“Mario and staff made us feel like family!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mario's Mexican Restaurant

Mario's Mexican Restaurant
6536 Main Street, Bonners Ferry, ID 83805 (Formerly Alberto's)
208-267-3410
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Spokane, Washington
“Mario and staff made us feel like family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We drove up from Spokane & Sandpoint by recommendation, well worth the trip! The food was great, the service could not be beat, we really felt like family by the time we were leaving. We'll go back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Post Falls, Idaho, United States
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We traveled from Post Falls ID and read the reviews and let me tell you, they are thee most friendliest place I have ever been, their food is outstanding and the service was awesome. Every time we come to town we will be sure to stop bye and eat, they make you feel so welcome right as you come in, like you are part of the family!!!! just want to say THANK YOU for the delicious food and excellent service

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Best Mexican food in the state!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We moved to Idaho after living in Texas for over 20 years and have been craving good Mexican food. Our prayers were answered with Mario's in Bonners Ferry! Mario himself brought our table several different salsa's (each one better than the previous)! Our food was authentic and delicious and the service was great. Wish we were closer and we'd eat there every day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“BFHS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great restaurant to host banquets! I took a high school class of about 20 students and because I called ahead of time they had everything nicely prepared. The kids enjoyed the food and they even surprised us by comping free meals to the students with straight A's!

Visited May 2013
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“What's up with all the high reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't know what's up here, but this place is just not as good as the "wonderful" reviews it seems to be getting. Mario is a very friendly guy, but the food is awful & the serving portions are very, very skimpy! I used to live in southern California & I was basically raised on Mexican food. If a restaurant can not manage to serve even a few decent, simple shredded beef tacos or a good plate of homestyle "baked" enchiladas, then to me it is not a good restaurant! I decided to give Mario's a try as I was hankering for some GOOD Mexican food & didn't feel like driving down to Sandpoint. What I got at Mario's were 2 skimpy, shredded beef tacos with a lof of fatty chunks in the meat, a very, very small serving of beans & rice, (the rice was too salty to even eat). The clincher for "BAD" Mexican Food was the 2 very small cheese enchiladas I received. They consisted of 2 small corn tortillas, wrapped around some cheese & then nuked, not baked mind you but nuked, with some awful sauce only dribbled over them! I paid over $22 for all this & it was a huge, huge disappointment. I felt extremely ripped off! Mario seemed like a very nice guy, so I didn't have the heart to say negative things about his cooking to him. I just left with NO plan to EVER, EVER return! I was really hoping this would be a good local place to eat, but I guess I'll just have to keep driving down to Joel's in Sandpoint for my Mexican food fix! Now there is some GOOD tasting Mexican Food, even though Joel's is more of a grab & go sort of place! Thanks for reading!

• Visited April 2013