“convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Schenectady, New York
“convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

great place,close to the airport,2 minutes away.shower/toilet and separate dressing area.clean,large room,friendly staff,accurate wake-up call(real human voice)Breakfast looked great,but we had an early flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Iberia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't usually make reservations at budget motels without first seeing the property, but we were due to arrive late, and the reviews at Tripadvisor were consistently positive for Inn America in Boise, so I took a chance. The motel is convenient to the Boise airport and was very easy to find. Our room, with two double beds, was very small and dark. Perhaps with better lighting in the room, we would have felt more comfortable, but the room felt dark and dingy. The beds and pillows were hard, but we did sleep well. The linens were limp and almost transparent - well past their use by date. The room was fairly quiet even though our room faced the highway. Breakfast was adequate. We had planned to stay here again the night before our flight home, but decided to pay $20 more and stayed at the Comfort Suites instead. The price was very reasonable, but we would stay at Inn America again only if nothing else was available.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After our experiences with Motel 6 in Jackson, I was beginning to despair about 'budget' hotels/motels but this was a very pleasant surprise.

Clean, comfortable, great value for money and with breakfast thrown in too!!

Maple Valley, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed here the last 11 years during our visits to friends & family. They had always been friendly, clean, quiet (except for the fire alarm during one of my husband's stays) & accommodating. This trip was to also be spent scouting locations for future retirement.
I made the reservations in May & when asked for preferences, put in 3rd floor, facing back parking lot -- which we always request, since it's quieter. A week before arrival (mis-August), I received an email, stating looking forward to our stay & any preferences. I replied with 3rd floor, facing back parking lot. It's an 8 hr drive from Seattle area to Boise & we arrived about 4, as usual. After a stop for an early dinner, we proceeded to the motel.
At check in, at about 5 pm, we were told all the 3rd floor rooms were already taken, except for one, which wouldn't be ready for at least a half hour. So much for previous inquiries regarding our preferences. After discussion back & forth, we agreed to a 2nd floor room, overlooking the pool (the front of the building, not the back). We carted all out stuff up stairs, looking forward to a cool, air-conditioned room ( I know -I always pack too much!). I'm not used to weather in the 90's. The room was HOT. My husband went to turn on the air conditioner & the dial spun. Looked like it had been smashed in. He went down stairs to report it -- Oh, the maintenance person has left for the day, would be about an hour before we can get him back. After a discussion with the manager, with my husband explaining how that was not acceptable -- the room on the 3rd floor became available. We took it & moved our stuff ( still overlooking the pool).
There is a definite difference in outside noise between front facing and back facing rooms! Front facing rooms get the noise from the road in-front of the motel and the noise from the freeway!
One of the most astonishing things to us, was twice during the Front Desk encounters, the staff made comments that guest stays over 2 days were an inconvenience to them. Our reservations were for 5 days. We both heard those comments.
I received an email after our return home, inquiring how our stay was. I let my husband reply, basically what I have related above. He got a reply from the manager: "I recall this incident when it happened. I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us at Inn America. We do always try to accommodate our guests where they would like to be, however it unfortunately cannot be guaranteed due to stay overs. I will use the info you have given me to implement improvements with our staff. Again I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay, and hope that you will give us another chance to provide superior customer service for you in the future."
We won't.
Fortunately, Boise & the surrounding area have MANY other options to choose from. We will be selecting one of those on our next trip!

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, ask for the rooms facing the back parking lot - significantly quieter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We arrived late (12:30 A.M.) and were promptly checked in by a very polite young man. The room appeared clean upon first inspection, but the next morning when we showered the was an old washcloth hanging from the previous guest! Also the fridge door would not shut tightly and was turned off and was being DE-frosted so we could hear chunks of ice and dripping water all night. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and the room was decorated nicely. An other bonus was a guest tried to use the waffle maker at 6 am and set off the fire alarm. (not the motels fault) I would probably give this place a second chance but make no mistake it is budget lodging!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A recent stay here was good but when I came back a week later the clerk said there were no rooms on the third floor (Funny, the parking lot was almost empty.) but I could rent a "suite" and it normally goes for blah blah blah but you can have it for $20 more than the other rooms.
"It is larger has a kitchen and living room, you know, a suite!" I was told.

So I decided to splurge and upgrade to the "suite."
The "suite" was tiny, smaller than the normal rooms, had 3 single beds, no kitchen, no living room, no room to move around in... it was claustrophobic. I went back to the clerk and asked what made this a "suite"...she said ..."it has a microwave and... and...", she repeated, "it has a microwave and..". well she couldn't come up with any more after the "and." So this saleswoman is trying to deceive me into thinking a suite is a smaller room with a microwave? I told her that I would pay for a suite but this is not a suite. She suddenly had a normal room on the third floor, the floor she previously said that there weren't rooms and suddenly as well, it was cheaper than the last weeks rate!
I looked at that room and it reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was "non-smoking"
The clerk offered me an ionizer. LOL! She promised me that the ionizer would make the smell go away. Sure thing, I thought, this from a person who tried hard to convince me that a suite is a room with a microwave. (I hate it when people try to con me)

I declined, and left to find another room in another hotel (cheaper, a standard fridge and microwave)

The first stay was good, the second attempt was not. Never again will I stay here for fear of being "conned" I just want consistency.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
West Point, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. At check in, we were upgraded to a suite-nice! Our room was very nice and clean. Beds were doubles-not queens but this was fine for us. Nice work desk- wifi was fine. TV was not flat screen but had lots of channels and was fine. Shower was quite nice and toiletries were good. Breakfast was very good with make your own waffles and many other choices such as oatmeal/cold cereals, pastries, bagels, mini muffins, breakfast burritos, and an assortment of drinks and juices. There was a nice swimming pool but we didn't try it. Hotel was a very good value for the price and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Inn America A Budget Motel? Share your experiences!