“Could be better” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scratch Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 208 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The service was super slow. Wait staff told us they were super busy. First forgot to give us napkin with silverware; specials were not announced; wait time for food, after order, was way too long. I ordered the seared tuna and it came either over-seared, it looked almost like fried - tasted like fried too! Noise level was very high - it was very hard to have decent conversation. Busyness is not an excuse for lack of good service and good food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Battleford, Canada
“Inside or out: both great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped in on July 4 and had a marvellous lunch outside served by a charming and friendly server who made sure she met our every need.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Good but Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Enjoyed a dinner outside on a beautiful summer evening. The cheese plate was well done, but I wish it had more varieties of cheese and less fruit. Wine selection was more unique than many other restaurants in the region. However, the server didn't follow common serving etiquette: show the bottle prior to opening, allow someone to taste the wine prior to pouring, fresh glasses with the second bottle, etc. I had the tri tip steak which was quite good, but doesn't stand out from others I have had (same for the potatoes).

This is a good restaurant, but ordinary and probably forgettable.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
spokane
“Elegantly served -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I watch my money. Lunch at Scratch ran $10 not including tip. Not going out much, this was affordable. I did only order from the starter menu aka appetizers, however, I cannot imagine following the warm pita and hummus with a meal. If the menu offers hummus - I'm in. This appetizer required a partner to share with, but mine was observing the Paleo diet plan, so I was on my own. I took home leftovers. My Paleo friend had a house salad with chicken and asked for substitutions to fulfill her requirements. These were met graciously. Service was great. Nice location. I would visit again when the weather cools and try their soups.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
North Idaho
“Awesome find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I discovered Scratch a few months ago while we were enjoying a stroll downtown CDA. The atmosphere was nice, seating was cozy, service was great and loved the meal. Both of our meals pleased our pallets. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2013