“Uncleaned toilets and unchanged bed rugs” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Portland, Oregon
“Uncleaned toilets and unchanged bed rugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have got some serious skin infections just checking in to this hotel for 4 hrs. Toilet was uncleaned and nasty, pillows were smelly. I had to use towels to cover the bed... the bed rugs were so bad that even after 1 week i am unable to get out of the itchiness and irritation. I had to check out and run away at 3 AM in the morning ... This is the worst worst ever place I have ever slept in my life !!!. Please learn a lesson from my ill fated experience and never get into this hotel for goodness sake !!!

Room Tip: Avoid checking into this hotel and save your skin.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting all bed linen and toilets prior to guest check-in more thoroughly and will be working to revamp our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BOI@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richland, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked two rooms through Priceline express deals since we were traveling with our son and his family. We called the hotel directly and they could not put in nearby rooms even though we called four days in advance,but that is probably why they were available through Priceline. The beds were very comfy and the breakfast just right. However, we were in a very smoky section of the hotel when we asked for non-smoking (son got non-smoking which was good) and there was a loud constant fan noise through the room and bathroom vents which we could not quiet. The hotel said that they thought it was being repaired and would be better in a day or two. Too late for us!

Room Tip: Pay extra and book through the hotel. They might treat you better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about our beds and our grab-and-go Breakfast; however, we apologize that we were unable to give you and your family non-smoking rooms that were close to each other. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed with the entire staff the importance of fulfilling our guests requests while they are staying with us. As well, I will work with them to improve our procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for a couple weeks, although this Hotel does advertise "Extended Stay," there's nothing about this hotel that makes you want to extend your stay.
Rooms are ok- a bit outdated. Comes with a kitchenette, which is of average size.
The room is of normal if not smaller size with a kitchenette thrown in. I have stayed in plenty of other -non extended stay- rooms that were much bigger.
Hallways are depressingly old and reek of rotten cigarette smoke, stairways smell awful, as well as elevator.
The "lobby" is located right where you walk in with two chairs, (one is always occupied by the security guard on duty.)
There is no swimming pool, no restaurant, no room service, no gym, no bar. You simply get just a room.
You'd think for an extended stay they would offer more amenities.

Room Tip: No pool, no restaurant. Non-smoking rooms are on the same floor/hallway as smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hawk - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am sorry we failed at that mission. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to correct the issues you outlined and improve our offerings moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BOI@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was in Boise for a business trip reserved this hotel thinking I couldn't go wrong.... well, that was wrong if I hadn't been as tired as I was I would have found somewhere else to stay! The bathroom had the usual items the toilet had the strip across it showing it was clean, again wrong this toilet hadn't been cleaned in fact the whole room was dirty it was like they came in made it look like they had cleaned and simply left. I didn't sleep all night and was driving back to Oregon that next morning. What a nightmare this room was!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good hotel for yourself and family.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I almost rated this as average, but really need to define this Hotel between average and poor... Staff was very nice, room fairly clean, but that said the halls are dirty and worn, lobby, elevator and other common areas just flat out dirty, sticky and again well worn. The advertised breakfast is little more than coffee, breakfast bars, and some fruit that goes quickly, so don't plan on something to hold you till lunch. Location is a 6.00 taxi ride from the airport with Boise City Taxi the other taxis are a rip off, they say same price but are double. I booked on Priceline and actually paid more (50.00 per night) than had I just called direct. This hotel serves a purpose if you need a place longer term, but I think much better options are available for a few dollars more and you can actually get a breakfast. So my advice is keep looking!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the friendliness of the staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that we did not meet your expectationswhen it came to cleanliness. In response, I have met with the staff, and we will be working on improving our cleaning procedures as well as the best way to inspect a room properly before releasing it to a guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at BOI@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Hermiston, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Thank you extended stay American. Room was nice, bed nice, really liked the "stocked" kitchenette. Erica was extremely friendly and nice to us. All the hotel staff either said hi or acknowledged us in the hall or outside when we passed them. Cudo's on customer service. Good coffee too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property in Boise, Idaho. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a well-equipped room. I am also glad that Erica and the staff there provided you excellent service Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was surprised at how quiet my room was. I didn't even hear other rooms' doors close, which was a very pleasant surprise. The other thing that I usually don't care for are hotel pillows--but these were another pleasant surprise. It's not super fancy, but I didn't expect or really want that. The staff were awesome and I wish I could have extended my trip because my accommodations were so handy.

The hallways did smell slightly like cigarette smoke. No trace of it in my room, though. I figure you've got to have one negative thing to say in these reviews, even if it's the smallest of complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear you’re your stay with us was as expected. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport? Share your experiences!