“Great Headquarters for Boise area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Boise
San Diego, California
“Great Headquarters for Boise area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

First trip to Boise, so this hotel was a stab in the dark. Excellent choice as it turned out. Very clean and bright. The breakfast is an outstanding buffet. The breakfast room is very bright and roomy. Every member of the staff is outgoing and extremely helpful.

A front desk clerk responded to my question about where was the the nearest Kinkos to make a bunch of not-so-simple copies by insisting that I let her do it. Done immediately and well; no charge. Everyone was like that.

Our suite, $194/night, was the first real, roomy suite we've managed to book on line for a while. Three full rooms - two en suite queen bedrooms separated by a very large kitchen sitting room (with its own queen hide-away. The kitchen has full stove, dishwasher, micro and a full sized refrigerator/freezer. Dishes, pots, you name it. Three televisions and a fireplace in the sitting area.

There's a lot to clean with two baths and a full kitchen. Those, plus the carpeted area, must reach nearly 500 sq. ft. But the baths and the kitchen areas were very clean, even the corners and hard to reach spots.

When we were there there was a mix of families and traveling business men and women. The nights were quiet and peaceful.

There is a decent sized indoor pool - very clean and bright; and a small but fresh smelling and new looking workout room.

The hotel is located pretty much in the middle of the metro-area, maybe a minute from the intersection of 194 and 94, seconds from Cole Street and a 5 minute walk from Boise Town Center Mall. Not that we're mall folks, but it will give you a sense of where you'll be staying.

Really, compliments to the staff and to the management for running a fine inn here.

Now, I can't disagree with others' comments about the mattresses - not the beds - the mattresses. the beds have nice fresh covers, a flat sheet, duvet and light cover. Fresh smelling and nicely turned out every day. The mattresses are too soft. That's enough said. The management is working on it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boise West, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for such a nice and complete review. We take great pride empowering our staff to provide the very best service possible and exceed guests experience with us. It will be so nice to have a hotel renovation later this year with new everything including mattresses. Hopefully you will stay with us again and be able to enjoy our hotel even more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nice property A very friendly staff. Decent breakfast with some nice home touches. Only problem was the old beds which were both saggy and uncomfortable. A bit of a remodel and this place will rock.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Residence Inn B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boise West, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Our hotel will receive a nice renovation this year sometime. I'm so glad that our staff service exceeded your expectations. Hopefully you will try our hotel again once our remodel has been completed. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Convenient to freeway and airport. Property looks like any other residence which is nice. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Dinner one night was catered Brazilian food and was excellent. Breakfast was hit or miss on some items, which is really ok when you are trying to do a buffet for 3 hours. Miso soup and sticky rice at breakfast was a first but I enjoyed it greatly.

• Stayed May 2014
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I mainly chose this hotel based on reviews and it location near a mall. My wife and I did not regret this decision. It turns out we found this hotel to be very quiet and the shower to be very nice. In the evening, my wife and I walked to the mall to stretch our legs. My only warning to travelers is watch for the dip on Denton Street on the way to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a nice property and the room I had was large, comfortable and well maintained. The location is good, right off the freeway and across the street from a large shopping mall.

The issues that reduced my rating were first, the breakfast. While I never expect too much from a free breakfast theirs was definitely below what I have experienced at far cheaper hotels. The bowl of bananas looked they were more than ready to be turned into banana bread, not consumed for breakfast. The oatmeal was more soup than oatmeal and their signature breakfast sandwiches looked so dry that a bath in that oatmeal soup may have been needed.

My main complaint is that the cleaning staff kept trying to come into my room on check out day. I was just getting out of the shower and the maid was knocking on the door. By the time I could get a towel and try to get to the door she had already opened it. I had the slide on so it stopped. I told her I would be there for a while yet. About 90 minutes later she did the same thing again.

I talked to the manager about it and she was very nice. She offered to give me some extra Marriot rewards which was nice, however it was 2500 points, which is about 17% of a free night at that hotel. Not a huge incentive.

The other issue was with the cleaning staff. I was hoping to get some work down in the room prior to check out so I showered a bit later than normal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
resinnboise, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boise West, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I'm so sorry your stay with us was unpleasant. I know our general manager has been in contact with you to address issues we can control. Sometimes we need constructive feedback in order to improve guest experiences. I invite you to contact me in the sales department if I can assist with any future stay plans and hope we can make a more favorable impression on your next visit.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property for almost 2 full weeks while our home was being renovated. From the first minute we arrived, we were treated tremendously by everyone we cam in contact with. The people at the front desk, the housekeeping crew, the maintenance people, the girls who set up the breakfasts and he evening socials WERE ALL OUTSTANDING. To compliment this whole crew is Sandra Pack, Assistant General Manager. She could not have been more courteous, professional, accommodating and friendly is she tried. Our room was very comfortable and well-equipped. Beds were very comfortable and in great shape. Our room was very well furnished and all appliances work fine. This is definetly a FIVE STAR operation with FIVE STAR STAFF AND MANAGEMENT. WE WILL RECOMMEND THE HOTEL HIGHLY.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
resinnboise, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Boise West, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us while your home was being renovated. I hope our hotel provided a home like experience for you. It was so nice of you to compliment so many members of our staff. I have printed your review and will share with everyone in our daily huddle tomorrow. We hope to see you again, sweet dreams!
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We found this hotel comfortable and welcoming. We were greeted warmly by the front desk staff on arrival and each time we passed by. They gave us a quiet room placement as we requested and we found our room to be clean and comfortable.
There was an evening social the night we stayed with soups, chili, salad and bread, much appreciated after several hours on the road. The attendant kept things very well stocked and it was the same for breakfast the next morning which offered a variety of hot and cold items.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple