“Not that bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
U.S.A.
“Not that bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at this Motel over Labor Day 2012 and was scared after reading the reviews. I stayed to nights and the place was not that bad. Is this a luxury resort, NO. This place is a road side motel to crash for a night or two.
The room was quiet and clean, yes clean. The free breakfast was a joke, McDs is just up the street a few blockes.
Not sure about the jacuzi in my room though, reaked of a hooker hotel. I looked at it, but did not use it.
If you just need a place to crash, go ahead and book a room.
Over Labor day this motel was completely full.

Room Tip: Smoking or not.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Not so great ambiance... issues with the internet. Most aspects of the room were standard. Burn marks even in non~smoking but that happens. Sheets seemed all right but one pillow had a blood stain on the pillow itself and some other stains on the pillowcase. The second pillow had small blood stains on the outside case. Needless to say I was incredibly glad I brought my own pillow and blanket.

• Stayed July 2012
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked, and confirmed 2 adjoining rooms. And we paid a ridiculous price. Over $130.00 US per night / per room / plus taxes, and that was supposed to be a deal??? It is 1.5 * at best. When we got there, our adjoining rooms were not to be had, we got 2 rooms, old beds, old comforters, old TV, older than older microwave. The only decent thing was that the bathroom was very clean. We had 2 children, age 1 and 5, and our room, which was deemed non smoking, stunk to high heaven of fresh smoke, and other fumes so bad, we had to open the windows all night to air it out, it was horrific. We tried to get the managemnt to switch us and what about the adjoining rooms, but nothing could be done. The pool was sad. The breakfast consisted of some little muffins and some dry cereal. Believe you me, I am one of those people who reads these reviews and says, oh there's just no pleasing some people, but I can honestly say this tops one of the biggest disappointments I have ever ever stayed in, and I am very flexible, but for that price, one would certainly expect something a little more decent. I have never written a review on Trip Advisor, but felt I had to after this stay. Stay at the Holiday Inn or go to Spokane if need be. We had such a great trip, minus this stay, which after a very long day of driving and site seeing, and with 2 small children, this was not the bonus at the end of the day, that's for sure. Maybe we got the shabby part of the premises, because it was nothing like the good reviews we read about this place. Never again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Colbert, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I want to say that Laurie the manager is wonderful. We had a reservation at another hotel for Ironman and they cancelled our reservation a week before the event. Laurie went out of her way to help us get a room. She understood the frustation I was feeling at such a last moment. We were treated very nicely by the staff and left making our reservations for next year Ironman.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Port Hadlock, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I rented the presidential suite and it was awsome. The room is huge with its own jet tub. The shower has multiple heads. The toilet is in a seperate room. The bed is huge and comfortable with two big pillows each. Don't let th outside appearence fool you.

• Stayed May 2012
Fernie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Unfortunately we found ourselves without a room after travelling for 12 days across Oregon on our way back to Canada. Even the Super 8 was full so they recommended we go to Silver Lake. My husband went in, booked and paid for our room and then we went and opened the door. All I can say is the kids kept saying 'It;s like My Name Is Earl!' At least there was no beer cans in the outdoor swimming pool.
If I had asked to see the room before paying i would have refused to accept it and would have moved on to the next town. We were charged an extortiant amount for the room, which they said came with breakfast, oh boy, don;t get me started on the breakfast... Looking at the rates that are quoted here I KNOW we we were overcharged, but speaking to others who arrived after, they were charged even more. The 'breakfast' room was just one of the rooms with a basic table, very poor food and even less choice in it than a tramps bag. everything was either padlocked up or bolted down, making the whole experience even worse. Lesson learnt, reserve ahead and leave nothing to chance!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nelson, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was mislead into thinking there was coffee making facilities in the rooms on the website. After an afternoon's drive down from Canada I just wanted to make a coffee and although I had a kitchen suite (with nothing in the cupboards) there was no coffee/tea making. They did offer coffee in reception but as I was annexed across the road so it was inconvenient, especially first thing in the morning.

However... the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is a bit far from the city centre but I was booking at last minute and most places were full.

Room Tip: A bit isolated, no coffee facilities but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Silver Lake Motel? Share your experiences!