“Lovely scenic location!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Roxborough,CO
“Lovely scenic location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The resort is top notch with the exception of a few things. They still have dry powder creamer packets in the rooms for coffee service and the soaps and lotions are not replenished on a daily basis. The room is comfortable and clean and the staff outstanding. The food in the restaurants is pricey but beautifully prepared and delicious. We ate at the Beach House shortly after our arrival and it was very chaotic and disorganized. We sat outside for the view and they attempted to seat us in a back corner as if they were saving the waterside tables for more distinguished guests. We held our ground as did others when they were presented with this resistance. It took so long to be served but the food was excellent and worth the wait. All of the staff that we interacted with went out of their way to be helpful and they all appeared to have had training in good customer service.
We would definitely return as this is such a beautiful location and everything is right there. The infinity pool is gorgeous and the staff there very attentive. Don't miss this opportunity and I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Upgrade as much as you can afford. We were on the 4th floor with a water view but I would opt for a...
Green Features: All hotels should pay attention to these details. Further detail should not be required in this field. I am annoyed that I have to fill this out beyond my first sentence. How did the resort get TA to do this?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit to the Resort. I will share your notes concerning the Beach House Restaurant with the manager for his awareness and appropriate corrective action. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We really loved this golf resort and spa.
The staff is well trained and everyone appears to love their job. They seem happy at work and go way out of their way to be helpful.
The rooms were great; we had a mini suite on the 14th floor. The views were really awesome.
The food in all the restaurants was really well prepared and served with precision of a well trained wait staff.
Even on the dinner sunset cruise the food was good. This was the only incident where I felt the staff needed to be a little bit more involved with the folks on the cruise. No interaction or telling us anything about the lake, the houses along the way or even talking with us.
Otherwise it was great.
Put the this location on your checklist of places to see inside the US.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake front view
Green Features: I really didn't pay much attention to the echo friendly part. I noticed that there were lots o cans for trash, plastic and cans. Also they had staff that was always picking up trash.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your Resort visit. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff members as they always appreciate hearing from our Guests. We look forward to your return sometime soon.
Schererville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Clean, decent. Location is the best part. Very overpriced. Surprised they still charged for parking, given the outrageous room prices. Friendly staff. Overpriced restaurant food. I wasn't too impressed.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Resort. We appreciate you being our Guest.
Carmel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked our room months ago to ensure we could get our entire family of four in a comfortable room 2 beds and a sleeper sofa that sleeps 5. Checked in and we were given a king bed with no other options available. They are very quick to point out that rooms are not guaranteed - I think it must be day one training for the hotel staff. Very unfortunate but during peak travel months I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. The Resort strives to meet the special requests of our Guests and we sincerely regret that you did not receive the bed type configuration that you had anticipated. I will share your notes with our reservations and front staff for their awareness and appropriate corrective action.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our $500 room (jacked up because of the Ironman), was gorgeous as it should be for that price! We enjoyed our water taxi ride to and from the pool, the pool area was beautiful and the service we received was very good. The hotel has a nice check in system that is personal and makes you feel like you can call that particular person if you have any questions. We ate at 2 restaurants and at the pool. All the food was very good and not too overpriced.

Room Tip: I've only stayed there once, and in one room, so I'm not sure about any tips, although there...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for being our Guest during the popular Ironman Triathalon event. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your return.
ellicott city, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a wonderful place to go, either with your family or with your corporate client for entertaining.
How can you not like this place. As soon as you enter your room, you get a stunning view of a lake. There is nothing like waking up in the morning and with the press of button, the curtains open up and laying in your bed, you can have a fantastic view of the lake, what a peaceful way to get up in the morning. The rooms are unique with two levels and spacious as well, you actually feel like you are at home. To add to the coziness, there is a push button fire place which I used every night during my stay, romantic indeed!
I am not a water person, but somehow I truly enjoyed my stay, actually relished it. The boat takes you to the golf course where, if you are a golfer, you get to play a very well manicured golf course, with a floating green. It is worth going there just to play that one hole!
The staff is very friendly and the food was excellent. I especially like their pastries and cakes. The main street is just a block away, so you dont feel boxed in. The main street is unique with many restaurants and some bars. I usually get bored after a day when I go away on vacation, it is tough to get bored here as you can do water sports, golf, go to town to eat, go to spa or just relax looking at the water with the mountain drop. The staff couldnt be more gracious and I know I will be going back again soon.

Room Tip: Best room to select would be a room facing the lake, most do and they are big, so are the bathrooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Resort. We look forward to your return sometime soon.
Wilmington, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed for three nights: July 9, 10, 11. We had booked several months ahead and at that time, the only room type available was the lowest category. Good and bad here and we always try and stay optimistic so here is the rundown...

Pros:
- You could walk to town in just a few minutes to enjoy great restaurants, shopping, etc.
- The overall property is nice to walk around and we really enjoyed the free 10 minute boat ride to and from the golf course to enjoy the infinitiy pool - the boat captains we had were very pleasant. Being worn out from all the activities we had done and the long ride from Glacier, etc. we took a chunk of time on our last day to just relax in the shade under an umbrella, read and take occasional dips in the pool. Get there before noon, though, to stake our your spot as it gets more crowded as the day goes on. We were a bit disappointed that the pool area closed at
6:00 p.m..... what's with that?
-Beverly's restaurant was fantastic, both food and service. If you are into wine and available, the free 4:30 wine cellar tour was worth it and the choices for the complimentary glass of wine they provide for your tour are high end.... Silver Oak Cab anyone??? The early bird 3-course dinner (before 6:30) was a fantastic deal, which made it possible for us to order a more expensive bottle of wine to accompany our dinner.
- Dockside for breakfast buffet was really good, although we are not usually buffet people. One morning was enough for us.

Cons:
- Not just here, but it irks us that all resorts now charge per day to park your car in their garage. $17.00/day here! I guess they are all taking a page from the airlines: fee everyone to death.
- When walking to our room for the first time, we got the feeling we were at the Motel 6 at a much higher price tag, pulling our luggage down an outdoor sidewalk to our room. View of the garden? Um, with this set-up, you have a view of the inside of your blinds as opening them left you exposed to anyone walking by, also pulling their luggage down the walkway. Granted, we were in the lowest category as that was all that was available when we booked (although at $250.00+ per night for what we had, we may not have chosen to go higher, anyways). I realize we were in a room equivalent to steerage at this resort, but I still hope for bed linens that are not thread-bare with holes. And who's bright idea was it to install upholstered headboards in a hotel???? It may be trendy and the latest decorating style at home, but the accumulation of dust mites over time is one consideration, and I don't believe I have to get too graphic describing what other disgusting substances could be stuck to it as you can follow what I'm getting at. Most hotels have gotten away from the germy bedspreads, so why install a non-santitizable headboard like this that would probably glow very brightly under forensic lighting.... :)
-There are no safes in the room. We needed a secure place to store some stuff so my husband called the front desk and they offered to bring us a lock box... a lock box? My husband laughed and asked what the point was of something that someone could just grab by the handle and carry away. They do have safe deposit boxes at the front desk which we used instead.
-The front desk staff were, overall, unpleasant and seemed kind of "burnt out".

In summary, we did enjoy our time here as long as we were not in our room, but if we come back to the area we will choose one of the 6 other hotels in town that got better ratings than this resort.

Room Tip: All I can say is that you will most likely be unhappy with the lower cost rooms here for the price...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for your constructive comments. I will share your notes with the respective department managers for their awareness and appropriate corrective action.

Been to The Coeur d'Alene Resort? Share your experiences!