“INCREDIBLE, relaxing, and enjoyable....would love to live there!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   6321 US Highway 76, Young Harris, GA 30582   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Young Harris
Georgia
“INCREDIBLE, relaxing, and enjoyable....would love to live there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We have stayed here twice, and we absolutely LOVE it!! It is a little pricey, but if you want a luxurious yet comfortable, relaxed getaway, this is the place to stay. The staff is great, the views are incredible, the beds are comfortable, and the large lobby with the stone fireplace, cedar lined vaulted ceilings and cozy furniture is a wonderful place to join with great friends to share the evening. The whole resort was decorated for Christmas; so, it was just beautiful. The view from the restaurant balcony overlooks the golf course and the mountains. We've stayed both in the summer and now, in the winter, and both times we had a wonderful time. In the summer, our boys enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool and croquet course; my husband enjoyed the golf course, and we all enjoyed both the main dining room and Brassies bar and grill. This time, in December, my husband and I enjoyed the roaring fire in the massive fireplace in the lobby at night, the wonderful breakfast buffet in the restaurant, the great banquet hall and hallways decorated for Christmas and the beautiful views from the balcony. We stayed in room 320, which had a "back door" that opened to a small patio, directly in front of the playground...had our boys been with us, they would have loved this! It was a rainy, cold 2 days; so, there weren't any children playing on the equipment; so, I don't know if it would have been loud with children right outside. The staff is just incredible, ready to assist their guests in any way possible. The beds are wonderfully comfortable, and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious enough, you don't feel on top of each other. They also have cottages surrounding the lodge, but we didn't stay in these. They have nature trails, horse stables, a luxurious spa and golf course. Brasstown Valley Resort will always be on the top of my list of places to stay in North Georgia!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the lodge, in the 320 range, are right in front of the playground - great if y...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. Christmas is a magical time here at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. I am glad you were able to experience it. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for the long Thanksgiving weekend and had a blast! The staff were excellent as was the setting & atmosphere. We felt welcomed and like we were "home".

A perfect hidden gem for families. We stayed in one of the cottages which was a nice sized room. Next time we'll spring for a fireplace.

This will decidedly be a yearly Thanksgiving trip for our little family of 3.

• Stayed November 2011
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Fantastic Hideaway

Thank you for choosing Brasstown to celebrate your Thanksgiving weekend. I was glad to read that you had a blast and that you felt our staff was excellent.

I agree that we have a "gem" in Brasstown and I'm glad you discovered us. I will share your positive comments with our team. Please share the word and we look forward to hosting you at your home away from home again soon.

Happy Holidays!
Kildare, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This resort was to be one of the highlights of our honeymoon but we failed to be wowed by it. The decor of the rooms felt tired and it was the first place during our trip to the US where we felt the service was poor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to Brasstown.

Our decor and rooms are being updated each year. Over the past few years we have changed our guest room carpet, bedding, a/c units, bathroom shower presentations, cabin appliances, cabin parlor flooring and base boards. We have a multi-year plan to change the guest room drapes, beds and tv's beginning this winter. I was disappointed to read that our service failed to meet your expectations. We will continue these update until every rooms is complete.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in order to understand exactly what needs to be improved as we continually look to enhance our guest experience. Please feel free to contact me so that I may personally address the concerns.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at Brasstown during our property quest in North Georgia and North Carolina. We stayed with friends in one of the "cabins" that have six rooms in each one, two on the bottom floor and four on the top. We would have preferred to stay in the Lodge but there was a Porsche Owners' get-together while we were there so were lucky to get what we got.

Combining rustic with luxury has it's innate challenges and although Brasstown seemed to try hard, the room we stayed in wasn't quite enough. Popcorn ceilings bug me and although there were a few nice touches - the bed was great and the granite in the bathroom - the $5 toilet was more Holiday Inn than high end.

We did eat at the restaurant (a ten minute walk or short drive from our "cabin" to the main lodge and building) and it was very good, unexpectedly good in the land of deep fried chicken and barbecue. There is much to do at the resort - golf, horseback riding, Lake Chatuge's not far away - and in the area. Your typical mountain setting smorgasbord of things to do with all kinds of interesting small towns and spectacular views of the mountains. (No views from our "cabin" but the Lodge, lobby, and restaurant did offer sweeping mountain valley views with the mountains in the distance.)

Our room did have a fireplace, although we didn't use it. The "cabin" was in a woodsy, quiet, peaceful setting. If one is going to this area of the North Georgia mountains, I assure you, this is as good as it gets in the area. But if you're expecting high end luxury as the name of this resort suggests, you'll be disappointed.

We ended up buying a cabin not too far from Brasstown so there will be little need for us to stay there again. However, if our cabin gets filled up (or if friends or relatives don't want to stay at our cabin for whatever reason) and we have need for accommodations, we will definitely recommend Brasstown.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Lodge. Less "rustic" than the cabins.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences regarding your visit to Brasstown. I will share your positive comments with our staff.

Feedback such as yours is considered as we renovate Brasstown. We have a plan to address some of the noise challenges this winter. I agree with you regarding "popcorn ceilings", particularly as they are compared to great beds and granite counter tops.

