“Sweet Mother of Pearl” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 659 restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Great People! Great Food! Great Beer!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sweet Mother of Pearl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've eaten a lot of pizza in my day. This may have been the best. Who would have thought Boise was the place to get great pizza. try their preset combos. I had two different ones (one that had tons of meat on it and one with three types of peppers...I forget their actual names). They are so into the process they actually open your box and show you your pizza before you leave.....like it is a work of art...which believe me...it is.

Visited November 2013

87% Recommend
Sonoma, CA
“Very Tasty Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant allows you to put together a very customized pizza, with your choice of ingredients... Extremely friendly and attentive staff..

Visited October 2013
Sacramento, California
“I don't understand the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have eaten Flying Pie several times and I still don't understand the hype. There are several fanatics for this chain and each time I have tried it I have been disappointed.

I am a big crust guy and for me if the crust is bad then it doesn't matter what you put on top the pizza will be bad. For Flying Pie, their crust is poor-average. It is an attempt at a sour-dough but tastes like cardboard. In all fairness, they have a lot of options and some creative pies but for me when I have a mouthful of pizza it is both crust and toppings and I can't get past the poor crust. Value-wise, you get a lot of pizza for the dollar, I just don't like the pizza.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland, OR
“Creative toppings and good food but not as good as the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had really high hopes about Flying Pie -- the reviews here, the other customers in the restaurant, the parking lot filled with in-the-know pick-up trucks. The pizza was fine and I loved the variety of toppings and sauces, but in the end it was just good pizza, not great pizza.

We got three small pizzas with plans for left overs. We got a plain sausage pizza, the Garlic Chicken pizza, and the Triple Pie. All were fine, however the crust was sort of more like a cracker taste than a bread taste, which none in our party especially cared for.

The service was very friendly and outgoing but the music was way too loud and way too specific of a genre that I can't imagine I was the only person walking out with a headache. Loud music typically doesn't bother me so it really was an issue at Flying Pie for me to even notice it, let alone mention it.

There were enough interesting things on the menu that I will probably visit Flying Pie the next time I am in Boise. However, I will probably get my pizza to go and eat it in the peace of my hotel room.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glen Allen, Virginia
“One of the best I ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This was hands down one of the best pizza's I have ever eaten. Next time I am in Boise I will definitely have it again.

• Visited October 2012