“Nice course but not so friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Boise
Boise, Idaho
41 attraction reviews
“Nice course but not so friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I don't often play golf at Boise Ranch because I live so close to Warm Springs golf course. Certainly that plays into my opinion of the staff as I have never gotten to know them very well. I feel like a stranger (which I am) when I walk in to pay for a round of golf. The staff does not greet me warmly or otherwise. I pay my money and play the round of golf. Usually, it is a friend who suggests we play there. Although he plays there often, he too has remarked the counter staff looks tired of people and are just going through the motions of running the business. Having said that, the staff in lunch area are completely the opposite. They are friendly and always willing to talk to the customers while serving food and drink. I don't know how the management can have such completely opposite attitudes between the pro shop and the restaurant. The course is laid out well but tends to stuff as many players on the course as it can possibly hold. I prefer other courses in the Boise valley whenever possible.

Visited August 2012

Boise, Idaho
18 attraction reviews
“Fun golf course, very good restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Not a tough course, but the area out away from the club house is very pretty... willow trees and water give it a resort feel. The food in the club house is the hot attraction. The restaurant gets packed for dinner with non golfers. Try the superb French Dip with fresh sliced roast beef cooked in house. YUM!!

Visited March 2012