We often refer to the atmosphere at Brasstown as "rustic elegance", given our commitment to providing a mountain lodge experience.

Thanks for being our guest and please be sure to remember our wonderful amenities and food when you are staying at your cabin. . If your travel plans allow you to return within the next 90 days, we will extend to you a 20% discount on most recent room rate. Hope to see you soon.

Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This spa is fantastic!! They have a great eucalyptus infused steam room and a wonderful deck with a hot tub! I would highly recommend any treatment there! Make sure you bring your bathing suit and clothes/makeup so you can stay there after your treatment and use the hot tub, steam room, and showers before going back for a cozy night on the terrace behind the lobby for a lovely sunset.

Room Tip: Choose one with a balcony facing the back of the resort and the mountains!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley & Spa. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our Equani Spa. I feel it is one of the best spa experiences in the North Georgia area. I agree that guests should bring bathing suits and anything else they may need so that they can take advantage of all the extras the spa has. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've been going to Brasstown Valley Resort every November for a weekend conference for about six years now. Even though I am in a conference all weekend, I always manage to enjoy my stay here.

The first thing I experience when I walk in the door is a friendly greeting from the bellman, then more greetings from the staffers. There is a huge lobby area with a giant fireplace with classic decor mixed with mountain decor. The view from the lobby is spectacular. If the weather is nice you can go out on the porch to enjoy the view. This lobby is made for relaxing. If you can't relax here, something is terribly wrong.

There is always plenty of parking for the car and it is close to the hotel, yet also hidden so you don't view a big parking lot.

The restaurant is pricey (this is a resort hotel) but the food is good--especially the prime rib. They have a breakfast buffet and personally I like the eggs benedict here so I order off of the menu. The coffee is quite good. There is also a seafood buffet on Friday nights that is very popular. If you want to pay a little less for lunch or dinner, there is a bar downstairs where you can have "pub food." The room service is reasonable and quick and hot--the tip is included.

There is a fun shop downstairs where I sometimes get a little Christmas shopping in. I love the interesting selection of books they have there and usually pick one up to read while I am there.

I like to walk on the trails and after I am done I can relax in the indoor heated pool and hot tub and a steam room in the locker rooms so I always bring a bathing suit. Once I forgot one and was able to pick one up in the pro shop.

I am not a golfer, but the the view from the course is really lovely and some of my friends enjoy playing there. I prefer to go horseback riding. The trail ride is a lot of fun. If you like to ride, be sure to do that while you are here. I've been in spas all over the world and I would say that this one is worth a visit. The room in the back where you can relax is wonderful.

As for the rooms in the hotel being small or loud, perhaps people don't realize that this hotel was built a long time ago. Though it is an old building, it really has been well cared for and renovated and redecorated to the point that it seems more like a brand new building. Some people on Trip Advisor have complained, but perhaps they don't realize that the hotel is older since it looks so new. The history of the place is part of it's charm. It has been upgraded twice since I've been coming here and I really like it since they got rid of the bears and the country feel and upgraded it.

The bathrooms are large and the beds are comfortable. If you can swing it get a suite. They offer them with fireplaces or balconies. They are huge! The regular rooms are on the small side--again this is an older hotel, but you will get a huge bathroom and that's a nice bonus.

There are only two things I would change. I would add a magnifying mirror to the bathroom walls for the ladies (if they light up, even better) and have a comforter or nice blanket of some kind on the bed. The rooms can get a little chilly in the fall and winter. It's fun to stay in the cabins but those rooms can get a little chilly at night. I would bring a blanket with you when you stay in a cabin-- just to be on the safe side. It's been a few years since I have stayed in one, so they may have blankets in there now.

People have talked about hearing noise in the other rooms. I have not had this experience. My friend did have an experience there recently where she was sick and the alarm in the room next to her went off for an hour early in the AM. She could not get anyone in the hotel to go in and shut it off--the person next door had already checked out and since the hotel could not contact anyone, they refused to go into the room! She should have asked for the manager, because he would have helped her, but I think she was just too tired. She still had a good stay and the hotel took good care of her with room service, etc.

The wifi in the hotel is intermittant. Don't count on it for work. You are in the mountains, so relax! It is better for your health not to have wifi pumping through your body so if it doesn't work properly, perhaps it should just be turned off. I know that some folks having conferences really rely on it. I guess it should work or not work, but the in and out thing is useless.

I asked about the wifi and was told that there were a lot of people using it, but I stay in busy hotels all of the time and their wifi works just fine. There is a room with a computer for people to use. It would be good if there was a larger space for this with more than one computer. So, go to relax and if you can't live without wifi, call ahead to be sure it's working.

Everyone who works at Brasstown from the folks who clean your room to the general manager will do whatever it takes to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. (I had a lousy Gen Yer waitress this trip, yet she is the only bad staffer I have met there in six years--and she could have been having a bad day.) I highly recommend this place for a beautiful fall trip and also for a place to beat the southern heat in the summer time. Summer is my favorite time to go to Brasstown.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite! Get a fireplace! Or get a room in a cabin and book the center area with the kitchen...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. If your travel plans allow you to return within the next 90 days, we will extend to you a 20% discount on most recent room rate. Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Highly recommend this place for a quiet weekend away!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a corner balcony!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!