When I told Brian and Shar I would be writing a stellar review for them on every website I could find I was tempted to cross my fingers behind my back. Then i come here and see that the secret is out and everyone else has already spilled the beans on how amazing this place is.
We stayed here the week of the 2013 Ironman, my wife's first, and it was our first stay in a B&B. I didn't really know what to expect but from the moment we walked in the door I felt like Brian and Shar were family. (Seriously, is it to late to be adopted in your 30s?) They were so friendly and accommodating and by the end of the stay I truly felt like I was home.
We stayed in the treehouse which was so much fun! It was so cool and had a couple comfortable gliding chairs on the porch that were great for sitting and looking at the view or watching the deer in the neighboring fields. It rained most of the time we were there but we still had a blast. And, fortunately my wife wasn't too terribly sore from the race so I didn't have to carry her from the treehouse to the bathroom the day after the race like I had teased her I would when she booked this.
The breakfast everyday was unreal. First, Brian and Shar went above and beyond to make sure each couple had food that met their diets (gluten free for my wife, various needs for others) and the meals themselves were delicious. My wife's gluten free versions were just as good as mine, I think Shar might be a magician of some sort.
If you are coming for the race, you will love it. Brian and Shar are so into the event! They get up at 3:30AM on race day to have the pre-race breakfast of your choice ready for you. After cleaning up and checking everyone's swim results they head down to the course and cheer you on; my wife was so excited to see them out there. Then, we came home to amazing spaghetti and homemade meat sauce waiting for us and a rum cake that could be good enough to bring a measure of peace to this entire planet.
We will definitely be back to see Brian and Shar again in the future. The only question is when and if we stick with the treehouse or try out the room with the jacuzzi! Thanks Brian and Shar for making my wife's first Ironman such a memorable experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded the "Best In The West" four years in a row. Check our two hundred plus five star reviews. Come and experience what everyone is raving about! Review, Compare, Reserve! Enjoy the peace & serenity of a five-acre elegant country setting, "Where Welcome Never Felt So Good!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your American Country Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Country b&b
- American Country Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- American Country Bed And Breakfast Idaho