“On the River- Great for Recreactional Activies” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Riverside Hotel

You added The Riverside Hotel to your Saves list
The Riverside Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 W. Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID 83714 (Formerly Doubletree Hotel Boise - Riverside)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Bellevue, Washington
“On the River- Great for Recreactional Activies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights on business and were pleased with the facilities. While it is definately an older hotel (carpeting needs to be replaced and interior decorating updated) it is a reasonably good value. Our business rate was $99 per night plus taxes, but we enjoyed the very clean pool and hot tub, nightly with almost no additional hotel guests. The businiess lounge is available using your room key with internet access, printing and a small, although not private, meeting area. There is a poolside pub with live music in the evening and a small restaurant off the lobby area. While we did not eat in either one, the food was reported to be good. There is only one elevator, which meant lugging bags up the stairs to our second floor room. I would suspect anyone with disabilities would be given a ground floor room.

The hotel's location for access to the highway for westbound travel to the local mall (approximately 1-2 miles away) is easy. Most interesting, however, is the access to the 35 mile paved river trail that sits between the hotel and the Boise River. Approximately 150 yards downstream is the city's newly constructed (June 2012) river recreation area, which allows for kayaking and body boarding on a man-made perpetual wave. Although we did not participate due to time, a local water sports shop rents gear within the park. Most of the people having fun were wearing wetsuits, but quite a few wore regular swimsuits. Regardless, we thought it was a unique feature of the area and a plus to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverview.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
COTTAGE GROVE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

quality hotel.we loved the saltwater pool (instead of over chlorination and the poolside bar service was very good

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed the pool and sandbar. Alas, both are now closed for the Winter. Come back and see us in Late Spring (or earlier if the weather turns) to enjoy both again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Riverside Hotel in Boise, ID is a wonderful place to stay. It used to be the Doubletree but was purchased by new owners and is so much better. The hotel sets right on a river with lovely grounds, pool, outside restaurant w/nightly entertainment. The rooms are oversized,
beautifully decorated and clean. My husband and I do road trips and this hotel has the best mattresses hands down. The breakfast is complimentary and you won't believe it. They have a chef who makes omelettes, a full breakfast bar and even home made doughnuts with chocolate or maple sauce that are delicious. The manager, Kristen was so pleasant, Cindy was the best waitress and Joe and Jamie at the front desk were so helpful. Dinner at the hotel's restaurant is excellent, full bar. Nice when you get in late and tired from driving.
Deborah & Roy Sheckells
Loyal customers forever

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side w/balcony are great.
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear the names of my employees who are doing such a great job. I am so very happy these people and others went so far to make your stay so memorable. Thank you for such a great review. We look forward to your return visit!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Riverside over Labor Day weekend. I live in Boise, but needed a vacation! I really felt I "got away from it all" even in the same city! The hotel is right by the river and the beautiful Boise greenbelt. My highlights were the breakfast buffet (waffles, omelettes, fruit, bacon, scrambled eggs and more) and the relaxing SandBar restaurant right on the greenbelt. I was able to bring my dogs into the restaurant. They were provided with a homemade treat! The Sandbar also offered live music. I'll stay there again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view (a little more expensive but worth it!)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I'm so glad we were able to help you get away from it all. Feel free to stop by anytime whenever you need that little escape. I'm happy you got our house-made dog treats. I'm told they are perfectly edible for humans too, but I haven't tried them yet. Woof!
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I traveled to this hotel for business. I caught the hotel's shuttle to & from the airport, and the driver was quite friendly & willing to share about local attractions. The hotel is a little far for walking distance to downtown (although if you are up for a long walk and the temperature is not in the 100+ range as it was for me, there is a wonderful path to take you there), but the hotel will shuttle you there. The hotel is fairly large (I had to consult my map several times after checking in to get from the front desk area to my room!). On the plus side, that long, winding walk, took me to a room with a view of the river (definitely ask for one of these!).

The room itself was quite comfortable, if somewhat dated. Everything was clean. The shower/tub did not drain very well, and not all of the electrical outlets seemed to work (I ended up unplugging a lamp to plug in my laptop). In the evening the room was a little dim, even with all of the lamps turned on (perhaps missing the one I unplugged...). But during the daytime the room received plenty of light and I felt very comfortable there.

The hotel has a couple of on-site places to eat, if a bit on the pricey side. There also was not much in the way of vending machines, and no continental breakfast...

All in all an OK stay. The staff was friendly & very helpful. Even so, not sure I'd pick this one again...

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with a river view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such an in-depth review. Our Hotel sits on 14 lush acres of grounds and we fill those acres! I even get lost myself sometimes. We have been working very diligently all year long on renovating the guestrooms and public spaces, and we're not done yet. I hope you choose us again whenever you are in town.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

After a long 12-hour drive, this was a very comfortable, quiet, clean hotel on a multi-day road trip.

Breakfast buffet was absolutely outstanding! Made to order omelettes plus lots of fresh fruit and loads of other options.

Also appreciated the free wifi--why all hotels don't offer this is beyond me!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Everybody loves free Wi-Fi! I'm happy you enjoyed our Hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we all look forward to your next visit!

Been to The Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!