“Excellent downtown choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Loveland, Colorado
“Excellent downtown choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is clean and modern and within walking distance of anyplace downtown. An adjacent parking garage is reasonably priced ($10/day). The room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was better than average. And, overall, the hotel was an excellent value. Definitely one of the nicest Hamptons we've seen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If your idea of a Hampton Inn is the cookie-cutter establishment you'll find on many roadsides, prepare to have your conceptions challenged by this property. Since Hampton converted an old brick high-rise instead of building its own place in this location, it's much more charming than your average motel. Staff is friendly, and both times I've stayed there I've been moved into higher grade rooms because they had the room. This is the kind of thing that keeps a customer coming back. The common area in the hotel lobby is enormous and very well appointed. What it most has going for it though is the location, right downtown. It means having $10 added to your room fee for the parking garage, but under normal circumstances (meaning normal days or weekends when there's not some event going up, when Hampton has a tendency to jack up the prices) this is well worth paying since you can easily walk the center city, the greenbelt and to everything else Boise offers. As long as the prices are reasonable, I definitely recommend this place. If not, you'd do well by the Marriott Courtyard on South Broadway, which tends to keep their prices low nearly all the time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel had nice clean rooms and good breakfasts, but what made the trip most enjoyable was its location, We didn't need a car. We could walk everywhere. It was our first trip to Boise and we loved it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

After being on a very long road trip (14 days) we decided to stay the last two days in Boise. Hampton Inn was not the first choice due to some past disappointments but we thought we'd give them a second chance. We are very glad we did. We arrived late in the evening and were very tired after driving from Yellowstone. Cookies were waiting at the front desk which made our son very happy and the front desk staff were super friendly. We settled into our room which was nice and cool and very clean.

Dinner out in an unknown city can be hard but the front desk clerk gave us a map of all the local restaurants with some suggestions of staff picks. We settled for some great pizza and local football on the TV.

The beds were comfortable and our view was pretty good too. In the morning we awoke to about 30 hot air balloons lifting off. Breakfast was great. Omeletts, sausage, toast, muffins etc. Lots of seating was available which is often lacking in hotels offering breakfast.

Our over all stay was very relaxing. We will use Hampton Inn again during future travels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was such an unexpected surprise! Not only did we fall in love with Downtown Boise, we couldn't believe what a value and how well this hotel was run. The room & hotel was very clean, well maintained and well appointed. The fitness facility is small but gets the job done for working out while traveling. The breakfast was FANTASTIC! So many options. In a great location and walking distance to many great shops & restaurants. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First off I have to say, the staff are all so nice and helpful. The hotel couldn't be located in a better location. We walked to get everywhere we wanted to go in the city, and the city is so nice and clean. I read other reviewers who were unhappy about noise, but we didn't notice that at all. We are from the Seattle area so that's what we have to compare Boise to. We loved Boise.

Here's our review: We missed housekeeping the first day because we had gone back into our room for a few minutes to get ready for dinner and they had gone from the room before ours to the room right after ours in that time, so we missed our opportunity. But we asked for clean washcloths at the front desk for the next morning, which was not a problem. Later the next day when we did make the window of opportunity, our toilet paper and soap was not replenished by housekeeping, which I thought was unusual. But the staff happily brought it to us right away. And I mean right away! It was literally a few minutes and they were at our door. The quality of the toilet paper is not the best either, it's very thin. Also, an additional trash can in the toilet/shower area would be nice for us ladies. And an exhaust fan would be a huge plus in there for our husbands! I would prefer a door on the entire bathroom area to get ready in without my hubby sitting right there watching TV while I’m blow drying my hair and getting ready for the day. But these are just my personal preferences, not a reflection of the hotel.

When I pulled the night table out to use the plug for my phone charger, there was something sticky along the underside of the lip. Really sticky, as if someone had spilled soda or something and didn't wipe it up very good and the carpet felt a little tacky on my side of the bed as well. Clean is a big deal for me when I'm staying in a hotel. I can't emphasize this enough. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that I felt had been cleaned enough. But on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), I'd say The Hampton Inn is about a 7. Again, I realize this may just be me and my own personal issues, but it is what it is.

Anyway, the bed was very comfortable and I like that they put a clean duvet cover on everyone’s bed. That should be the standard procedure at every hotel! The breakfasts had plenty to choose from. The staff was very very friendly which is also a big deal to me. The helpful friendly staff more than makes up for any of my little issues. We would definitely stay at The Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: The King suite has an open bathroom sink area. I noticed in other pictures some bathrooms are all e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary by staying at a Downtown Boise hotel and enjoying all the fun activities within walking distance. The staff at the Hampton Inn was very helpful and friendly. When I made the reservation the receptionist asked if it was a special occassion. When we arrived there was an anniversary card in the room signed by numerous employees and some chocolates. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast in the morning was much more than a danish and juice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSHamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We do love a reason to celebrate around here! Thank you for making us part of your Anniversary Celebration. Sounds like a getaway that was not too far away was perfect.

Cheers to many more years!

Jennifer

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown? Share your experiences!