“Silver Lake Motel= All The Comforts of Home and More” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Lake Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6160 N. Sunshine Street, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815   |
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
California
“Silver Lake Motel= All The Comforts of Home and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

I came across this motel the same way i came across this site, accidentally. I am grateful for both. The place I had stayed before had an event and was booked. The location of this motel was central to where I wanted to be, so i gave it a try. That was a year ago and i have stayed there when in town, ever since.(3 times, the most recent in Aug.08) I Love it there. Great breakfast, great service,clean, comfortable, easy access, and so accomodating! They go above and beyond to make my stay perfect. They continuously succeed.

Stayed March 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Troy, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

I attended a group meeting here yesterday and our meeting planners had arranged for us to have sleeping rooms at a very reasonable rate. Unfortunately, the staff answering the phone when I called to make my reservation had no idea what I was talking about with regard to the special rate. I eventually found the person who had arranged the meeting room and she was completely clueless - nice enough, but clueless. It should not take 25 minutes to book a sleeping room, but it did. She then called me back a few days before my arrival very confused about my reservation - it seems that because I had told her that I was attending the meeting on Saturday and wanted the special rate, she had reserved the meeting room for me on Friday night. There is a difference between a meeting room and a sleeping room. The day of our arrival, one person in our group had an emergency and I needed to cancel one of the three rooms. The person who answered the phone was awful, snotty, rude.. asked me if I was aware of their 24 hour cancellation policy - I was not because no one had told me when I booked the rooms. I tried to provide the confirmation number and she snapped at me asking if I was calling the right hotel and indicating that their confirmation numbers are not that length. Overall, everyone who worked at this hotel, with the exception of the person who checked us out was just angry and rude.
The rooms are older - drapes that do not close - actual metal keys and the parking is immediately outside your room door, which creates more noise than I care for. It was evident that an effort had been made to clean the room but the envelope left in the room begging for a tip was downright tacky.
I will not stay here again - there are many other options in the area that employ competent, pleasant people.

• Liked — Our meeting was held there.
  • Disliked — Rude staff, old rooms, loud heaters, could hear people around you in the adjoining rooms...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

The room was a nice size and clean, and the place isn't bad for an overnight stay. If you are staying longer than that though, go somewhere else.

The staff, although reasonably friendly, seemed indifferent about problems, and didn't keep up on the little things that make a longer stay more pleasant.

The continental breakfast is pretty meager, often out of items, and you have to take everything back to your room. If you happen to be on the other side of the street from the lobby, it can be a bit of a walk back to your room.

The pool was pea green when we stayed there. They started working to clean it, but it was unusable during our stay.

The hotel also still uses actual keys (not key cards), and there is a $50 charge if a key is lost.

The beds and the pillows are very very firm.

Stayed October 2008
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

Me and my family stayed here and went to Silverwood Theme Park. We had a wonderful stay. Rooms are spacious and clean. The motel had great amenities including a nice outdoor lounge.
The price was not high and staff was courteous and prompt. Would definately recommend to any and all!

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
theroadtripper
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Well, what can you say about finding pubic hairs among the dirt on the bathroom floor? The floor of the tub was blackened from feet, the curtain was dark gray on the bottom and the chrome in the bath and sink didn't look to be polished ever. (The carpeting was very dirty too.) This was the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed in. I suppose this is what I get for grabbing the first motel I saw coming South on 95 into Coeur d'Alene. When I went to look for a place to eat I saw several other places to stay just a few more minutes down the highway that I now wish I had looked into first.

• Liked — First motel close to Coeur d'Alene coming in from South 95
  • Disliked — Absolutely filthy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dundee, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

I booked a double queen room for myself and my two children. The rates were very good, and when you go as part of a Silverwood Theme Park package, I was pleased at the low rates. This was easy to find, and there were several places nearby to eat (within walking distance). The staff was friendly. My only complaint was that the floor in our room was dirty and had some sticky spots. Otherwise, not bad for the price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — being on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2006

I picked this motel based on how close it was to Silverwood ThemePark. I arrived and was told they did not have my room ready due to being full the night before but would have it ready for me within the hour since they knew I was waiting. I left and came back my room was ready and very clean. I enjoyed my stay here and did not have to pay high prices to be close to Silverwood.

• Liked — Closeness to Silverwood Theme Park
  • Disliked — The hot tub was in a closed room with no windows.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Silver Lake Motel? Share your experiences!