“Will never stay here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Riverside Hotel

You added The Riverside Hotel to your Saves list
The Riverside Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 W. Chinden Blvd., Boise, ID 83714 (Formerly Doubletree Hotel Boise - Riverside)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 55 Hotels in Boise
“Will never stay here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night and left. Turned on the air because it was hit and gray-black crud flew out the vent and all over the bed. I ignored that at first and brushed the cruft off the bed and went on. Went to use the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush right, like it was backed up. Had to flush 2-3 times each use. There wAs also something splattered on the bathroom wall and ceiling. On top of that the faucet handles on The bathroom sink leaked all over the counter. Hotel staff did nothing about it.

Breakfast vouchers were included with our stay. When checking in we were told additional vouchers could be purchased for $5.00 each. However, when my wife went down to purchase them the next morning, they told her they would cost $11.50 each. When I talked to the front desk staff to straighten it out, suddenly the story was that we had a discounted room that didn't include those amenities. When I pointed out that I paid full fare regardless of who I made the reservations through, they backed down and charged us the originally stated $5.00 price. Of course it then took the restaurant over a half hour to seat us.

I expressed my dissatisfaction upon checkout and that I didn't feel we had gotten out money's worth. They said thanks and charged my card full price anyway.

We will not be staying there again On our subsequent stay in Boise we stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was a worlds better experience.

• Stayed August 2012
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I'm terrible sorry you had maintenance issues while you were with us and I'm sorry there was a miscommunication about the qualifying rate for breakfast. I would like to speak to you further regarding this stay. Please contact me directly at derek.mcelroy@riversideboise.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean and neat hotel with friendly staff. Our room had just been updated and was very tasteful.
The room was very spacious. Best cooked to order breakfast I have had at a hotel. Very large nice pool and outdoor restaurant sitting out along the Boise River. Would definately stay at the Riverside Hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a poolside room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm so happy you enjoyed our Hotel and our staff! We have been working very hard this year to improve our service and accommodations. I'm so very glad our efforts paid off with your satisfaction.
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We originally were going to stay one night and ended up staying two nights. Kids had a blast. Pool area is very open and nice. Restaurant on the river had a great setting, and we could order food right there. After enjoying the Breakfast Buffet and then hitting the pool, my 6 yr old son said, "Best Hotel Day Ever!!"

Room Tip: For our family, was nice to have a room with close access to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
You just simply can't get higher praise than "Best Hotel Day Ever!" I am so happy that you and your family (especially your 6-yr old son) enjoyed our Hotel facilities so much. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you come back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here was while passing through town. We wish we could have spent more time because the room was spacious, clean and the hotel was in a great location! My children enjoyed the pool and a bath in the large jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed August 2012
It's so great we were able to exceed your expectations. Our rooms are indeed spacious and those extra-large tubs are perfect for kid's bathtime adventures. I hope your next visit can be longer!
Weiser, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked the honeymoon suite here for our 10th anniversary. After reading previous posts I asked when booking the room that it be renovated. I was assured it was. Well is wasn't. The drapes were broken, the jetted tub in the room was cracked, the cabinet the TV was in was broken and the TV was old. There were even hairs in the telephone cord. I was also told it was a nonsmoking room and I am sure it was not. It really smelled bad. I really wanted this to be special for us. I called the front desk to see what went wrong and was told that was it. We had friends staying in a riverfront room and it was great. Newly renovated and beautiful. The amenites are great. The pool and bar by the bar are great. The location is wonderful. I wrote to the General Manager and we will see what he says. I would recommend it just be careful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
It was a pleasure speaking with you today. I'm so sorry about the misunderstanding about that particular suite being renovated. Thank you for agreeing to give us another chance.
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently took a trip and stayed in many hotels, including Bally's in Las Vegas. This hotel was the best of all of them. We arrived at about 9:40 pm, later than we had originally thought. We had not stopped for a meal, choosing to snack in the car because we had so many miles to go. Attached to the lobby is a restaurant. When we asked what time it stayed open to, the desk clerk informed us that it closed at 10:00 pm, but that we could head over after check-in anyway. Not only that, but when we were checked in and ready to turn around they handed us fresh baked cookies. So they kept the restaurant open, and not only did we eat very well, but my mother and sister both had cobb salads that were enormous. They also gave us tickets for the buffet in the morning. When we arrived we were quite pleasantly surprised to find the best breakfast we had had the entire trip. There was a chef making made-to-order omelets with many different ingredients. They had dip your own doughnuts, home fries, baked potato skins with scrambled eggs and cheese on them, bacon, sausage, lots of fruit, cereal, all sorts of items. It was hard to take it all in. I think we were overwhelmed it was so nice. We left shortly after breakfast, after taking a short stroll by the river. I wanted to spend more time at this hotel, and my husband and I are considering going back and staying in the same style suite, which was a king jr. suite, I believe, which has a whirlpool tub in it. My husband and I are thinking of taking a vacation just to this hotel and having a long overdue "honeyoon". It was fabulous, and the least hassle out of all of our reservations. Now I will be honest and say that the tub was obviously not new, but out of all of our hotel stays, they were the most friendly and treated us like a welcome friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I, too, would rather stay at The Riverside Hotel than at Bally's, but I'm biased. It is truly good to hear when our staff goes above and beyond to make our guests happy. Also, our Breakfast Buffet is the perfect start to everyone's day (including mine most days).
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Hotel has great location near downtown Boise. Restaurant has good food, but is a little slow on traffic. Restaurants in the local area are good and close for walking. The swimming pool is nice and they have an adequete gym.

As for the staff, they were all great, but of special assistance, thank you to Morgan and Katie at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We have been working very hard this year to improve the service and accommodations for the Hotel and will continue to do so. Thank you for choosing our Hotel and please come back to see us soon!

Been to The Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!