“Nice lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fernie
“Nice lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stopped for lunch on the way through town after a recommendation from down the street. Fresh food, well made and served. Recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Simi Valley, California
“A little costly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It is nice to have the option of a sit-down dinner right at the hotel, but the closing time is too early. The waitstaff was friendly and service was overall ok. A little bit on the slow side, but we were not in a rush.

Our steaks were great and tasted good. The veggies on the side were terrible and the potatoe forgettable. I got charged extra for the onion soup, but it was really not very good. All in all a good meal, but for the prices charged - the quality of some food should be better (the sides).

Visited May 2014
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a kid free dinner. We have eaten at many restaurants and Rusty Moose definitely stood out! I had the steamer clams, SO DELICIOUS. The bread was so amazing I kept asking for more and dipped it in the delicious clam sauce. My husband had an amazing steak and well our dessert was homemade and to die for! I will go back as soon as we get another moment to ourselves. Thank you to Jill the owner who was absolutely wonderful and as well as the staff. :) *****

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plentywood
“Great Place For Food, Beer and A Relaxing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Love this establishment. The bar area is awesome, very attractive with a unique local flair. I'm sold and will return someday. I had the special that evening when I stumbled across this place It was whiskey soaked pulled pork w/ mashed potatoes with lumps(the real mcCoy) and I think the veggie was asparagus, a great meal and I was stuffed. Then I had a couple of Irish Death Brewski's and the bartender suggested I try another beer from Germany, can't recall the name and it was good too. The bartender, can't remember his name to save my was very polite and interesting gentleman. He told me some history about the bar. Anyway, great place, stop by and check it out you won't be disappointed. Oh by the way, everyone working there that night in March, Good job and Thank You--- Great Place!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“Decent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have very mixed feelings about this place. I've tried this place a few times for lunch since it changed it's name. I had 2 really good meals & a few... well not so much! The lunch specials are usually pretty good & creative. The menu items are OK. In my opinion, for the price of these meals, all have rather skimpy portions. The last time I was here I ordered the fish & chips. I was pretty disappointed at the very skimpy portion I received & no salad even came with it. Just 3 very small pieces of fish, some fries, a lemon slice & a little tiny container of tartar sauce & I think some cocktail sauce, which I don't like. I actually left here still quite hungry. I get a much better deal up the hill & the fish tastes better too! I won't ever be ordering fish & chips again at this place & I might not even go back at all! I have not been too impressed with the service here either. Some of the waitresses are not very good at offering refills for coffee & a lot of times they are too busy chatting & I feel uncomfortable like I am interrupting them to ask for more coffee.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
JILL N, Manager at Rusty Moose Grill & Tavern, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us your last visit. I will address the issues that you have mentioned. I assure you that I will inform the servers and kitchen staff of your concerns. Thank you for your feedback, I wish you would give us another chance. Thank you for your patronage.