“I didn't have a good stay here.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Boise

You added Super 8 Boise to your Saves list
Super 8 Boise
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2773 Elder Street, I-84 Exit 53 at Vista Ave, Boise, ID 83705   |
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Novato, California
“I didn't have a good stay here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at this motel for a week for business and I left here disappointed. I booked it through Priceline on an express deal so it wasn't my choice...just what I got.
Like other reviewers stated, the rooms have an odd smell. It's not a dirty smell...just odd, from a faulty a/c unit.
The worst part of my stay was though was the noise. They were remodeling the rooms and they had a tile saw parked out in the hallway. It was used all day, every day; even on the weekend. It was impossible to take a nap during the day. I even took a video of a cup of water I had on the nightstand and if you saw it, you would have thought there was an earthquake.
Another problem I had with my stay was the fact that seemed annoyed that the construction workers couldn't work on my room. Two different times I had to go to the front desk and both times they said "Oh, you're the one in the room that hasn't been redone yet," hinting that they wanted me to move so they could get to it. I didn't move.
Another downside to this motel is the breakfast area is really small and crowded.
The positives here are the the breakfast is actually pretty decent. Fridge and micro in the room. Good selection of TV channels. Laundry and vending machines. They have free airport pick up. Maid service was good. And the employees were friendly.
All in all, it's not a bad place; I just stayed here during a bad week. But I was annoyed enough that I won't come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

It is a massive building just off the motorway, conveniently close to the airport and Applebee's perhaps a few other eateries.
The room was clean and had microwave and a fridge but since it was at the back and we had to leave the window open we could here the motorway a bit but nothing major.
Our main issue was with the air conditioning unit. When we entered the room there was a horrendous smell which was simply shocking. We were trying to figure out where it was coming from but didn't take us long to discover the culprit was the air-con. It was left on so it is nice and cool for the guests but how could the cleaners not notice such horrible smell? We had to turn it off immediately.
With accumulated dust and being a humid environment inside the air con bacteria and spores clearly were responsible for the smell. We both feel under the weather since our stay at this motel. Other rooms may be ok but check the air con first!
Please give the air con unit a good clean out even replace the filter!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

First off I believe the positive reviews were posted by the hotel workers disguised as guests! This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever had the displeasure to stay in. My first room had dirty towels left on the sink, the bathroom had not been cleaned, the bedding was dirty, the comforter had who knows what on it, it was filthy! The rugs were gross, nothing had been wiped down so I complained and they switched us to a different room after waiting forever which the staff bungled that up too, but won't go into that situation . The room they switched us to appeared to be some what clean atleast the bedding looked clean, but upon leaving we found someones dirty clothes shoved under the bed skirting...gross! Also when we turned on the heater it started smoking and set off the smoke alarm! I would Never stay here again! Wouldnt wish this place on my worst enemy, do yourself a big favor and stay some where else!

• Stayed June 2014
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The desk staff both in the evening and in the morning were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and just what we needed for our overnight stay.I loved the pillows! The housekeeping lady was also very nice when I needed a few things from her. The waffles were awesome and my kids loved them. We also got %10 of at Applebees(right across the street) just for staying at this hotel ! My crew of 12 were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Boise? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Boise

Address: 2773 Elder Street, I-84 Exit 53 at Vista Ave, Boise, ID 83705
Location: United States > Idaho > Boise
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Boise 2*
Free SuperStart(R) Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Guest Laundry, MicroFridge(R), Hair Dryer and Coffee Maker in All Rooms, Children 17 & Under Stay Free with Adult Family Member, Free Airport Transportation, Park and Fly Program, Pet friendly.Exterior of building completely remodeled. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Boise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Boise Hotel Boise
Super Eight Boise
Boise Super 8
Boise Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Boise, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.