“Five Rivers Five Days.....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Five Rivers Five Days.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Every year I organize a group of friends to go river rafting/inflatable kayaking. This was our year to try out Row Adventures and their 5 Rivers in 5 Days trip. I have been on over 40 different whitewater rivers so would say I have a good idea on what to expect.
Overall we had a good experience with Row. The guides were all great, even Rafa who had us going for two days.......lets just say he should be an actor!! My criticism lies with the pre trip info. It was NOT made clear to me that all rivers were run on Pacific Daylight time, even though we began in Boise Idaho which is Mountain time zone. Parts of Idaho and all of Montana are on Mountain time......our five rivers were in these two states. One day we showed up to the meeting point (after having a lot of trouble finding it) an hour early and the guides were late!! Not good. Also their was a "typo" regarding our accomodations which caused me quite a bit of stress. Being the trip organizer I always feel responsible to have all participants where they should be at the appropriate time.
Our other big issue was with the breakfast baskets from River Dance Lodge (owned by Row). 12 of us were charged $10 each for what was maybe $30 worth of food in these two breakfast baskets. ALL my people were very disappointed.
On the bright side the equipment was top notch, the wetsuits and other gear provided were good, and the guides including Mikey and Rafa were very much enjoyed. The Lochsa was super fun, the Payette also great and the St. Joe just a beautiful trip.

Visited June 2013
ROWadventure, Owner at ROW Adventure Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We're so sorry for the lack of clear instructions for the Five Rivers trip. We don't run this tour very often so we did have some lack of clarity in our office. We have discussed your comments in depth and will be making big improvements for this trip relative to the instructions. I apologize too that our guides were late. We certainly strive to avoid that.

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed each of the incredible rivers and our guides. They tell me you have done an amazing number of river trips and that is fantastic. Rivers are so healing and energizing. We certainly hope you will join us again.

Warm Regards,

Peter Grubb

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best River Rafting Company EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our family of five went rafting with ROW on the Lochsa River near Lewiston Idaho over the 2013 Memorial Day Weekend. Every part of the experience was fantastic.
We stayed at the River Dance Lodge which is the starting point for this ROW adventure, so it was super convenient.
The guides really know what they are doing and they are very experienced, well trained, personable, and a lot of fun. Their goal is to make the rafting adventure fun, safe, and enjoyable for all. The equipment is clean and very well maintained, and kept us warm and comfortable.
We rafted for two days and had a BLAST. The rapids were exciting, and the guides knew exactly how to get through them. Everyone on the boat had a paddle and got a great work out helping power the boat through the waves.
We would all recommend this adventure, and definately will use ROW again in the future!!!

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your praise and we are very happy you had a great time on the thunderous Lochsa River in central Idaho. It is world-class for sure and so exciting. We look forward to seeing you on another trip soon! Thank you for joining us!
coeur d'alene id
“Lochsa white water rafting and river dance lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you want to enjoy exciting white water rafting on the Lochsa River In Idaho, check out ROW ADVENTURES! We took a beautiful and relaxing drive along the Clearwater River to River Dance Lodge in Syringa, Idaho the headquarters of ROW's Lochsa rafting adventures. The entire weekend was fantastic, from the white pine cabins each equipped with comfortable beds, hot tubs on the deck looking out over the river, the onsite cafe/ lodge where we were fed delicious and filling meals to the friendly and welcoming staff. The rafting was fabulous!!! The guides were knowledgeable, fun and organized. I felt confident in their ability to get us safely down the river. I have been rafting rivers for over 25 years and this was by far the BEST whitewater experience ever! Our boat had both experienced rafters and first time rafters in it and we all had a blast! Amazing to all of us was the hot lunch served on an island in the middle of the river. We had warm gear provided by ROW so that we were physically comfortable the entire day. This experience was so exciting, relaxing, fun I didn't want to leave. What an amazing setting and a wonderful experience. Thank you to the ROW staff , you exceeded all of my expectations.

Visited May 2013
14 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Galapagos Adventures!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My sister, a group of friends and I joined the ROW Galapagos Adventures in mid November. I consider the ROW itinerary the best from the outfitters that we have considered. They guide small groups in well planned trips on land and sea, allowing us very close and intimate experience with the diverse geography and unique plant and animal life in these enchanted islands. The beach camping, which is a unique ROW highlight, allows for feeling the beautiful isolation of the islands. The kayaking, snorkeling and hiking trips also brought us in close contact with the terrain, the fish life and birds on the remote, uninhabited islands not accessible by the big cruise ships. More importantly, ROW's mission for eco-friendly and sustainable tourism is spot-on in these fragile environments. They employ displaced fishermen and farmers through the camps, meal planning and kayaking and snorkeling trips. Bravo!5 stars+++

Visited November 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Whitewater fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great time on the Clark Fork River thru the Alberton Canyon in mid July. The guides all did a great job and added humor to the experience and made a great lunch along the way on a sandy beach. Good sandwich w chips, salsa, veggies........A day well spent, nice scenery, some historical facts, and fun rapids, swimming, and truly an adventure.

Visited July 2012