“Red Lion Boise - Downtown” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner

You added Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Fairview Ave., Boise, ID 83702 (Formerly Doubletree Boise Downtowner)   |
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Boise
“Red Lion Boise - Downtown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A/C in the room was lacking
Needs some sprucing up
Beds and Pillow were awful
There was a blood stain on my comforter
The restaurant and bar need to expand their menu
The waitress in the café and the bartender on Saturday night were both great
They need a sundries store

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you spent sharing your observations with us. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. The points you addressed are very understandable and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We will take action to correct the items you mentioned.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff in the restaurant and bar. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff working the night of your visit.
You mentioned that we should of a sundries store, we do have several sundry items and snack items on the bookshelves behind the front desk available for purchase.
Once again I apologize for the issues during your stay. If you would like to give us another try please contact me directly.

Ken Kester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Peculiar, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We got into Boise late & tired. So we were happy to have had a good nights sleep here the room was very nice clean and comfortable bed Staff was nice pleasant and courteous I wish we had more time to enjoy the pool And exercise room. Very reasonable with Priceline would stay again if in Idaho

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Ken Kester]
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Friends from Texas came to visit us so we decided to make our own stay-cation while they were here in Boise. We booked a room next to theirs on the 6th floor of the Red Lion Downtowner. On July 4th we got the evening started at Characters...the sports bar inside the hotel. Dinner was great and so was the service. TV's are everywhere so if you're into sports you won't miss any action. After dinner we went up to the room and sat on the balcony to watch the fireworks. Incredible show especially from the 6th floor. The next morning we headed straight to the pool. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful to our friends providing them with info about places they could visit downtown when we weren't around to lead the tour. Just a note to say thanks to the staff of the Red Lion for making our stay-cation one to remember and for showing our friends the best of Idaho hospitality

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower for a great view especially from the balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel.
Thank you for writing about your positive experience on Trip Advisor and recommend our hotels to others! We appreciate the support!
Milton Freewater, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Everything was great about this hotel except they only have one person in the bar to help you. He had to take food orders and deliver and make drinks. The bar was fairly busy and the bartender needed a waitress to help with service. The magnetic keycard opener on the pool door was broken so we had to walk around to the other side to get into the pool. They wouldn't pay someone overtime to come fix the opener. Not really a big deal though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

It was a great pleasure reading the thorough review you wrote about our property recently. The points you addressed are very understandable and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention.

Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice since my son and his wife moved to Boise. Very convenient to downtown and all Boise has to offer. Hotel is clean, staff pleasant, buffet breakfast is a good deal. The carpet is the hallways seems a tad worn but that would be my only complaint. I will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

highly value for money. check in was quick and efficient. we were also able to choose the which floor we would like the rooms to be. the driver doing the airport transfer was friendly and entertaining. breakfast variety could improve though. it gets boring after the third day

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Check in was friendly and efficient. The beds are still sooooooooooo comfy. I had trouble adjusting the temperature (not their fault I'm under 5 feet tall and can't see what I'm doing), so I called and they sent someone right up who showed me what to do and then set it himself to my specifications. Furniture and fixtures were in good repair and new. Wifi was so easy to use that my husband was even able to get himself online with no trouble! We had the Roaring Start breakfast (breakfast buffet for $5.99 per person). My kids had fruit, cereal & toast (although the cereal selection is, as usual, sparse and not chosen with children in mind!); my husband and I had scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes, all well-cooked and seasoned, and delicious. We actually visited the pool for the first time; I was surprised to see a mechanical device for lowering wheelchair-bound guests into the pool. The pool is quite small and was cooler than I prefer, but the spa was a dream!

My husband had to take the shuttle to work our second morning; the staff was helpful in making sure he got on OK--he's blind and would have had trouble knowing where the shuttle was waiting for him.

The dining room staff was great that morning; I was busy with my own and my son's breakfasts, and the gentleman in charge of restocking took the time to help my daughter retrieve her bagel from the toaster and get butter and other toppings for it.

Checkout was not as smooth; there was a good-sized conference moving in and there were only 2 people on the desk with people checking in and out all at once. I was in a hurry and ended up just having to drop my keys on the desk and run.

Room Tip: If you can get a tower room facing north, you should have a good view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and we’re delighted that you took the time to post this feedback.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner? Share your experiences!