“Great place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Good food and good prices. Never had a bad meal yet and we have been going back for the last 15 years. Don't let the outside fool you, this place has been in Boise for over 25 years so they must be doing something right!!

“Totally dissappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We usually go to Kyoto for hibachi but due to home comming it was packed. The outside of the building looks like a run down rat trap. And once you get inside its not much better, Old couches from the 80's line the foyer with fold out chairs for waiting.

In side the dining room the tables looked clean and so were the grills, The hoods above were black and crusted though like they hadn't been touched in years.

We had a party of 6 at the table with 1 straggler that was sat near us. After ordering we waited close to 40 minutes for them to actually start cooking our food. there are approximately 6 grills in the place and it was Saturday night at 7 and wasn't even 1/4 full.

Each meal comes with vegtables and rice. The veggies were pretty good if not under cooked a bit the fried rice was ok but nothing special I've tasted better. I ordered the salmon, scallops, and shimp. Everyone else ordered the filet mignon and scallops. My son just had the kids new york strip.

For my meal the salmon was way over cooked, burnt hard on one side and dry and flavorless, the shrimp was overcooked to the point where it became very rubbery and almost hard, The scallops were the closest but over cooked and rubbery as well, they also scorched one side where they were almost burnt. The sad part about this is I had the best meal out of everyone.

The filet they ended up serving looked OK when they put it on the grill but that's as far as it got. After serving it up on our plates what is supposed to be the softest, melt in your mouth cut, became something rubbery almost a texture of liver and tasted gamy like it has spoiled. No one at our table of 7 could even manage to stomach the meat and after taking to the waitress she said sorry we can only give you a 5% discount. That being totally unacceptable we started to question her more and it came out that they had a wrong shipment and they had tried to switch out a different kind of cut (not sure which because of her poor English) . At this point we were even more upset not only because they still wanted to charge us for crap that would make a dog regurgitate but they had tried to pull a fast one and expected payment.

We finally got them to remove those dinners from the meal. We left unhappy and have a great meal at a fast food joint down the road.

I highly recommend you take your family, friends, anyone else where if you want a decent meal. This was one of the worse dining experiences I have ever had. If you want good hibachi go to Kyoto instead.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing but sketchy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is so cool. The kids love it. The dinner was vey good. The salad was super yummy and the soup was tasty. The rice and salmon are very good. Especially the rice! Ten only bad thing is the atmosphere. Very run down but the outside says nothing about the food. Excellent place to go if you can avoid the scary appearance. Not cheep but not too expensive.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this place quite a few times and EVERY time it's perfect! The outside will fool you!!!! im fine with the fact that they focus more on the food than the outside of the building.The staff is always wonderful and always keep my glass full which is important to me. I always get the meal for 2 which consists of soup (my favorite, very simple) salad, rice, veggies, filet migńon, teriyaki chicken, shrimp and ice cream. More than enough for 2! You can choose what meats you want, that's just what I always get. The price is $60 for all of that. I'm going again next week for my birthday. Best place in Boise, hands down!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Bend, Oregon
“Kinda scary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Extremely run-down place. We went at night and the outside of the place was literally falling off. the front door didn't open, so you had to go around the back. Once inside, there weren't many people. I have to admit, though, that the food was pretty good. The waiter/cook didn't speak English and tried his best to entertain, but I got the feeling he was angry while he was cooking. He tried some fancy stuff with breaking eggs and two out of three fell flat. The soup was a joke: broth with two mushroom slices. The salad was iceberg lettuce, three croutons, and some sort of creamy wasabi dressing. Dinner for two with steak, shrimp and chicken was $39.00. There was a lot of it, but really, was it that good? I don't think so. The hostess was downright scary. We found the place in the phone book because of their full-page ad, which made the place look fabulous. I would not go back.

• Visited October 2012