffic noise and just relax. Phyillis made us feel very welcome and was a great hostess. Highly recommend. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phyllis was so excited when we shared your review with her. She is an aspiring inn-keeper and your kind words really helped her feel that she has chosen the right profession for her future! Thanks so much!
Jacksonville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just got back from the American Country Bed and Breakfast and I wish I was still there! Phyillis, Shar, and Bryan were excellent hosts and the food was exceptionally good. No shortcuts at all on the breakfast: it was all gourmet and delicious. Every part of the house that we saw looked like it was ready for a magazine cover. Our breakfast table looked like something straight out of Better Homes And Gardens. No detail was overlooked in their gorgeous home. The main room was decorated like a general store and my husband enjoyed looking over the antiques. We stayed in the treehouse and we could see deer from our front deck. A quail landed on the limbs right above my husband's head. The only down side to the tree house was that the bathroom was located in the main house, but it was only a minor inconvenience. The overall experience was so great and the people were so nice that the short walk to the bathroom won't even matter. I would definitely stay there again. We go to Bed And Breakfasts all the time and this one is the best we've ever been to.

Room Tip: The treehouse is perfect for wild life viewing
Green Features: Treehouse made of reclaimed wood. I didn't notice any wasteful practices.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We love to decorate for each season and holiday here at American Country. We just finished the breakfast table "Beach Scene" for the month of June. Guests are delighted to find that their names washed up on the beach each morning indicating where their special seat is at the table! Thanks for saying we should be in a magazine....that is an "Over The Top" compliment!

Been to American Country Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!