“Pecan Sticky Bun was the star of the show!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Pecan Sticky Bun was the star of the show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just came home from having Sunday breakfast at Jimmy's. It was family friendly, with loads of kids at nearly every table, but happily none of them were screaming. Our server was personable and kept the coffee coming. I had "the special" - a scramble with steak, peppers and cheese. I liked it. The hash browns were okay, but on the plain side, so I saved room by not eating them. I went for a pancake as my side dish. It was huge - filled a dinner plate - and it was thick and fluffy with a good homey flavor. My husband had the Jimmy Special and he ate it down to the last few potatoes before calling it quits. By not eating my hash-browns, I was able to coax myself to eat half of an awesomely gooey pecan sticky bun. We got one to share, which was a good move since it was the size of a child's catcher's mitt. I've decided that next time I'm going to just order a sticky bun and coffee. Like they say, you only live once, eat dessert first.

• Visited November 2012

Airdrie, Canada
“so disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had originally went to Jimmy's about a year and a half ago, after seeing it on Diners DriveIns and Dives. That time we only had the Southern Pecan Roll and it was great. Now we were anxious to go again when we were in town. We stopped for lunch. Service was great and very friendly. I ordered french toast and got lots of it. Unfortunately there was nothing french and nothing toast about it. It was just warm bread. It barely touched the french toast dip and was barely cooked. Then we took home both a pecan roll and cinnamon bun. Really disappointed when I couldn't tell the difference between these and my french toast. They were just huge pieces of bread, but one had some pecans. Unfortunately I won't be going back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hayden, Idaho
“So-so....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Maybe it was what we picked out to eat but it just wasn't what we expected, seemed like just too many servers trying to take our order, it made me nervous like I had to order right now!!

Visited April 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Hot breakfast and plenty of it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Jimmy's has been on tv. Lots of eggs, biscuits are big and good. Clean and owner is always there saying hello. Good food and good people. Nothing gourmet about this place. The small individual apple pies are worth going back for. If your in Coeur D Alene Idaho you might want to try it.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Good food, nothing fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Usually ate breakfast there on vacation. Lots of food and darn good. Nothing fancy. Make their own apple pie and it is great. I'm going back next year.

• Visited September 2012