“Dirty filthy room.” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Boise
“Dirty filthy room.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Room hadn't been cleaned from previous occupant. No attempt by staff to clean it. Wet dirty towels left in bathroom, dirty tub, cigarette ashes in sheets. Garbage cans full. Left and went to another hotel when they wouldn't help us. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room upon checking in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be inspecting all guest rooms upon completion of the cleaning to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Section 8 housing?
The place stinks of menthol cigarettes.
My first room was not what I would consider clean. Hairs, stains and such. Finally I asked to be moved when I couldn't stand the smell of dirty dog any more.

The next room seemed to get pumped full of more cigarette smoke via the bathroom vent every morning. And this room had no shower curtain. When I mentioned it to the desk on my way out to dinner, they happily gave me one to install myself.

Halls where never cleaned of scattered trash during the stay.

I'd be ashamed to be the manager of this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be doing inspections of the hallways and suites to look for all items you brought to our attention to make sure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Aloha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very dirty rooms, my wife an I both left the hotel with congestion and a bad cough most likely caused by the air from the heating/cooling unit. The hotel staff was never at the front desk when there was no customers to serve. They have you use the phone in the doorway to have them serve you. Not what I expect from the chain, the one in Seattle was great!. Never again, too inconsistent to spend any money with them.

Room Tip: Use a hotel chain that have consistently good rooms and service in every hotel. No hotel is perfect...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Sean - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your room was unclean and our staff was not available when needed to attend to your needs. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and provide your room with a deep clean. As well, I am reviewing our front desk policies with the entire team so they are in place where they can better assist guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to my teams attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have stayed at several of these hotels when I can get the room for a good price. They are worth it until they get up close to hundred dollars. I stayed in a queen suite that had a kitchenette including a full size refrigerator, cooktop, counters, microwave, etc. Dishes and silverware are provided. Good-sized flat screen, need more TV stations. Slow Wi-Fi. You can pay more daily for increased speed, but I couldn't see the difference. Poor lighting in rear parking lot. Need more than one luggage rack.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us . I am sorry that our WiFi was working slowly during your stay and for the lack of lighting in our parking lot. Still I am happy to read that you enjoyed your room overall, especially the kitchen and television.

california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband had used this chain in California, first I have never had to pay in full before even staying in a motel, most just put a hold on you cc till you check out,they must have problem with guest not paying ??? the hallway carpets are worn and stained, the stairwell smells of rotten garbage, there are no frills at all, no free shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, no hair dryer, no luggage stands, the other guests are kinda scary, no maid service, so no clean towels daily there is a small fridge with freezer, and small kitchenette area with a pot and plate service for 2, microwave. no pool if you have kids with you worn out carpets in the room 1 nightstand, a couple of small tables, and flat screen tv. If I had known how bad this place was would have booked someplace else for couple bucks more.

Room Tip: Pick someplace else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not informed about how we bill before your stay and that the hotel's cleanliness and cleaning policies did not meet your expectations, as well as not being told that we do have extra amenities at the front desk for those who did not bring shampoo, soap or their own blow dryer.

In response to your feedback, I am working with my front desk staff to give our guests as much information as possible to each guest during the check in process and will continue working with the Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff to improve the cleanliness in the hotel to make each guest's stay more comfortable.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com.
Puyallup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband, dog, cat and I recently relocated to Boise. We stayed here at the Extended Stay for 8 nights while we completed our house-hunting task and move into our new home.

The stay ended up going very well. Initially a mistake was made and we were put in a room with a queen-sized bed. (We had reserved a king-sized bed.) The staff, including Erica the manager, were incredibly apologetic and did all that they could to make the situation better. By the next morning we were moved into a lovely 2nd floor room with a king-sized bed. We were graciously given a generous discount because of the mistake and we were thankful for that.

The breakfast bar was fantastic. Good coffee, fresh fruit, muffins, danishes and instant oatmeal. The room was clean and quiet with everything in good-working order. The premises were well-kept and the trash cans in the stairwell were emptied frequently. We were also rest-assured that the moving truck in their parking lot would be safe and they had night auditors checking the grounds frequently.

The staff is kind, courteous and very helpful. We live just down the street now and every time we pass the facility, it's with a smile in our hearts. Thank you Erica and all your staff!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Casey - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and property. As well, I am very glad that you enjoyed the grab-and-go breakfast as well as your upgraded room.

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have got some serious skin infections just checking in to this hotel for 4 hrs. Toilet was uncleaned and nasty, pillows were smelly. I had to use towels to cover the bed... the bed rugs were so bad that even after 1 week i am unable to get out of the itchiness and irritation. I had to check out and run away at 3 AM in the morning ... This is the worst worst ever place I have ever slept in my life !!!. Please learn a lesson from my ill fated experience and never get into this hotel for goodness sake !!!

Room Tip: Avoid checking into this hotel and save your skin.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting all bed linen and toilets prior to guest check-in more thoroughly and will be working to revamp our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BOI@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport? Share your experiences!