“Clean property, friendly, informative staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Crystal Beach, FL
“Clean property, friendly, informative staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Easy to find and very conveniently located. We were not far from downtown or the World Center Birds of Prey attraction. Many good restaurants located nearby. The room was clean however whatever supplies they use for cleaning are a bit overpowering. The staff was courteous and friendly when we asked about restaurant recommendations. We ended up having an extra day in Boise due to a schedule change in my hubbys meeting so we asked about something to do. They recommended going to Idaho City for gold panning which was loads of fun! The property was very clean and the landscaping was lovely.

Must note that this is really an extended stay that does not have daily maid service. When we asked for additional towels we received them promptly. There is no restaurant adjacent to the property but we recommend Goodwood Barbecue. (I've written a review about that too!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Booked a room with 2 beds online. Once I got to check-in I was told the booking service doesn't actually check to see if that type of room is available - which it wasn't - so I was given an "upgrade" to one of their best suites with a separate bedroom and a pull out couch in the living area. Cheesy and filthy does not even begin to describe this dump. The carpeted baseboards haven't been vacuumed in a decade. The pull out couch was stained with food and the mattress was lumpy and old and completely unusable. The bedroom has no room darkening drapes or shades, just a faux drape panel that does not close and a set of flimsy sheers. If it hadn't been 10 pm and if I hadn't been driving all day I would have run screaming from this place, but it was a quick overnight then back on the road again. The free breakfast is the WORST I have ever seen in a hotel. Apples the size of apricots. Gross cheap pastries. Everything about this place is cheap cheap cheap. Sorry, but at $75 a room you are overcharging. Try $35.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CWSBoise, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Boise, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced from our hotel during your recent stay. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We accommodate many guests each day, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each guest at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, and what we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. We are a newer property and have been opened since September 2007. We are currently in the process of upgrading all the bedding and bath linens. Candlewood Suites is part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group brand. Therefore, we are under strict cleaning guidelines and required to pass every unannounced inspection to operate.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you properly during your next visit to Boise!

Crystal Aguilar
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Have stayed in lots of hotels and never wanted to review one until now. This hotel was very impressive. The price, the staff, the cleanliness, and the rooms were outstanding. My wife and I are very health-conscious and this hotel allowed us to stay on track while on the road. They have full size kitchens so we could cook our own food without having to eat out. The gym was great and it had free weights which is something I always look for. Highly recommend this hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I believe this location has hit a "home run". I prefer Candlewood Suites to Holiday Inn Express, but stay at the Holiday Inn Expesses because of the morning breakfast. This Candlewood Suites offered a small breakfast and will have my business in the future when I am in the area.
This is something very positive for traveling salespeople. My vote is to expand this to all Candlewood Suite locations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Am on a extended cross country road trip.I stayed here for a month so the kitchen and full size fridge was great. The management,front desk,and housekeeping were exceptional. They are all so welcoming and friendly that it was difficult to leave Boise. I like the location as it is about mid way between downtown Boise and Meridian/ Eagle with easy access to the highways.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had occasion to stay at the Candlewood in Boise, Idaho twice this summer, in late June and again in July, as part of the process of purchasing a home in Idaho. We prefer in staying in hotels that cater to longer stays, as we find the kitchenette feature useful and don't get hung up on not having daily linen service. The Candlewood compares well to others we have used. Perhaps not all the amenities (e.g., no on-site restaurant and no pool) but also priced a bit lower. We have stayed on both the street side and the back side of the property and found the rooms consistently quiet. The continental breakfast is not expansive but serviceable. While there's no on-site restaurant, the Boise Mall is across the street. Average fitness room. The location proved good, with good access to I-84, I-184, and major arterials. Staff were all very helpful, professional and curteous.

Port Angeles, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Got here via a hotel bid-system online, not knowing anything about it, but it turned out great. VERY conveniently located, right behind THE Boise Mall. You could walk to the Mall but you'd be crossing about five lanes of traffic...don't play Frogger, take your car. Check in was super easy and we were told about the free DVD rentals. That's right, they have DVD players in each room and they loan (no cost) DVD's out to watch. Now the selection is a little odd. Some old, some new, none you'd probably watch, but it's there. Next I was told about the on-site C-Store. That's right, they have a room set up like an on-site C-Store and you can (1) pay at the desk for your items or (2) put it on your room or (and I think I heard this right...) you can shove your money in a box (??) I checked it out the prices and selection weren't great, but if you're in a pinch, you could buy a pop and candy/chips. No pool but there is an exercise room. No ice machine on my floor so I had to tromp all the way down to the lobby to get ice. The room was great...and here's the BEST part...it's fully stocked by which I mean there is a FULL-SIZE fridge, a microwave, a stove, even a pantry area with dishes and utensils, pots, etc. WOW. If you're going to stay for a week this would be ONE OF THE BEST CHOICES IN BOISE. Bed was a little small. The air conditioner a tad loud, but I'm very old so it didn't bother me in the least. Tub/shower small but who cares. Clean. This is definitely a niche hotel. Want an apartment you can cook and stock up? This IS the place. Again, great location. Reasonable price and I heard this is one of TWO hotels you'll get if you do the biddin' thing online (I don't think I can say which) but it's for Central Boise...Nice place to take the family.

Room Tip: Bring your family and save BIG bucks by not eating out...you have a fully functional kitchen RIGHT I...