“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Darby
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

So unfortunately there were no other hotels this weekend. We felt lucky to find a hotel with a hot tub, pool and arcade. With a handicap person they stuck is on the top floor in the middle of the hotel making getting to our room very difficult. We get into our room and at first looks decent. We were wrong. The toilet wobbles as it is not attached to the floor. The bathroom is filthy with layers of dirt around the end of the floor. One trash can in the entire room. We ask where the pool is they inform us it is out of order. So we ask where the hot tub is and of course it's out of commission. We go to our wedding the next day and I promise the kids they can play in the arcade when we get back. Well guess what. The arcade has been removed. The continental breakfast offers biscuits and gravy.... Of course they didn't have that either. They offer waffle sticks... They had some frozen waffles. No regular coffee creamer and the sugar was a solid clump stuck to the glass container. What a joke! Especially for their $120 a night fee. I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having read prior reviews I was reluctant to stay here. However, my recent 3-day stay worked out great! My room was clean and fresh and the staff with whom I dealt, Lori and David, were both very accommodating, very attentive, very helpful, and very pleasant.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Presidential Suite. The shower and Jacuzzi are fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Three words: Expensive, BED BUGS! We thought this was a decent place because they let us have our cat (additional $50 fee) and even though it was expensive ($325 a week!) we paid it because they had a kitchenette for us. BIG MISTAKE. We stayed for about 2 weeks while we waited for our new apartment to be ready. About half way in, we realized the rash wasn't from harsh detergents on the sheets, (which I changed every couple of days, also did my own mopping, sweeping and all other housekeeping). Waited for available appointment for the Doc and what was the result? BED BUGS. We captured one and brought it to the desk, asking that they pay doc bills, and laundry bills and partial refund. Have been getting the runaround for over a month. I have finally contacted a lawyer because the office lied and said this has never happened before. CLEARLY this is a place with bad business practices and no customer service. We never even bothered trying to get the "continental Breakfast" because we were so grossed out. And, the Pool/Spa? COMPLETE JOKE...has been out of service for months.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ok, my friend and I are visiting from out of state, saw this place and saw that it was rated at least good...

Well friends for the price, this is far beyond not worth it. When we got in only 2 of the 6 lights actually worked, the place smelled of cigarettes(in the none smoking part), for some godforsaken reason the bathroom sink area was carpeted. There was at least one hole in each of the bathroom walls. After taking a shower the bathroom pretty much flooded itself. Not that it's under the facility's choice but all of its guests that we met were sketchy as all get out.

No one knows the wifi password, the spa which is supposed to be available, was broken. After further investigation the front desk lady said it's been broken for over a year at which the owner had not repaired it.

Please do not spend your money here. It is not worth your time! Just read some of the other reviews!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed here for around two months paying a weekly rate since I was in transition to move into a house with my family. My stay was cut short and I had to vacate because they changed the rates of the room without any notice at all. I was blown away by the price jump and instantly knew I was not going to pay more for such an awful place. I tolerated it because it was somewhat reasonable at first, but the lack of housekeeping, customer service and even lack of linens was nothing short of an incredible disappointment and a massive waste of my money. Their amenities are a farce and perhaps none existent. Every employee was rude in one way or another, constantly on their cell phones outside the office, smoking cigarettes and more than often not even available at the front desk. One ice machine is broken and I had to walk across the street to get more every time. They still haven't fixed it since I moved in around April. They charged me an extra night for no reason, and they wouldn't pro-rate it or discount or anything after I had brought so many issues to their attention. All the employees blame the owner and say that it's a terrible place to work. That is telling in it's self! Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs, you are better off in your car or a tent or even outside! Oh, and the beds are so firm, you are guaranteed to have a back ache from sleeping on them. Health department needs to investigate this place because their standards wouldn't even satisfy a rat or roach!

Room Tip: Anywhere else would be better than this garbage place!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

What can I say? Keep on driving! Sleep in your vehicle! Of course, I was not impressed with the whole Coeur d'Alene area but this motel didn't help any! The little kitchen was cute and the bathroom was clean, that's all I can say about it. I reported no wi-fi in my room, they said they'd have somebody look into it and 2 days later there was no wi-fi...but there was in the room next door! The morning attendant works a night job and when I asked about breakfast (@7:30 a.m., I got him out of bed...I guess the person in charge of that didn't show up! No, no, no, people! Save your money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have never stayed at a motel of this low caliber. I am surprised that the Coeur d'Alene Health Department has not investigated and shut them down. I booked the room over the telephone and did not do a walkthrough of the motel beforehand. I most certainly would not have stayed if we had done that. Staying at this motel has shown me that it is imperative to check out any motel before booking.
First of all, we were not able to unlock our door with the room key. The woman in the office was able to open the door by moving the key a "special way". We still were not able to unlock the door by using her "special way". After complaining twice to the office manager, we decided to ask for a different room because we were not even able to get in the room. They did move us to a different room. In this room, the tv remote was stuck on 1 channel and we were not able to change channels. After complaining twice to the office manager, a young black man finally gave us a different remote.
That evening we noticed several shady characters sitting on the steps of the motel in the hallways. They looked homeless and destitute. We also noticed that early in the morning there was a large crowd of men in the parking lot.. some of them were laying under the parked cars. It looked like they were maybe waiting for a ride to work..? It was very disconcerting. I don't know if these men were staying at the motel or if they used the parking lot for a meeting place for car pooling. During the day, there were also strange looking characters perusing the parking lot.
At first glance, the room appeared to be shabbyclean but closer inspection revealed dirt and hair on the torn tile floor of the bathroom. The worst part is that my husband and I both contracted head lice at this hell hole motel which we are now fighting to get rid of.
I felt it was imperative to let other travelers know..not to stay here! Save your money for a decent room!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Silver Lake Motel? Share your experiences!