“Great Breakfast....Terrible Beds!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2613 S. Vista Ave., Boise, ID 83705 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Boise)   |
Ranked #28 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Prineville, Oregon, United States
“Great Breakfast....Terrible Beds!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed for 7 days at this motel before I could get in somewhere else for the remaining 7 days I was to be in Boise. The breakfast is great, best cinnamon rolls ever!! I had a room with 2 beds, i tried out both of them and they were terrible. I even took all the pillows from both beds (8 total) and made them into a cussion on top of one bed to try and make it better for the last two nights I was there.........no joy!! I woke up in the morning feeling 10 years older.....not good. The shower, shampoo, ammenities were all good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear froggyJMA,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback regarding your stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast choices and amenities.

Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience the bed quality has caused you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that you give us again the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so we can show you what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Farmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were traveling back home to New Mexico and called ahead to make reservations for two queen beds. We got to the hotel and they didn't have our room ready. We arrived at 5p. They blamed the new girl for not taking the reservation correctly. Anyway, they told us they only had a king available with a pull out sofa bed. The pull out took up the whole walk way so you had to jump over the bed to get to the bathroom or out the door. We weren't happy about that. The breakfast was 1st rate though!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling back home to Washington after spending a week loading our things onto a truck and spent 10 hours on the road . We then were able to relax and wind down in a wonderful room with terrific staff! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013
Othello WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed her one night on a long trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and there were tons of pillows. We used the pool and hot tub and there were plenty of extra towels. The breakfast was first rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at this HIE many times. The hotel is like most HIE's, but the staff is extra friendly. A great feature of this location is the workout facility. They don't have one, so they have 2 memberships to a very close local full gym. It is way better than hotel gyms.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I just got back from my 3 weeks long overseas trip without my family on Dec 29th. My husband and I decided we would take our boys for fun, and celebrate New year Eve together. Due to exhaustion and winter road condition, we didn't want to do any driving so we booked a room at a local hotel for 2 nights. We chose Holiday Inn Express because the property has indoor pool (our boys love swimming) and the rates always include Hot Breakfast. We checked in on Dec 31 evening. Had good night restful night. Then on Jan 1st, we had Breakfast. The lady was pregnant and seemed to me she's the only one was working that morning. She kept going back and forth between the Front Desk to answer phones and the dinning and kitchen areas. We left tips on the table to show our appreciation for her hardwork. We then went swimming, enjoyed the time together as family. After swimming, we promised the boys we would do it again,the next day before checking out. We figured, it would be great if you could have a late check out, that way they boys wouldn't have to get up early they could just sleep in. We tried to call the Front Desk, nobody answered. In the meantime, we saw many checking out. By late afternoon, the parking late was pretty' much empty, the hotel was quiet. We tried to get the hold of someone by phone and twice my husband went downstairs to the Fromt Desk, he said nobody was there! Later after had late Lunch we tried to call again, finally someone was there to answer, but she couldn't make the decision and asked us to call back in the morning. My husband works and he planned on going to work early that he would have to leave around 6am and would get out early at 3pm. We needed late check out for our precious boys to enjoy more the hotel facility. We decided we would be willing to pay extra ke. Half day rate maybe? We called back, again it was almost impossible to get the hold of just a anyone. Later in the evening before we went to sleep, we called and the lady just kept on saying we should call back in the morning, even my husband already tried to explain why we needed to know the answer right away. She didn't even offer any other consideration. She said the Late Check out only offered to Priority Club Member! We're not but we are Delta Skymiles Frequent Flier Member of which Holiday Inn Hotels partnering with. We were so disappointed, frustrated and sad. We packed that night since the boys already asleep. The next morning, the last time, we made the effort, we called, the lady answered gave same answer: The Late Check out only for Priority Club Member. They were not even considering to give us an hour late check out or just anything! The hotel was not even full!
We left at around 6am and the Breakfast was not even ready that morning of January 2nd! We are planning on addressing this complaint to the Headquarter Head Office.

Room Tip: Special request such as Late Check out, special Room etc better be arranged ahead of time, and confi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear SarJo121804,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Boise, ID.

Orlando A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Without going into a long story, I am back on active military duty, which means I am required to book all of my official travel through the Defense Travel System (DTS). This is not a user-friendly way to arrange for lodging, air, rental cars...So after wrangling with this faceless entity about which hotel I was allowed to stay at during a mission to Boise, Idaho, I finally got reservations at the HIE...or so I thought. I had stayed at this hotel last year. It's convenient to everywhere, and like most HIEs, very comfortable and low-key.
When I arrived at the hotel around mid-day, I presented myself to the front desk person, Alicia, who let me know that I wasn't listed as having a reservation, and that there were no rooms available. "Damn DTS!", I thought (well, might have uttered it out loud...) When I explained the challenges I had encountered with making a reservation at HIE, and added that my colleague on this mission was booked into this hotel, Alicia called the "full-sized" Holiday Inn, and sure enough, the DTS bozos had stuck me there. I asked Alicia if there was any way that I could stay at the HIE instead, given that my partner would be here, and we would be working together pretty much from dawn to late evening anyway, Alicia figured out a way to make that happen, and coordinated with the sister hotel to transfer my reservation to HIE. That was hugely awesome, as it made the week go so much more efficiently!
Okay, aside from "Awesome Alicia", why should YOU stay at the HIE Boise? First of all, the rest of the staff, from housekeeping to the management, are friendly, efficient, and above all, highly competent. The place runs like a Rolex watch. My bed on the 3rd floor was very comfortable, and I appreciated having a range of pillows with the pillowcases embroidered with their degree of firmness. Despite facing the arterial, my room was quiet 24/7. There were plenty of outlets for my basic load of electronics, including 2 laptops, several phone chargers, and a printer. The wi-fi service was very fast and reliable, which was a huge benefit for someone who has to write up investigation reports online for hours at a time.
While this HIE doesn't have an onsite workout facility, they have something even better: A partnership with a full-size gym located a couple blocks away. You just have to sign out an electronic key card from the front desk, (at which time you'll get a bottle of water and a small towel...nice touch!), head to the gym, and "get your sweat on." It's a decent facility, with top of the line equipment.
There's an indoor pool and hot tub, neither of which I used, but appeared to be clean and well-maintained. Breakfast was standard HIE fare...nothing exceptional. There are a number of local restaurants that deliver to the HIE, including a Jimmie Johns sandwich shop, a Japanese place which offers authentic menu items like real Japanese-style curry, gyoza, noodles, plus the standard array of teriyaki options. There is a really great sushi place ("Raw") next to the gym. (Yeah, I know...great sushi in Boise, Idaho? You better believe it!) I don't believe that they deliver, but you gotta leave your room sometime, right?
Should I return to Boise, and I may well have to, I will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: I was in Room 304, which was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport? Share your experiences!