“My stay was Ok!” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
“My stay was Ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After a long trip and late arrival the man at the desk was taking his sweet time checking me in,,,way to much time. The appearance of the man left me wondering...The Breakfast was fine except for the old stale rubbery Hard boiled eggs. The front desk staff could some personality. as for My room was clean and stocked. Location was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and spending time and effort in writing us your feedback. We sincerely appreciate the candid comments you brought to our attention, and we also apologize for the inconveniences incurred during your stay. The feedback regarding the hotel staff demeanor and the served breakfast will definitely be assessed and addressed without delay. We wish to let you know that your feedback motivates us to further improve the delivery of our services to meet your expectations satisfactorily. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The double Queen suite we stayed in was amazing and very comfortable for our family of 7. The room was very clean and the breakfast served was great with alot of choices for the adults as well as the chilldren. We are looking forward to our next trip to Atlanta so we can stay here again :-)

Room Tip: Very close to Atlanta and worth driving to this location. I would definately recomend this location...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We couldn’t thank you enough for choosing to stay with us. It brings us great honor to have served your family really well. Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful feedback regarding the hotel room cleanliness and the delight you had with the breakfast served. This serves as our inspiration to do so much more to give our valued guests the best service there is to offer. We couldn’t wait to see you again.
Quantico, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Where to start? Well, we are a military family who has to travel from the Washington D.C. Area to New Orleans every 3 months. We stop in Woodstock to visit friends and have stayed at Comfort suites 6 times. This one 3 times. The first time we stayed here was fine, except I accidentally left my favorite sweater in the closet, when I had my friend check back with staff an hour later, no sweater, it never turned up, even after I called and offered reward. The second time was February 2012. We rented a suite for the night...when my children opted to spend the night at friends my husband decided to take advantage of our free time and upgrade to a special room and couples package, and paid the extra money. When we returned from our friends at 11:00pm, we were locked out of our room and the front desk argued with my husband and made us pay extra, saying that we had not paid enough for upgrade. We understood the issue and paid. Next morning we were woken up early by a very rude woman (I understand is related to manager) who asked us to pay again. My husband caught her in a lie, confronted her and she yelled at my husband. I tried to mediate and she she was extremely rude to me. we spoke with a male manager who was also rude and blamed staffs incompetence. We left very unhappy and wound up staying at microtell (which was pleasant but not as good of a breakfast) the next 3 visits to Woodstock. We wound up being charged an extra $119 at Comfort suites for our trouble...we were unsure of what actually happened with the upgrade so we wrote it off and decided not to protest. The following year, we had the opportunity to spend our Valentines day in Woodstock again on the way back and called around to find a jacuzzi suite to relax, we wanted a hot bath to soak in after long trip. Comfort Suites was the only reasonable rate so we decided to try it again. New staff greeted us and the nice older American lady offered my husband a special military rate for the night. He was very happy, paid and we spent a decent night. The next morning after breakfast (very nice breakfast attendant), while packing our car, the same manager came out and insisted we give our credit card back to pay for additional fees, he told my husband his employee had made a mistake and he needed to add money to account. When I came in from car with card and questioned him he was very rude and when I told him we had already paid he demanded I pay my "taxes on the room" I told him we had already paid and that this charging after we had paid had happened before at this hotel and that charges h ad been added after the fact and that he needed to train his staff better...he was so nasty to me and told me he did not want "your kind of people" here anymore and to not come back! We have NEVER had a problem at ANY other hotel except this comfort suites....in WOODSTOCK. I am curious to know if any other people have been asked to pay for extra "charges" after the fact. This time, I protested the charges with my bank because I did not authorize them even after he added them with out my permission, at this point it was the principal of the thing. I would welcome speaking to the Comfort Suites National headquarters, it was very upsetting. FYI, I have a background in PR AND CRIMINOLOGY.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We sincerely apologize if you have been put through such upsetting experiences during the times that you chose to stay with us. We are deeply troubled to hear that you’ve had unpleasant encounters with the staff. It has always been our goal to give our clients the value for their money, while giving them a comfortable and pleasant experience. As per clarification, we normally charge $119.00 for Whirlpool Suites, but since it was already late we gladly waived the normal rate for you and offered a discount of $39.00 instead, thus honoring the rate of $79.99 without any additional charges. It has always been our aim to serve you well, and for that we apologize if we clearly failed to do so. There will be an escalation of this issue, and you can be assured that we will further discuss this very important matter in order to prevent this in the future. We hope that we may be able to serve you again, and give you a far better experience next time.
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Nice clean room with a great bed and TV. Heat and Air worked great. Hotel was several years old but had been renovated. My room had new furnishing and was great. Breakfast was very good. Location is right off I-575 several restaurants nearby. I heard one lady at breakfast didn't have hot water for a shower, but I had no problem with hot water.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
It brings us great delight that we were able to serve you well. Thank you for sharing to us your wonderful feedback. We especially appreciate that you took notice of the renovated areas of the hotel, as well as liking the served breakfast and hotel room accommodation in total. It is our aim to continually seek excellence and we thank our valued guests for constantly giving us a chance to improve the delivery of our service. We hope to see you very soon.
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed in Woodstock on the way to Hilton Head Island. The hotel is located close to everything, shopping, dining etc. The hotel is a little difficult to find as it is tucked away from the main road. The hotel is a little dated but the rooms are comfortable and spacious. The breakfast is standard for Comfort Inn and the attendant was excellent maintaining the selections. Parking was adequate when we were there and the grounds were very well maintained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to share to us your valuable feedback. It brings us great joy that we were able to serve you well and that you took notice of the hard work our entire staff put into to give you the best experience there is. We will definitely work harder to meet and deliver satisfactory services the next time you choose to visit us again. We hope to see you soon.
Alexandria, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very spacious and clean. When checking in I questioned the rate and the clerk got very rude, but other than that all the people were very friendly and helpful.
As I left I reported that the air conditioner was not getting cool. I had it on max cool and it was working like a fan. I did not need it so I waited till I was leaving.
The motel is very well decorated and has a sink with the refg. / microwave, that was really nice. Had a nice breakfast. All in all this is an excellent place to stay, close to many places to eat.
I was visiting a friend that lives in Woodstock.

