“Excellent service and adorable inn.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Greenbriar Inn to your Saves list
Greenbriar Inn
315 E. Wallace Ave., Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
“Excellent service and adorable inn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a great stay at the inn. The owners were very friendly and welcoming, felt like we were staying at a friends home. They provided a great breakfast and complementary bottle of wine. I would definitely recommend the inn to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madeira Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a wonderful stay 7/7/14 and 7/8/14. The owners, Kris and Bob, are very responsive regarding room and table reservations. In previous years, we have stayed in Room 4 on the third floor and found it charming and spacious. This year it was not available, so we opted for Room 1 on the second floor. Room 1, though small, is very comfortable, and it was all we needed, since we were on the go the entire time we were in Coeur d' Alene. We love old houses and B&Bs. If you do too, you'll really love this place! The restaurant, 315 Martinis and Tapas, on the first floor has dining inside or out, open every day except Monday, with entertainment on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. The food is spicy - but fabulous! Give it a try!!!

Room Tip: Each floor has a common sitting room with sofas, chairs, table, reading material, TV, internet acces...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberts MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

What a wonderful place. My niece in Spokane got us last minute reservations. The inn is welcoming and romantic if you like beautiful old houses filled with lovely antiques. If you're looking for the brand new super king size bed and oversized walk in shower, forget it; you can get that anywhere! This place has style, personality and wonderful hosts. We had my 86 year old mother along and our host graciously moved us down a floor... at 9pm! We felt so welcomed and well taken care of - the continental breakfast was outstanding. We were unfortunately not able to dine there, but the next time we go through Couer d'Alene we will try to time it right and get dinner reservations. We'd love to stay again, sans Mom, for a romantic weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Although I haven't had the pleasure of staying at the Inn, I have dined in the restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone living in or visiting the Coeur d'Alene area. The duck confit is as good as any this side of Paris, and the Kobe steak is the best I've ever tasted. Service is friendly and efficient, and is your lucky enough to be there on a night when there's live music you're in for a real treat.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Whidbey Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We loved this place. The restaurant was just about to open for the afternoon, so - yes - it took a few minutes to find the right person to answer our questions, but he was more than accommodating to our requests, and gave us all the info we needed. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The tree-lined street near the lakefront is lovely and quiet. The third-floor kitchen/sitting area gave us additional space and made it feel like home. And, they provided us with plenty of breakfast. (The only breakfast suggestion I'd make would be to include a couple of hard-boiled eggs, especially if travelers have gluten intolerance, which one of us did. We didn't think to ask for this beforehand. Had we, I'm sure we would have been given them.)
The owners of the Inn run a catering business, and that is reflected on the dinner menu of the restaurant they operate on the main floor. We found really interesting ingredient combos in their tapas and other dishes. Combine creative, tasty food with a cozy fireplace, live music (not too loud!) and friendly service, and it doesn't get better than this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Their web site does not advertise their property as a Bed and Breakfast though I thought it was by some of the reviews that I had read. The property is a restaurant that has rooms for rent. It's a Rooming House. That said when we arrived and checked in we did not get the room I had reserved. The outside appearance of the property is charming but the room we got was musty smelling with water stains on the ceiling. We stayed for two nights only for our of convience. They did serve a cold continental breakfast which was placed in the common refrigerator in the day room. So if you are looking for a B&B don't stay here. If you are looking for a musty smelling room in need of repair then you will enjoy this place. We did not eat at the restaurant on the first floor so I have no coments.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the second floor with no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hospitality9660, Owner at Greenbriar Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Mr. Gunslinger, We are very sorry for you disappointing stay. I truly wish you had voiced something to me while you were here. At the very least we would have moved you to another room, or perhaps excused you from your reservation, or provided you with a refund for your first night's stay. It is true that at the end of the summer, one of our third floor guest rooms had an air conditioner that leaked condensed water down the wall above your bedroom. It took a few days to dry it out, after the problem was discovered, and then another few days to repair and paint.
As for the "bed and breakfast" portion, I will make sure that everyone answering the phone states clearly that we provide a CONTINENTAL breakfast. We are an Inn, not a B and B in the most common sense of the word. Again, my apologies for your disappointment. We always strive for the best possible guest experience for the least expenditure on your part.
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed overnight and had dinner here last year. We had a terrible experience. Granted this was last year, so my review could (hopefully) be outdated. Perhaps now they have made some significant changes since then. We read reviews before we went, but our stay didn't match up. No one greeted us when we arrived, the rug and floor in our room was dirty and needed vaccuming, the bed was the most uncomfortable we had ever stayed in (we never got to sleep), and dinner was just awful with service to match. We had an African Nut Soup that was watered down and flavorless and full of walnuts and practically nothing else. Nope, I'd never stay here again. So very disappointing that management was obviously oblivious and hadn't checked on quality or service. Like I said, maybe they've changed since.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lyn G,
I am sorry you had such a bad experience! I wish we had heard about this when you stayed here a year ago! We always try to accommodate any complaint or concern as quickly as possible. I wish I knew which room you were staying in so I could find out which bed you are complaining about! As for our restaurant, well, I guess I am very grateful that by far the majority of our patrons do not feel as you do.

Been to Greenbriar Inn? Share your experiences!