“cookies and milk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 West Seltice Way, I-90 Exit 11, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Rhode Island
“cookies and milk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Greeted by the most friendly staff and Dodger!! oh ya and the smell of fresh warm chocolate chip cookies!!! What could be better??? NOTHING!!! The property was exceptionally beautiful and the accomadations were wonderful. All of the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, from the breakfast buffet, that Paula kept up with, to restaurant recommendations and what not to miss. Ate at Couer D'Alene resort, don't miss the floating boardwalk!! Bardenay was fabulous, order the Spicy Asian plum chicken wings!! And they distill their own VODKA. Don"t MISS G.W.Hunter's restaurant in Post Falls-for the best elk ever!!! First trip to Iadho from R.I. and enjoyed every minute of it. Fabulous people and delictable food!!! Want to go back already!!

Room Tip: Don't miss this property-beautiful and great service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We travel a lot and this was one of the best stays we've had. They upgraded us due to Priority Club to a suite which was really nice, fully loaded and the dog named Dodger was my wife's favorite thing about the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. Dodger is a very popular pooch! I am happy you were able to enjoy yourself and Dodger was able to keep you company. Come back anytime ! Until then, Safe Travels!
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Never been to Coeur D Alene in my life until July'12 me and my dog. The staff is 5 star plus!!! Everyone!!!! The food is always good!!! The place is always super clean, the rooms are the Best I've ever seen in a Holiday Inn Express, the beds were amazing, and their lucky I didn't steal the the best pillows ever!!! Loved it so much, went back in Aug.'12 and they even had my favorite night shirt there for me that I had left in July. Was passing through in Sept.'12 had to stop in and say hi to the best staff ever!!! (they probably think I'm a stalker now) we all had a good chat, sad to see a hotel is getting built right behind them where the dog friendly forest was, which made the fire pit parties so fun.Booo Marriott. Oh well, me and hound dog Buck will be back!!! Thank-you!!

Room Tip: For dog lovers, always the groung level rooms are the best, right!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Well, Sounds like you need to come back in October... :) Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our property. We hope you and your hound dog can visit again soon. If you are
going to be in staying with us anytime in the near future you should come and talk to me and we can see about getting you some pillows of your own! Until then, Safe Travels.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

After travelling west across Canada we crossed into the USA travelling east along I90 on our return trip home. We read about how beautiful Coeur d' Alene is and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We have stayed at many Holiday Inn's and have certain expectations. This Hotel exceeded those expectations.

Location is excellent, right off the Interstate 90 and a short drive to the Downtown waterfront. The Hotel is modern, clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is good and the indoor pool and jacuzzi enjoyable.Staff are friendly and very helpful, check-in was a breeze.

Coeur d' Alene is a very pretty place located on an absolutely beautiful lake with nice shops and restaurants and a must stop when travelling through this area as is the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Our Guests are number one in our book! We are happy the feeling is mutual. It is our goal that every guests leaves feeling the way you do! Thank you for being our guests, we look forward to your return!
Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a government employee and attempted to book this hotel while traveling on official government business. When I called I explained that I could present my badge and ID upon check in and offer additional information to confirm that I was on official business. They have a complicated policy for booking at the GSA rate which effectively made it too complicated to be worth it. I guess they prefer to have empty rooms during the off season rather than to host government employees?

I am all for trying to avoid abuse of government travel rates, but I've also never encountered such a hassle trying to book lodging while traveling for work. Their customer service in that respect could use an overhaul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
I am sorry you had a difficult time making a reservation at our front desk. I am suprised as we pride ourselves on our OUTSTANDING guest service skills. I wish you would have attempted to contact a manager and we could have assisted you with the reservation. As there are individuals out there who do abuse the government rate it is always in the favor of the actual government employees who do book here. I apologize you were never able to stay here as we would have impressed you. If you would please call me directly at the hotel I would love to talk to you about your phone call. We are always looking for ways to be the best and this could be a great training lesson. Once again.I apologize and I hope to hear from you soon.
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked this hotel as an overnight stop on our way to Yellowstone, such a great hotel we could have stayed much longer, if we pass this way againwe will deafinately do so. This hotel is fairly new, so all rooms and public areas are invery good condition, staff very polite and most helpful. Plenty of food choices close by we walked to the Mexican in the shopping mall also good.The room was a good size and very clean and breakfast was as good as you get in the Holiday in XP range of hotels.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to be good in this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMJenn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We truly do strive on keeping our hotel as close to new as possible and having a friendly staff. We would love to have you back for a Coeur d' Alene trip anytime!
Vashon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Clean, new, nice, awsome. And that was just the parking lot. Inside dark marble counters. fresh new paint beutifull lobby and pool area. Staff is polite and nice. I couldnt have asked or dreamed of a better experiance. We stayed on our way back from a Yellowstone trip. Hit silverwood for my daughter. I tried another hotel it was bad. This place is sweet.

Room Tip: Get the Suite and pamper yourself. Soooooo nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the positive feedback and are so happy we were able to help end your trip on a good note! We hope to see your family again next year or even this fall for Scarywood at Silverwood Theme Park during October.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene? Share your experiences!