“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Garden Grove, California
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights after a long road trip from SoCal. While the room I was in was rather small it was very clean and comfortable. The staff I encountered during my stay were all very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wow, our stay was good until I saw charges from this Best Western that I did not know why they were there. I called and found out they charged us $100 for cigarette butts left in the room. Funny thing is non of us smoke. I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke. My 13 and 15 yr old sons don't smoke either. I am sure this is from the guest before us but I got charged for there miss hap. I called and was very rudely told I had to wait and talk to the accountant on Monday. I will do this. I will get my money back. If I was smoker I would take the hit but not this time. The rooms were nice and very modern. Over all a nice stay to attend Scarywood. All we did was sleep in the rooms. The buffet was gone before we got there for breakfast. Very slow service to replenish the food. Rated a 2 based on the over charge and food service.

Room Tip: Don't smoke near the Hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were very happy with the stay here. It has great access to shopping, dining, fast food, fuel, etc. The rooms were very nice, everything was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant (Mulligan's) had a nice atmosphere, great continental breakfast, as well as a fine menu to order from. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dawlish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed one night - check in was very friendly, room was on second floor facing away from the intersection nearby so quiet. Dinner service was fast and friendly. No issues - price for the room was reasonable including breakfast. Not sure what the plus is for but as a Best Western this was a comfortable stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here with our football (70 people in the group). Everything was very well done and organized!! The accommodations were excellent and that staff did a great job of taking care of our needs (meeting rooms, projectors, and anything else that popped up).

We highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am a business traveler and usually stay at best westerns. I will never make the mistake of staying here again.(as I did for a recent event)

Room was small and outdated. Bed was saggy and very uncomfortable. AC unit rattled and smelled of damp/mold. Highly over-priced for what you "get." Walls are thin and noise was a constant.

They moved me my second night to an identical room upstairs. (thank you) Unfortunately little improvement. Keys never worked...and check out was a long line in the lobby in the early a.m.

So sorry, but definitely one to avoid.

• Stayed August 2012
Maple Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is our second trip to Coeur d'Alene where we have stayed at this hotel. This time it is the end of summer and spent much less time in our rooms, but the hotel was no less enjoyable.

The beds are STILL my most favorite aspect of the hotel. So comfy! The super plush pillow tops should be a requirement in every hotel (that I stay at).

The breakfast that comes with the room is awesome. Normally you get a continental breakfast, with maybe a few bonus items that make it "ok" - but the Best Western Plus hotel in Coeur d'Alene gives you a full-on smorgasbord of options. Fresh eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage and bacon, breakfast potatoes, french toast, pancakes, toast, cereals, fresh fruits... and this was every day! Depending on what time you went to the breakfast it could be crowded. The hotel moved the breakfast from the restaurant (on our last trip) to a banquet hall, which had much more seating that allowed the people to get up and down with ease, plus better lighting! A ton of options for even the pickiest of children travelers.. and adults!

We spent very little time in the hotel itself, thanks to the fantastic weather. We only spent time in the pool once, but it was a delight. Other visitors were in it constantly, and enjoyed seeing the laughter, playing and watching that was going on in the huge pool room with ample seating for those not getting in the water.

The hotel was close to all the things we wanted to do: Floating the river, tubing at Lake Ponderay, visiting the North Idaho Fair, and visiting Farragut State Park. Summer time is truly beautiful in Northern Idaho.

I absolutely loved my stay (with my family) at this location. So many pluses. The only minus I can think of is the seating at the breakfast. One morning we needed to sit in the lounge because the banquet room was packed with other guests. The food was still fresh, but I had to walk more than three feet to get more coffee. So my lazy meter went off.

Will we stay at this hotel again? Of course we will! Honestly, the amount and quality of the breakfast every day will truly save you money on your trip, because you will not be leaving the hotel for your daily excursion to be looking for a meal to power your day. You'll be fueled up and ready to go for hours! For a family of five, for us, this alone saved us about $40 a day in other restaurants - not to mention extra time driving and waiting for food.

I didn't rate the spa, since we never used the hot tub or the exercise facility.

Room Tip: If given the option, I would choose a room on the "inside" of the complex. You'll hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Coeur d'Alene Inn? Share your experiences!