“No complaints whatsoever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Ironwood Ave., Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814 (Formerly Ameritel Inn Coeur d'Alene)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Stevens, WA
“No complaints whatsoever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Of the four hotels my family stayed at during our trip, this was the only one that did not fall short in some way. Room was comfortable, clean and quiet, pool was clean and well-maintained, cookies were yummy and breakfast was outstanding (waffles, omelets, bacon, fried potatoes, fruit, juice and a lot more). Also delighted that it was right across Ironwood Ave from Schlotzsky's Deli, a wonderful southern-based sandwich eatery that is scarce in the northwest. If we travel this way again, Ameritel is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Book the top floor if you can...less chance of dealing with
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I called this property to get some more info on booking a room. I was trying to book a room for one night for 4 adults and a room with one King bed kept coming up as my only option. When I called, the young man at the front desk said he had no rooms with 2 beds available but I could book the King Suite.
"So there is a hide-a bed in the room?" I asked
"No" he answered
"Can you bring in some cots?"
No again.
"Where will the other 2 people sleep?" I asked
He replied "Well, legally we can book 5 people in a room, so 2 can sleep on the bed and the other 2 can make their own arrangements".
"What kind of arrangements?" I asked - I couldn't figure out what he was saying.
"They can sleep on the floor" was his reply.
We booked a room at another hotel and will probably never stay at AmeriTel properties.
This is a decent hotel and I was appalled at the suggestion to pay $135 a night and sleep on the floor!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

We've travelled to Coeur d'Alene many times and have never booked this hotel thinking it was likely expensive because of the classic exterior. Our last trip down we checked rates and reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to try the Ameritel. We won't book anywhere different from this point on. The rates were reasonable, the rooms were spacious, comfy & clean. Front desk staff were courteous and made sure we knew about the complimentary breakfast as well as the fresh baked cookies & coffee in the evenings. And the breakfast.....unbelievable! You'd certainly pay $10 for the same meal in a restaurant. Choices are abundent and they've provided a beautiful setting in which to enjoy it. How we've missed this place is beyond us but we will be back.

Room Tip: great location, great breakfast, 24 hr. pool
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Castlegar, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I have been in the Resort Mgmt. Bsns for 2 decades. I previously managed a Hotel Restaurant in a distinctive Historic District, and have had experience in Resorts in Winter Park, Colorado, Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountain. I have personally served members of The Adolph Coors family, John Elway, Mike Piazza and countless other Sports Figures, Businessmen and VIPS.
We stayed here both for our child's 12th Birthday and my Birthday. This is a perfect destination for families with CLASS. Nice, quiet spa with hot tub and pool, with exercise room facing the water so parents can work out while children play. Also purified water and television in exercise room. Nice Business center with 2 high speed computers and onsite laundry. HUGE Breakfast dining room with awesome selection of teas and coffee, also television in there too. This property is adjacent to a Summertime water slide park for fun for the kids too, but both stays, we were there in the dead of winter and it was a heavenly quiet place to feel like Royalty for us during our special days. The staff are polite and informative, no arrogant attitudes or inept drones here, just classy, no nonsense, demure and REAL people whom make you feel right at home!
We travel frequently and used to be members of Choice Hotels, but the hotels in Post Falls we used to frequent have only declined in cleanliness and professionalism over the last 5 years. One chain in the center of Post Falls upon new ownership raised their rates almost 50% and did not carry on the friendly and clean manner as before. Although we pay a little more at Ameritel, it is worth it. Several years ago we had begun staying at a newer High End luxury hotel Airway Heights, WA, but over the last year or two the cleanliness and friendliness have deteriorated, and they even made the business center impersonal as you cannot sign in without reporting your room number- talk about an invasion of privacy!
Ameritel CDA is the Best by Far for respect, privacy, cleanliness and courtesy. Total understated ELEGANCE!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
small town Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Ameritel Inn @ Coeur d'Alene was a great find for our family. Room was spacious, clean and well appointed. Beds were very comfortable. Complementary hot breakfast was generous. Pool area (open 24 hrs) was well kept. Rates were very reasonable and the location was quiet (we were on the 3rd floor - south side).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Before I start I need to say I am a 30yr hospitality professional. I have been a General Manager for franchise hotels & have managed boutique weddings properties.
When making a reservation you take for grated that your personal info is private. I have ALWAYS thought that it also included my personnel privacy.
Well I found out just how wrong I was. While visiting my son and his family over Labor Day Weekend . That is when Ameri Tel answered "One Simple Question With One Little Word"
Do to that question and word we had the embarrassment of having a bogus drug raid called on our room, husband in handcuffs, drug dog through the rental car. NOTHING found OF COURSE.
But wait my Wonderful (right) stay is not over yet. The answer to that simple question with that little word set a voilent crazy person I was trying to avoid loose on me and my family. The same person who phoned in the phony drug tip is now stalking me both by phone and in person. Being outside my hotel, parked beside my rental car, just to where I can't see his face. I had the front desk call the police. Just so you know CDA police will do nothing if you do not see there face. Even if you can say the make color and license plate.
I checked out of the hotel and went to stay with my son. Safety in numbers so to speak.
I have called the manager and asked how this all started & why. Why his front desk saw fit to hand out my personal travel plans.And to every question I asked I got the EXACT same answer. "It was one Simple Question, Answered By One Little Word" When I really pushed he hung up on me. What a professional.
That question was " Do Mr. & Mrs. Who Ever have reservation here?" The answer "Yes."
In the age of confirmation numbers AND cell phones there is absolutely no reason for that info to be handed out.
The person who asked the question was my violent, crazy ex son in law, who we were hoping to avoid, since he tries to ruin EVERY family vacation. The same person who phoned in the bogus drug call, and the same person who continues to harass my family and my business.
So to conclude. For those of you who thought your personal info given a hotel included your person travel plans like I did. think again, and women traveling alone BEWARE Ameri Tel will give out you plans to ANYONE that can hint at your name.
I know that in 30 plus years of working I have NEVER given out ANY type of info on my guest.
As of 2 month later there has not been any type of apology from Ameri Tel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Very clean hotel with great beds. We were there off season so not alot of children. The hot tub was very foamy (not good) but otherwise the pool area looked very nice. Great to have a 24 hour pool. Thought the complimentary breakfast was great with lots of variety. Not just danish and fruits. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene? Share your experiences!