Room Tip: was very quiet I was on the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Roy P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking some time in making this review. By this, you are keeping us updated on what we should be maintained and improved. We will discuss this on our regular meeting and be giving sanctions to those who are accountable. Rest assured that we will always cater your needs any time, no matter how you want it. We are happy that we have met your expectations.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Woodstock from 9-14 through 9-16. I always ask for a room as high off the first floor as possible. I was put in room 320. The room was spacious, which was nice, but it was in need of some updating/repair. For example, the paint around the mirror in the bathroom is peeling off. The shower head was pretty weak. It had several different positions, but each was weak. The microwave looked like it was from 1980! The fridge was good size and worked. The bed was very comfortable with a pillowtop mattress and the television looked to be 35" or so with cable. The hotel is located about .25 miles off the road, in the back behind some other buildings near another hotel. It is in good proximity to Target and other stores, and a lot of food was nearby. Also convenient to I-575, being about half a mile from it.

The staff were friendly enough. There is a small workout room up on the 2nd floor overlooking the lobby. It has a bike, stair climber and treadmill. The treadmill didn't work. The room is very small and it would be hard for 3 people to use the machines all at once. I settled for the bike, but the seat kept moving on me.

The breakfast was the usual fare for Comfort.

If I were traveling to Woodstock again, I might stay elsewhere just to check out the other hotel. I am loyal to Choice Hotels, but not if they aren't up to snuff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time in writing a review regarding your stay with us. First of all, we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced. We would like you to know that we acknowledged that flaws that we have. We also feel sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations and we also would like to let our valued customers like that we are now on the process of renovation and rest assured that you will see great changes on July 2013. Despite of the flaws that we have, we are still looking forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!