“Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 55 hotels in Boise
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel had nice clean rooms and good breakfasts, but what made the trip most enjoyable was its location, We didn't need a car. We could walk everywhere. It was our first trip to Boise and we loved it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

After being on a very long road trip (14 days) we decided to stay the last two days in Boise. Hampton Inn was not the first choice due to some past disappointments but we thought we'd give them a second chance. We are very glad we did. We arrived late in the evening and were very tired after driving from Yellowstone. Cookies were waiting at the front desk which made our son very happy and the front desk staff were super friendly. We settled into our room which was nice and cool and very clean.

Dinner out in an unknown city can be hard but the front desk clerk gave us a map of all the local restaurants with some suggestions of staff picks. We settled for some great pizza and local football on the TV.

The beds were comfortable and our view was pretty good too. In the morning we awoke to about 30 hot air balloons lifting off. Breakfast was great. Omeletts, sausage, toast, muffins etc. Lots of seating was available which is often lacking in hotels offering breakfast.

Our over all stay was very relaxing. We will use Hampton Inn again during future travels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was such an unexpected surprise! Not only did we fall in love with Downtown Boise, we couldn't believe what a value and how well this hotel was run. The room & hotel was very clean, well maintained and well appointed. The fitness facility is small but gets the job done for working out while traveling. The breakfast was FANTASTIC! So many options. In a great location and walking distance to many great shops & restaurants. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First off I have to say, the staff are all so nice and helpful. The hotel couldn't be located in a better location. We walked to get everywhere we wanted to go in the city, and the city is so nice and clean. I read other reviewers who were unhappy about noise, but we didn't notice that at all. We are from the Seattle area so that's what we have to compare Boise to. We loved Boise.

Here's our review: We missed housekeeping the first day because we had gone back into our room for a few minutes to get ready for dinner and they had gone from the room before ours to the room right after ours in that time, so we missed our opportunity. But we asked for clean washcloths at the front desk for the next morning, which was not a problem. Later the next day when we did make the window of opportunity, our toilet paper and soap was not replenished by housekeeping, which I thought was unusual. But the staff happily brought it to us right away. And I mean right away! It was literally a few minutes and they were at our door. The quality of the toilet paper is not the best either, it's very thin. Also, an additional trash can in the toilet/shower area would be nice for us ladies. And an exhaust fan would be a huge plus in there for our husbands! I would prefer a door on the entire bathroom area to get ready in without my hubby sitting right there watching TV while I’m blow drying my hair and getting ready for the day. But these are just my personal preferences, not a reflection of the hotel.

When I pulled the night table out to use the plug for my phone charger, there was something sticky along the underside of the lip. Really sticky, as if someone had spilled soda or something and didn't wipe it up very good and the carpet felt a little tacky on my side of the bed as well. Clean is a big deal for me when I'm staying in a hotel. I can't emphasize this enough. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that I felt had been cleaned enough. But on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), I'd say The Hampton Inn is about a 7. Again, I realize this may just be me and my own personal issues, but it is what it is.

Anyway, the bed was very comfortable and I like that they put a clean duvet cover on everyone’s bed. That should be the standard procedure at every hotel! The breakfasts had plenty to choose from. The staff was very very friendly which is also a big deal to me. The helpful friendly staff more than makes up for any of my little issues. We would definitely stay at The Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: The King suite has an open bathroom sink area. I noticed in other pictures some bathrooms are all e...
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary by staying at a Downtown Boise hotel and enjoying all the fun activities within walking distance. The staff at the Hampton Inn was very helpful and friendly. When I made the reservation the receptionist asked if it was a special occassion. When we arrived there was an anniversary card in the room signed by numerous employees and some chocolates. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast in the morning was much more than a danish and juice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSHamptonBoise, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
We do love a reason to celebrate around here! Thank you for making us part of your Anniversary Celebration. Sounds like a getaway that was not too far away was perfect.

Cheers to many more years!

Idaho, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is in a great location within an easy walk to shopping and a variety of restaurants and bars. The room was very clean and the room was a nice size. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning included pre-made omelets, yummy sausage, yogurt, whole fruit, cut up fruit, hot and cold cereal and many other items. It was more than enough.

One side of the hotel faces an alley which is very noisy (garbage pickup and people taking after going to bars). Make sure to ask for a room that's not on the alley and on a high floor.

The staff was very nice and overall a nice hotel. Just stay away from the noisy side.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ahhhh, breakfast. Mom always said it is the most important meal of the day. Sounds like we'd make her proud! You mentioned some of the favorites and the good news is the hot items rotate through the week so you can try something different.

I'm sorry that you experienced noise during your stay. I will check with our Operations Manager to make sure the garbage trucks are still putting us last on their route. The city requires them to be out of downtown by 7am and we try to be the last pick up on the couple of days they come through. I appreciate you sharing the feedback.

Thank you for staying with us - hope to see you 'HappyTravelers4ever' again soon!

Leominster MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very friendly staff, a clean/quiet room, and a great breakfast selection. This hotel was a nice introduction to the city of Boise. Was in town for a convention and got a very reasonable group rate on the room - so a tremendous value from my perspective. Can't comment on perceived value if getting a room at the standard rack rate, however.

Room Tip: I asked for the quietest room possible and got one on the side of the hotel away from the main stree...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you 'Nancy0657' for giving our friendly team a shout out! I look forward to sharing wih them that their Hamptonality was recognized! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the introduction to Boise, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best,

Jennifer

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown? Share your experiences!