“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   475 W. Parkcenter Boulevard, Boise, ID 83706-6501 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Boise Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Billings
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The employees were all very kind and prompt in taking care of me. Breakfast was great...Very nice for a continental. I needed uninterrupted wifi for my job and had no problems there. I will definitely stay again when I am in town. Great job!!!!

Stayed July 2014
rob s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your review! We're always happy to hear that we provided a great stay and great service. - Jason, sales coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business nearby. Some of the staff members I encountered were really nice (Jason, Chris, Jackie) and others had no clue about customer service. I had problems with the air conditioning unit in my room as it leaked water and soaked a 3 foot area of the carpeting near it. When I called the front desk to report the problem I was told that I must have the thermostat set too low and when I replied that it was set at 72, the clerk then said he could probably move me if I wanted to do that, but offered no apology. The wake-up call function did not work on the phone in my room, so I called the front desk three times to set calls. Every morning the wake up calls came late -- 20 minutes late one morning and 10 minutes late the two other mornings. I think it is acceptable to get a call within 5 minutes of your requested time, but 20 minutes can mean the difference between making a meeting or missing it if you're a business traveler. The breakfast buffet is pretty grim, especially the warm food items involving eggs which really didn't even look or taste like eggs. There is a decent choice for those wanting fruit and yoghurt. The lighting in the room had those blindingly bright fluorescent bulbs which made it seem sterile. The bed was very comfortable and having a choice between soft and firm pillows was really nice. I was there during some sort of golf tournament and so I think the hotel might have been filled to capacity which may have impacted customer service. I would not stay here again if I came to Boise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear MomRocco,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, air conditioning and the breakfast selection. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Newly Renovated Clean Quite in an Excellent Location.
Awsome Free Breakfast in a Spacious well appointed Common Area.
Will be first choice on my next trip to or thru Boise.
Close to some great Resturants and Walking Park.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing and recommending our hotel! We're glad we were able to provide a great stay for you. - Jason, sales coordinator
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped here on our way from moving my entire house (and cat) from WA to TX. We had cheked out hotels online in the area and this one stood out because of the price, location (we wanted to check out the Boise Ale Trail while we were in town) and their pet policy. It stated $10 per pet, per night. Upon checkin, we were informed that the pet policy only applied to dogs. The front desk associate was very apologetic and attempted to call boarding houses around the city for us, but it would have been nice to know that they cater only to canines. We had no problems of the sort in any of the other hotels we stayed in along the trip.

Other than that snafu, the hotel itself was very clean and well-maintained. It was in a decent location and parking was free. The free breakfast was also enjoyable. I would stay here again (as long as I didn't have a pet with me).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The IHG website has updated our pet policy, but we do apologize for the lack of clarity beforehand. Hopefully we will see you again in the future! - Jason, sales coordinator
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Check to make sure that their Internet access is working. Apparently, they have antiquated wiring systems and all guests I were completely without (wired of wireless) access for hand entire 2-day stay. Not at all acceptable for a business traveler. Wi-Fi is not a complicated technology, and should be easily remedied if it is down. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
I am sorry about our Internet service problems. This is an issue that has been fixed since, with a new provider; however, the fact that it was out of service at all is understandably very disappointing. We hope to have another chance in the future to give you a better stay. Thank you for your review! - Jason, sales coordinator
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Someone said this was originally an office building. Probably true. Plenty of parking and five minutes from downtown. Free WiFi and breakfast. The hotel looked brand new, nice contemporary decor large guest lounge, separate media room. It seemed it was designed to make travelers feel at home. Excellent room, well furnished and great beds and a good nights sleep. This was one of the best hotels we stayed at on a 15 night trip out of fifteen hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We're glad we were able to provide a great stay for you, and happy to hear that you liked the renovations the hotel had done. - Jason, sales coordinator
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week during a recent (June) conference. The first thing that was apparent was the hotel places a priority on cleanliness. I can't think of one time where I was in a common area where a member of the staff wasn't cleaning something or emptying trash or restocking coffee or tea for guests. The room (409) was also quite clean and nicely furnished. I was not able to use the coffeemaker in the room to warm water for tea due to an orange substance being in my cup when the water was dispensed. I could never get it to run clean and this is my ONLY criticism of the hotel from my week long stay.

Each staff member, from Jason at the front desk to the ladies in the breakfast common area, who I encountered was very pleasant and friendly. They genuinely seemed to want to help their guests.

As others have mentioned, the hotel is not centered in the downtown area. If you are looking for a hotel that is a short walk to the capitol building, this is one is not for you. It is, however, perfectly placed for those people (like me) who wold prefer to avoid the traffic common to a downtown venue. The hotel is situated directly across the street from an entrance to the Greenbelt which connects most of the more popular areas. You should anticipate about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk to get to the main area of restaurants downtown. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We definitely have emphasized cleanliness and are happy to hear that it was a strong point during your stay. Hopefully we will see you again in the future. - Jason, sales coordinator

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area? Share your experiences!