“Older hotel but very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Riverside Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Riverside Hotel to your Saves list
The Riverside Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 W. Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID 83714 (Formerly Doubletree Hotel Boise - Riverside)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 56 hotels in Boise
Wichita, Kansas
“Older hotel but very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is an older hotel however it has been remodeled and is very nice. Rooms are updated with flat screens and new furnishings. My room was very quiet unlike some of the newer hotels whose walls shake every time someone shuts a door. The breakfast buffet was complimentary and was unbelievable. Omelet bar, waffles and everything else. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area is huge with nice chairs, umbrellas and bar service.

Room Tip: get a ground floor room with a patio. Nice to sit out in the lawn chairs
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. We have been working very hard for the last two years to make every stay better. We look forward to your next visit!

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff was so very helpful in getting us into our room a little early. Our Junior Suite was roomy, clean and smelled good (a must for me.) We loved the shower and large bathroom with two sinks. The current owners are updating the property, so some areas looked a little dated, but always clean.

We had a dip in the pool, were served some delicious drinks poolside and had a late lunch at The Sandbar Patio Bar & Grill (yummy.) There were quite a few folks who watched the football game in the Lobby Lounge and the game was also playing in The Sandbar. Live music in the evenings made it feel like a party happening at the pool.

The Sunday Brunch the following morning at The Riverside Grill was delicious. Tons of choices and I was pleasantly surprised that mimosas were included!

My husband and I spent our honeymoon night at The Riverside Hotel 23 years ago (under different name and ownership.) This visit was almost as much fun! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The bed and pillows were heavenly! Chocolate chip cookies were yummy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about The Riverside Hotel. Our Brunch is very popular and I love to hear how people have enjoyed it. Our pool is the largest all-saline pool in the State and I'm so glad you had a great time!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about the Riverside Hotel. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds were AWESOMELY comfy! The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013
A clean, comfortable room is at the heart of any great stay. I am so happy you enjoyed the Hotel so much. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your return visit.
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently attended the Spirit of Boise hot air balloon festival (which I highly recommend attending) and we were booked at this location by the festival group. Apparently the place has been through a couple of owners in recent years, so I heard mixed reviews about the place. Whatever the case the new owners are definitely headed in the right direction. The staff was super friendly and I just LOVE the location right along side of the Boise river. Which by the way is awesome as they have this trail called the Greenbelt which allows you simple access to the city within a reasonable walk or bike ride (you can rent bikes right on the property which was a cool feature.)

The pool was not extravagant but definitely a lively place to be plus there was ample seating and plenty of towels and food/beverage service. There's a great little outdoor restaurant called the Sandbar, which is located right between on the Greenbelt and the pool. Also you can walk to Joe's Crab Shack which is about a 50-100 yard walk depending on the location of your room.

I had a first floor room which had a sliding glass door that enabled very easy access to the pool. Now the one bad note was the sliding glass door, it was fairly difficult to open I think they need to drop a few bucks on repairs or new doors all together. Beyond the door issue the rest of the stay was awesome and I'd DEFINITELY stay there again! I also want to note outstanding service that was provided by Tamara (Front Desk), Jenny (Sand Bar) and the over night front desk clerk whose name escapes me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry you had a hard time with the sliding glass door in your room. Thanks for letting us know about this issue so it could be taken care of immediately. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your good comments. We look forward to your return visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for five days with my large dog, lab, and my kitty. Nice comfy room about 30 feet from the river and the Greenbelt pathway. A cute Tiki Bar/restaurant that my dog and I ate everyday! Great pool, jacuzzi, bike rentals and much more for families...more bars and restaurants in the hotel. Friendly staff, good room service.

Room Tip: River facing rooms. Pool rooms can be noisey, but good for kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I'm so glad you and your dog had a great time at our Hotel. I hope you had the chance to get a dog biscuit at the Sandbar. For your dog, I mean. :)
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely setting along the river, large rooms, beautiful pool area, and restaurants and bars on site; while a little dated and worn in places the setting, room size and amenities make up for it. A little tricky to find, esp. from downtown - watch the one-way streets! Overall, very nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms have fridges and coffee makers, which I didn't see on the room descriptions. Breakfast not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank for your comments. We have been working very hard on the Hotel for the last two years, and will continue to do so until you won't see any "worn" areas. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you see the improvements every time you visit.
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had our annual health convention at this hotel with beautiful settings and nice accommodations. When we arrived before check in, the staff willingly held our luggage in one of the back rooms. Our room was tastefully decorated, the beds comfortable and the deck off the room was refreshing. The pool was was very inviting and gave great relief from the heat.

The staff was very helpful when I lost some articles and said they would contact me if they were found (my company found them for me).

Main drawback - their property has is next to the Boise Greenbelt (a 25-mile paved recreation path) which is not maintained very well by the hotel staff. The grassy area needed to be clear of dog feces which did not make it very pleasant to walk in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I hope you had a good time at your annual convention. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the services we offer. I hope you will always choose The Riverside Hotel whenever you visit the area. Also, I forwarded your GreenBelt comments to the City.

Been to The Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!