“Handy location” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #29 of 55 Hotels in Boise
“Handy location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel has a pleasant lobby and courtyard. Our room overlooked the courtyard. The bed was comfortable but the room was a little small. Parking is free and welcome when you are this close to downtown. We could walk to the river, Julia Davis park and to Boise State. It was a short drive to old Boise and all the great restaurants. The bistro in the hotel was overpriced so we had nothing to eat or drink there. We also missed some tourist amenities like brochures of activities in/around Boise, a TV guide for the TV in the room, an available copy of USA Today.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. Makes for a quiet and peaceful view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

we got a price line room, and paid 2 times what we normally do, but needed a room. we were very surprised at how nice it was this time, and yes, the rooms were remodeled..janelle was so kind to give us an upper room and 2 beds. she was very accommodating and we really appreciated her help. would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed one night at this Courtyard, which solidified my good experience with the chain. Our room was newly remodeled and tastefully decorated. The room looked out into the courtyard, which had a burning outdoor firepit and nice seating. The door to the courtyard did not open though, not sure if this was purposeful or just broken in our room. Amennities: Flat screen tv, free wifi, coffee maker (I do love my coffee), fridge, and Paul Mitchell toiletries.
The lobby of the hotel has a mini mart and a bar/ restaurant. However, dining options abound near by, from fast food, to a Thai restaurant, a brewery and a Whole Foods.
The hotel is located within walking distance to Julia Davis park and Boise State.
If I make it back to Boise, I will return to this Courtyard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Able to walk to the Taco Bell Arena on Boise State campus. Whole Foods and Walgreens close by. Room had balcony overlooking courtyard. Refrigerator in room. Microwave available in vending area. Bar in lobby. Easy free parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent two nights here utilizing several rooms as a family there for the wedding of a nephew. The staff was very accommodating to us all and gave us an excellent Wedding Rate. The foyer was very pleasant with televisions in convenient locations, a restaurant right there for use. Computer stations right up front with printers, free wi-fi, comfortable beds, very clean. I would stay there again any time were in Boise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EGLIN AFB, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott Boise Downtown is in a great location. It is within access of Idaho State, Boise State and Julia Davis Park. The staff is friendly and available. The room looked clean. I hate to nit pick but that is what a review is all about.

I moved the ottoman in my suite and someone had left a pair of shoes behind. The desk in the suite was beat up due to the armrest of the chair not fitting the desk. The beds were so-so but then that is just personal preference and I have a hard time sleeping whenever I'm not in my own bed. The indoor pool was so foul with chlorine that I could barely tolerate being in the enclosed space. The spa was foamy which meant it needed a cleaning. The exercise room across the hall from the pool smelled just as bad as the pool area. I don't know if they were pumping it in through the vents (joking) but it smelled really strong.

We prepaid for breakfast which my hubby really enjoyed especially the home fries. The food was good and served in a timely fashion. They provided a daily paper which was also nice. My daughter liked the touchscreen information TV next to the check-in desk. You can check the weather for major cities and print out directions of places to go and things to do. There is also a media center with three computers which I did not use and there was a kiosk to print boarding passes in the main lobby.

In all likelihood, I'd probably stay somewhere else on my next visit just to compare other hotels at that price point.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and I could here the people above us. You might wanna go higher if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very dissapointing in today's day and age to check into a hotel only to find out later that the internet is not working. Initially was told it was a temporary issue that was being worked on, but after another 4 hours another desk clerk shared it was going to take a long time to resolve. Was told "our internet was hacked and so we are working on getting a new IP address. It's been a week so far and we are told getting it fixed is still in phase I and so it's going to be at least a couple of days". When traveling for business it is VITAL to have internet access. Had I been told upon check-in I would have stayed somewhere else. Very dissapointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boise Downtown? Share your experiences!