“Great deal for budget travel” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Caldwell
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Specht Avenue, Caldwell, ID 83605   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Seattle, Washington
“Great deal for budget travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at this La Quinta while driving home from the holidays. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and the service great. I thought the breakfast in the morning was pretty good too. They had Numi Jasmine Green Tea (my fave!). Super pet friendly... rather than charging me for my two cats, they gave me two cat toys! This is an older La Quinta, so the heating/cooling/fan unit was pretty typical for a budget hotel. Also, the location is nothing to write home about, but great for an overnight. Plus it was cheaper than the Boise La Quinta location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here for a few weeks now and my first reaction to the room was wow...it is so small. So naturally, I was skeptical. But honestly this place is great. We stayed on the first floor and aside from hearing a lot of foot traffic in the room above us, the hotel has been great. Yeah, it could use a little updating but it's not hideous either and what's more important is the fact that the rooms are clean and housekeeping has done a great job so far. The staff here are SO friendly and respectful which is nice when you have to trust people in your room and around your valuables. We haven't used the pool or the hot tub but they look nice from what we have observed. As far as breakfast...I'm not sure what everyone else is used to but this wasn't the BEST like other reviews have claimed. It's decent and they have gluten free choices which I think is great that they have choices for everyone but I've also seen better breakfast spreads from other hotel chains. My biggest complaint has to be the fact that some guests think that all grass that they see is game for allowing their dog(s) to use the restroom on which I think is disgusting and inconsiderate especially when I'm walking to my car or on the sidewalk and have to walk around their mess but that isn't something the staff can really control, nor should they have to. It's great that it's pet friendly for those who are traveling with animals but seriously... be more considerate when walking your dog. All in all, it was great. And FYI: the beds are INCREDIBLY comfortable and the pillows are extremely soft.

Stayed January 2014
Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Beds were comfortable and will stay in the future. This hotel does need renovations. The price is right and for an affordable hotel they had flat screens, fridge and microwave. Many hotels don't yet. It was not to far from the city and gas stations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a month for my husbands job. The staff was so very nice. They helped us when we needed something and went above other hotels we have stayed at. We are from texas and traveled along ways and to have that such friendly faces to end our trip with was very nice. Thank you so much to all the staff in Caldwell.

• Stayed December 2013
Cheney, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The arrival was pleasant and informative. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The breakfast was hot and offered a variety of items to choose from. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a good stay for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Be advised! Many rooms house two or more dogs. The barking in the halls throughout the night is very disruptive to sleep. The folks at the desk really had no control over the thoughtless guests. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was quite and the staff was friendly. There were gluten free options for breakfast including a rice porridge. The rooms are large but a bit dated. I was traveling with a couple bicycles and the staff let me keep them in my room overnight rather than leave them on my car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Caldwell? Share your experiences!