“Good Value and Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2209 East Sherman Ave, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Ranked #13 of 22 hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Seattle, WA
“Good Value and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this La Quinta Inn many times over the years when in the area visiting family. We have always found it clean and the staff most helpful. The hotel is right off the freeway which is convenient. Working with Jessica is always a pleasant experience. The breakfast is pretty much what you would expect. The coffee pot is always on and the evening cookies are good. We would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind works, we appreciate the feedback! I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff and especially Jessica. Have a great day, we look forward to having you again!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kimberley, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Thought this Laquinta was comparable to the rest, but barely a 2 star. Phones in room did not work, only one light bulb in the lamps, toilet did not flush properly - almost overflowing. Breakfast in the morning is nothing special. Cleanliness is alright. And the manager is not very customer service oriented -she makes is seem like you are bothering her. There was a group of 14 of us and no one was impressed at all and said the Laquinta on Appleway is much nicer, comfier beds, clean and is actually a 3 star like they say. Waste of money to stay here. The only good thing was that the pool was open 24 hrs which all the kids took advantage of.

Room Tip: Book at the Laquinta on Appleway and you will not be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Karen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I am very sorry your stay was not up to expectations. Please give me a call so we can discuss the matter further 208-667-6777.
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on vacation in May, just before peak season. We chose it as a stopover on our way from Glacier National Park back to Spokane to catch our flight home because it was a little over an hour away from the airport. The rate (which we got through a third party website) was excellent at just under $45 for the night including taxes. The hotel was easy to find and they even gave us a complimentary upgrade to a King Suite with whirlpool tub. The room was enormous, although it was located on the bottom, basement-like floor. The indoor pool looked very attractive, but we arrived too late to enjoy it (but others certainly were). The staff was very helpful and friendly even though we did encounter some "bumps" during our stay. The bfast had some Apple Juice that had turned, and the desk worker accidentally tried to double charge us for our stay (we booked a prepay through the third party website and the morning clerk asked for our card to charge upon check out). It was apparently an honest mistake and she was very friendly and nice about it and corrected the error (even though it took several times explaining it for her to understand what had happened and verify it). With regard to the bfast problem, they again took care of the problem immediately and felt quite embarrassed. I was impressed with their attitude and attempts to solve the problems. They did not make excuses, get upset, or ignore us as other hotel employees have done in the past. Mistakes do happen and it was nice to see someone happily take care of the problems. The hotel is getting a little old and there were a few cosmetic defects as well. I would rate it a 4 if it weren't for those issues. I think 3.5 is the best rating. I would definitely stay there again if given the opportunity, especially if I got another great deal on the price. I would not want to stay there if the price got up closer to the $75 mark. I don't think that would make it quite a value (unless they upgraded the hotel some and improved the bfast selections).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the staff was able to cheerfully fix the errors. We look forward to having you again!
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

No smoking. Pet friendly. Pleasant, quiet, quick, has a pool. What more could one ask for, other than some gluten-free options on the breakfast menu? The location is very good for our purposes and allows one to walk to some very pleasant areas of Coeur d'Alene lake and Fernan lake, but is not in the midst of downtown Coeur d'Alene.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Karen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for the feedback, I will take your breakfast comment into consideration. Look forward to seeing you here at La Quinta again!
Camp Wood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in Coeur D'Alene on our way back from Montana to fly out of Spokane and stayed two nights. The area is absolutely gorgeous and I highly recommend the lake cruise. The rooms we had were just right, the check-in was fast and when I remembered we needed a ground floor room after everything had been already set up (my mistake) but the staff handled it with ease and rebooked it the way we needed it for my elderly mother.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to having you again!
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Room we had seemed to be in the basement. Clean but small. Not what we expected for the price. Very limited staff, not very friendly. Breakfast service not well done, out of coffee etc. one person doing check-out and breakfast service. Not walking distance to town.

Room Tip: ask for a upper floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
My apologies that the stay was not up to standard. I do appreciate the feedback and next time you get to stay be sure to book through me directly and I will take great care of you.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

...and that's about all the good I can say about this place. My husband and I were on our way home from South Dakota, and pulled in around 11pm looking for a place to catch a few hours of sleep. We have stayed in La Quinta Inns before and have never had any complaints which is the reason we thought to stay there. The room was big, but not clean. At all. There was hair all over the bathroom and shower and the toilet was about ready to fall over when you sat on it and there were fingerprints all over the mirror on the bathroom door. I can forgive a lot, but a clean bathroom is a must. I don't think I took my socks off while I was walking in the room except to hop in bed. The condition of the room was unfortunate, especially for $159 at 11pm at night. And the breakfast is not a breakfast...very disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that the room was not up to cleanliness standards. For future reference please be sure to let the staff know so we can resolve anything and create an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur D'Alene East? Share your experiences!