“Don't stay here !!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Portland, Oregon
“Don't stay here !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

The Cabana Inn is easily one of the worst places I have ever stayed in the United States. I would not have stayed here, but the town was sold out due to a large soccer tournament. My only other lodging option was 50 miles away in Oregon.

The owners are very nice, but are from a 3rd world country. They have brought their accommodation philosophies to Idaho with the Cabana Inn. It's very basic, kind of clean, smells funny, cinder block walls, and is very run down. It reminds me of places I've stayed at in Asia for $3-$10 dollars a night. So if you feel like traveling to a 3rd world country and don't want to travel that far, come and stay at this place.

My air conditioner in my room sounds like a pair of work boots in the clothes dryer, and it’s 90+ outside. I also have serious doubts about the neighborhood, as it appears they are going to re-make the movie Deliverance, and the perspective cast is hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2003

True, the staff is nice, but the place is very old. My daughter described it as, "ghetto." Our room had an odd smell (meth amphetamine production site??) and the T.V. reception was poor. We complained. We were given another room that smelled heavily of smoke. My husband has chronic sinusitis and can't detect odors well, but he did here.We left and went to the Budget Host Inn, a much nicer place for a few dollars more.

Been to Cabana Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cabana Inn

Address: 1600 Main St, Boise, ID 83702
Location: United States > Idaho > Boise
Ranked #45 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Hotel Class:2 star — Cabana Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cabana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cabana Hotel Boise

If you own or manage Cabana Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.