“Wait...they actually care?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Wait...they actually care?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stunning commitment to quality. Well done! Very comfy beds. I slept better than I really thought possible. Good stuff. Stayed in Candlewoods in Boise and Cheyenne. I was well taken care of both times. My cats were happy as well.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The manager Krystal Aguilar, Jenna and Emily were amazing! I just got off a month long road trip and this hotel was by far the friendliest. I will definitely be coming back! I sincerely recommend this hotel not only because their rooms are great but because their service is the best.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

(Sorry for the delay in submitting this review.) August 2013 was fairly traumatic in our family!
_________________________________________________________________________

After a week of triple digit temps (unusual for Idaho!), our home A/C bit the bullet as did many here in the Treasure Valley. Our son, his wife, a 4 year-old and a 6 month-old were visiting us, so it couldn't have happened at a worse time!

After spending two nights & days without A/C, I searched high & low and finally found two adjoining rooms at the Boise Candlewood Suites. Even with my military discount, it was going to be right at $1,000 for a week for the whole family. Ouch! But, I was NOT going to subject the little kids, or us older kids to 5 more days of 100+ temps and no air conditioning, no matter what the cost!

Once we were all settled in our respective rooms (which entailed about as much logistical planning and coordinating as Napoleon invading Russia!) I finally had a chance to check out the property. I was pleasantly surprised at the over-all cleanliness, the comfort and the attention to small details which often distinguish the Good from the Great properties. There's even a small store for basic necessities and snacks in the lobby (and it's on the Honor System!).The only less than stellar observation I made was that the breakfast menu could have been expanded, but that was just a minor issue.

Not only was the entire facility sparkling clean and updated, each & every staff person I encountered had a smile, a pleasant 'Hello' and asked how they could help me today. Can't beat that!

While chatting with the desk clerk during our stay, she discovered I was getting treatment for lymphoma at one of the medical centers here in Boise. Wow! Little did I know the Candlewood had an affiliation with said medical system and anyone receiving treatment from them received a significant reduction in room rates while at Candlewood. This also applied to any related family members concurrently staying.

Needless to say, I was tickled about the better rate, especially since I was told the repair charge for our A/C system was around $2,000. (Retired military folks just don't make THAT much money!!).

As the days wore on, I became more & more thankful for the property AND the staff at Candlewood. No question went unanswered, no request went unfilled, no matter how trivial, and the service continued to be stellar.

Finally, after 7 days of enjoying the comfort, quiet and staff at Candlewood, we were back to our own house with a repaired air conditioning system. If I ever have a similar catastrophe in the future I absolutely would not hesitate to stay with Candlewood.

If you're traveling through, make the effort to contact them for a room. They just can't be beat in Boise!

Room Tip: Back side of the building is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

May 2, 2014, my mom and I traveled to Boise, Idaho. We found a room near where we wanted to be at Candlewood Suites Boise Town Square, Boise Idaho. Candlewood Suites, for short :-) it is on Cole Avenue near the Boise Town Center Mall.

We did not have a reservation and they didn't have any rooms with two beds left, but they did put us in a King room. Not that we needed it or used it, but oddly, it had a full kitchen (full-size fridge/freezer, dishwasher, sink, cupboards, stove and supplies as well as microwave and coffee maker)...way more than we needed for a quick overnight stay. I believe it cost around $100 plus tax/fees.

Our room was on the ground floor and was really very spacious. Even the bathroom was large. I would have to say that the bed was in need of a new mattress as it had deep body impressions and made me really sore the next day.

There is a thermostat on the wall which is an improvement over some, but it is still connected to that super loud unit under the window. God Almighty, why are those things so loud!? While it was running, it was a bit too cool, and before it turned on again it was getting hot. With it running you can't hear the television at all. Again, I ask...why the heck are those units so loud?? It kept waking me up.

We did have free Wi-Fi, with a slow start because they gave me the wrong code to start with.

We did not partake of the continental breakfast because typically they don't have any protein to speak of, so we went to IHOP which was nearby.

If you have polite and courteous neighbors, you will sleep well, and if not, you'll hear them. I could hear it if someone coughed in the hall. We were lucky and must have had quiet neighbors.

The staff could not have been nicer if they tried. There was a young man and a young woman on duty and they helped us with directions (and repeated them until we understood). They really were super. Good customer service makes everything go better, don't you think? They rocked.

This location literally is within EASY walking distance of the mall. If we had the occasion, we would certainly consider staying here again. I had never even heard of them before we found them.

They also have this nifty patio area with gas BBQ's for guest use. I've never seen that perk before either. There were people using it too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boise, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Cherthejoy,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is only my second time staying at this hotel, but this is one of the few hotels that I actually look forward to staying in. I've always been a huge fan of the "long-term stay" hotels for all of the amenities, and this one doesn't disappoint.

The staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. The last time I was here, as a Platinum Member, I was upgraded. I was not this time, as I requested a top floor room, but the room was still great.

The room itself, includes a full kitchen (but no oven). There are two stove top burners, a microwave and a full sized refrigerator (with freezer). The sink even has a garbage disposal. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. In this particular room, the bedroom was not separate from the living area, but they do have suites and they are quite nice.

This is also one of the only Candlewood Suites I've stayed in that offered breakfast. The selection wasn't that great, but you could get fruit, cereal, pastries, etc. Still, it is little things like that that make this one better than the rest.

The hotel fitness room is pretty nice. They have the usual cardio equipment, a rack of dumbbells (up to 40 lbs I think) and a combo machine. The laundry room is also in the fitness room where they offer FREE laundry. I think there were 3 washing machines and 4 dryers.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to others. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great hotel!!! We were here while our family home was being repaired. We have used this hotel for facilitators, clinicians for workshops we conduct every February. It is very clean and appreciate the very attentive staff. You will want for nothing at this property. The lobby is cozy and clean. There is a store within the hotel for your needs, wants and desires is perfect. The rooms are spacious and clean. Full kitchen for everything. Beds sleep wonderfully. We stayed for one week and whenever needed will stay there again. There are shops, stores, movie theaters nearby. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This place will be our Boise home. The room was clean and comfy, the kitchen had everything we needed, and the staff was super nice. There was a mix-up with our reservation (I was not a happy camper at check-in), but Jordan handled it beautifully and made everything right. My kids especially liked the DVD library. I appreciated the free laundry. We'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Boise? Share your experiences!