“Great for late night arrivals!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #23 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great for late night arrivals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our flight got in at 11pm and my travel companion gets motion sick on flights, so spending the night close to the airport was a must. I made the reservation online via Best Western's website on the same day we would be arriving and the cancellation policy was extremely flexible- cancel before 6pm for a full refund, not that I was expecting to need to cancel. However, upon arriving at the airport I was worried we weren't going to make it to Boise since United had a 2 hr system outage grounding all flights. I called the hotel to see what availability was for the night and if I should cancel my reservation. They said there were only a few rooms left and suggested I keep my reservation and that if I needed to cancel beyond 6pm that would be fine. Alas we made it to Boise and I called the hotel to see if the courtesy shuttles were still running. They were and it was already waiting outside the airport. Friendly staff checked us in to our room, which was exactly as described online and very clean and nice. We tried to order some late night from Dominos which was advertised in the room as "open late"- well I guess midnight for Boise is too late haha. Didn't want the 24hr Denny's across the street, but the front desk staff was kind enough to give me some cereal for my friend who wasn't feeling well. In the morning we had a delicious breakfast in the lobby, which had extensive options- fresh waffles, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, oatmeal, juice, milk, tea, coffee ect. There was a pool, hot tub, and fitness center on site and they sold cute postcards in the lobby. The normal checkout time is 1pm, which is what most other hotels would consider "late" checkout. Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The location of this hotel is great, right next to the airport and easy to get on the highway. The rooms are nothing special but they are comfortable, the beds were medium firmness, and served their purpose. We had an interior room but some rooms have an exterior entrance. Never seen a hotel with this type of layout. We used the jacuzzi every day, which was nice after a day of hiking. Both the pool and jacuzzi are indoors. The breakfast was eggs, egg whites, waffles, cereal, coffee, yogurt, sausage..a good selection to start the day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The wifi connection was strong and quick. We would stay here again but would request an interior room.

Room Tip: Request an interior room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is literally walking distance to the airport ( i did it in 12 mins.). Upon walking into the lobby, you'll find that it's also the interior corridor for a 2 story hotel , with lots of light, plants and stuffed comfy chairs ( It was unique enough to make me take pictures). At the far end of the lobby is the enclosed pool, hot tub and exercise room. ( The up stairs walkway can double as a walking track). As for meal choices you have a Denny's across the the street at (and get this, at ANOTHER Best Western ). On this property ( 50 FT from the north door), is a "Kopper Kettle Bar and Grill" ( Never saw one in N Fl). Here there's a good selection of beer ( including a local IPA ) . The menu was varied and had "Senior Portions" ( for people like me who can't eat as much) .My room (#173), had a mini fridge and microwave. The only down side was a room smell I couldn't immediately identify but after 2 mins. no longer noticed. If I was redesigning this place, The ONLY thing I would change is either , attach the bar /grill to the building or have a enclosed walkway between the two.

Room Tip: North side rooms are away from the airport, ( but I LIKE airports)!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

For a BEST WESTERN this location gets a 5 star rating that is true. Usually the commerical chain hotels that you see on commercials (Motel 6 for example) don't really live up to the standards but with this BEST WESTERN it was great.

Location. The location is great! The hotel location is literally 2 minutes from the airport rental car area. You can walk to the airport if you wanted too, that's how close it is. The hotel is right off the freeway and about a 5-8 minute drive to downtown Boise. So overall the location is perfect for me.

Property. After pulling up to the hotel I noticed that it was really clean looking from the outside. As my wife and I walked into the hotel to check in, I noticed that there was an atrium area that ran from the entrance way all the way to the back leading to the pool area and the hotel had rooms inside which was great! My wife and I were given an "outside" room that faced the airport. Other reviews said that the airplane noise bothered them but I live near the San Francisco International Airport and planes fly over my house all the time so to me it was nothing. Yes, I heard planes every once in a while but it didn't bother me a bit.

The pool was nice and clean and also it was indoor! That's a big plus for having an indoor pool and also the workout area was nice and clean.

Room Review. If anyone wants to our room ask for room 171! It was an 'outside" room but tucked away in the back corner. A solo queen size bed that was super comfortable. The pillows were soft and the bed was relaxing. The bathroom in this unit was really clean. Nice granite work on the walls and a shower that makes you feel clean and refreshed after being out in the 105 degree temperature outside.

The TV was a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall with a lot of channel options so we ended up watching a few movies on the movie channel late at night before we dozed off.

There is also a couch for visitors to sit on and a good size fridge. We stocked up on tons of water and gatorade because it was super hot in Idaho last week. So having the fridge was great.

Overall this was a great room and I will definitely ask for this room again if we return to Boise!

Food options. This hotel provides guests with a continental breakfast each morning. I had the scrambled eggs and sausage. Not bad. Not the best you'll have but it's do-able. Add some salt and pepper with a little tobasco to the eggs and you're golden.

My wife LOVED the fresh baked cookies each night with a glass of milk. Now that we are back home she still talks about the fresh baked cookies and milk.

If you don't want to eat at the hotel there are dining options around the hotel. McD's if you want to get some pink goo chicken nuggets, there's a restaurant right out front called "Kopper Kitchen" that you can eat at too. We ended up eating at the Westside Drive Inn, in Boise becasue my wife saw it on Guy Fieri's show on FoodTV so that was cool

Service. Great service. Everyone always had a smile on their face. You get constant greetings from the employees working at the front desk so that was always a great way to start your day.

Other than that...this is definitely a 5 star location for a chain hotel. No doubt about it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
West Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Service is over the top from staff. Rooms great. Pool great. Breakfast great. You won't be disappointed. No elevators so make sure you get a first floor room if lugging your things is a issue. There are both in and out corridor rooms so also check to make sure you are where you want to be. 2 min to airport doir

• Stayed June 2012
South Weber, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

After pulling into the wrong Best Western, which is right across the street interestingly we got our room which we had reserved. I was unhappy with the fact that our "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke, however the staff was very accommodating and promptly helped us get a different room. The hotel is nice, clean, and more up to date than the one across the street. The shower was all new and updated. The room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was a fulfilling continental breakfast and had many options including waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, juices, eggs & sausage links. It is right next to the airport, so you will hear some airplanes.

I would most likely pick to stay here again, assuming prices stay constant.

Room Tip: Upper level East rooms facing the exterior are quietest. Pool was very nice but busy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

The inside doors to room had no seal and you could hear everything that went on outside your door. Guy on the guest computer was allowed to watch movies outside our door till almost midnight guests walked sound almost all night and we could great then talking= horrible nights sleep

• Stayed June 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Vista Inn At The Airport? Share your experiences!