“Squeek-Squeek” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Spokane, Washington
“Squeek-Squeek”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My Girlfriend took me to Bennett Bay for my birthday. We had visited there on our bikes before and always thouht we would like to stay there. We thought it was charming. The rooms are old and run down but that really doesn't scare me away. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The problem for me is, the place is pretty much set up for romance and to be honest that is why my GF took me there. We used the hot tub as couples do, we had some wine as couples do.....one thing leads to another then another. We eventually retire to the bed (as couples do) and that is where the trip turned sour. For a place that is set up for romance you would think they would have a bed with a squeek level set at low to medium. NO no no....the squeek lever was set at super duper HIGH. That is officially the loudest bed I have ever taken for a ride. I'm sure all the neighbors heard was some massive squeeking then laughing, more squeeking, more laughing. We had to move to the floor so that everyone on the east shore of the CDA lake wouldn't hear me getting my birthday gift. Totally (or almost totally) ruined the mood. And for that reason I give this experience 2 stars and the only reason it got any is because of the person I experienced it with. I would recommend it to a celebate friend but I don't know any.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently just stayed here & let me tell you this place is a JOKE! It was dirty,smelly, service was bad, & the place was VERY scketchy. First of all my friend & I left the room to run to the store real quick we forgot to lock the door when we came back all of our pizza as dumped out & there was a syringe needle in the middle of the floor, second during the morning we where trying to clean up & a guy came knocking on our door & he was like oh sorry we thought you guys where out... Then a lady comes knocking on the door saying housekeeping & we answer it & she says oh sorry I was looking for my husband this was the worst stay of my life ... This place was very scary & disgusting hot tub water was dirty we had a USED shampoo bottle in the bathroom & when we went to check in the office smelt like complete weed we should have avoided this DUMP !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Bellaire, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

When I first read the reviews I was a bit skeptical of booking here. I'm glad I did! The new owners are great, very friendly and accommodating, and the room was spotless. There are still a few things they're working on, but I can foresee many and vast improvements in the near future. Overall it is a great value for the money; a little worn here and there but safe and homey. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent a Wednsday and Thursday night in the Hawaii themed room. The room was big enough for us and our two labs (very pet friendly). The room comes with a hot tub in the room! There was an Internet special so the cost for 2 nights was well under the cost for 1 night in the more luxurious places in town. The rooms are older and showing signs of age. However, it was quiet and nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Right on the Centenial Bike Trail.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Used it as a via point for a long trip from Seattle to Yellowstone. Room was clean, and surroundings were enjoyable (right next to lake). Amenities and room were a bit tired, but cleanliness was OK. Has WiFi. A bit of a drive (4 miles) from I-90 (and decent food). Has a toilet leak, but I was too tired to care much about that :-).

Room Tip: If you want to cook, there are a couple of rooms with kitchenette.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Athol, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

my husband and i went for a weekend spent couple nights there when we got there was really clean smelled nice to, i didn't have any problems what so ever they even brought towels with out me asking so i will be returning. i even was allowed to bring my dogs so that was really cool :) i stayed in the victorian room .

Room Tip: go for the themed rooms for couples :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend. I have to admit I was a little skeptical after reading all the reviews but we had a great time. The rooms and hot tub was very clean. Lots of sun all day on the deck. We enjoyed the beautiful view from the Garden Room and the sun..The staff was super friendly. It was definitely relaxing and rejuvinating. No doors banging or people running around hallways like you would here in a Hotel. It was very queit. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bennett Bay Inn? Share your experiences!