“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Lausanne, Switzerland
33 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was visiting my parents in Atlanta and we went ziplining one day. What an amazing experience. They had been before, but I never had. I loved it. Banning Mills has a great set-up with beautiful ziplines over the trees, creek and gorge. We were there in October, so the leaves were changing, making for stunning views as we zipped through the air. We even zipped over 3 deer, who just watched us.
Everyone begins with level 1, which includes 9 fairly simple ziplines and a bridge or two. All are fairly low and at a low speed. At the end of this, you can decide if you want to move on to level 2, which has higher and faster ziplines and numerous bridges. At the end, you can then decide if you want level 3, and so on, through to level 5. We did 3 levels, and level 3 was amazing, with longer and much faster lines. WE would have continued, but we were hungry and had already been there for several hours.
I would highly recommend this activity as a fun, slightly daring, but very safe activity. We loved it, the guides were excellent, and our group of 10 people got to know each other as we crowded on the platforms awaiting our turns and checking each other's lines to add additional levels of safety.
Banning Mills has created an excellent course/tour, and they are very focused on safety and fun. I will definitely be back next time I visit my parents in Atlanta.

Visited October 2012
bestzipline, Manager at Historic Banning Mills Zip Line Canopy Tours, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We like your great description and appreciate you taking time to write about your experience at Banning Mills. Please come back one day and visit with us again. Look for new things coming!

Fayetteville, Georgia
“A Total Quality experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The proximity to Atlanta, the totally natural setting, the personable and skilled staff, the lunch and dinner menus, the overnight accommodations, and the world-class zip-line experience itself -- all of the HIGHEST quality. A wonderful value for the reasonable charges and a "must" early return for us. Each of the above mentioned elements would warrant a visit, and taken together, make Banning Mills a Gold Five Star enterprise.

Tim
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience at Banning Mills. We try very hard to make this a safe, great and memorable time for our guests. Thank you for your kind and encouraging review!
georgia
16 attraction reviews
“Zip Lining at Banning Mills is SO worth the Trip !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had wanted to do this for years and a couple of my friends were going so I said YES !! The drive there was really a lovely ride in the country and the GPS did not steer me right. I suggest you call them the day before and get verbal directions. They Actually Answer the Phone when you call in !! I finally found a parking space and made my way into the Lodge to check in. The Lodge and cabins were so nice. A really big dining room for rhe guests w/ fireplace and large windows with views of the scenery. We were promply met by our guides, Andy & Luke for our 10 am Level 3 Zip Line Tour. I think the 3rd Zip Line is called the Screamin Eagle. We got fitted with our equipment. I immediately felt at home with Andy & Luke . They were polite, funny and throughout the day they were very Safe Minded, and they both sported Justin Bieber Dos ! They started us out by baby steps and distance & height became more each time. At first it was so hard just to jump off the planks. The wooden and Wire bridges scared me to my very core ! Way outside my comfort level but you know what they say...... The views from the Zip Lines was awesome . I really had a great time and I would highly recommend. They really make safety their number one priority and that made me feel safe so I could have Fun !!! BTW ...If Andy asks if you want to take the short route back or the scenic route.. Don't fall for it !! LOL One last thought.....About the photographer. After you are through you have photos to decide to buy or not. Our group photo was too dark, He should have used a fill Flash so all the faces would be visible and He should have taken multiple shots of us coming in our zip lines. I would have been a buyer for several photos if they had been composed better.

Melissa
We are so glad you came to Banning Mills and realized that you can do so much more than you thought. It is a great feeling to overcome fears and step out of the box so to speak. Thank you for taking time to write about us and we appreciate you visiting with us
cullman
“Wife's Birthday trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I surprised my wife with a zipline extreme tour. it was the 4th level tour. It was our first zipline tour. We had gotten there on a Thursday night to check in. We only had reservations for one night and we was going to wake up and go on our tour and then go to Atlanta to stay the other 2 days. Well, we woke up that Friday and went and ate breakfast. The breakfast that you get in the mornings is very very good! Our room was very nice and well worth the money. My wife loved the ziplines and wants to go back and do the all day extreme that lasts all day. After we went on our tour, my wife wanted to stay there and check out the neighboring towns. We went to carrollton that afternoon and ate at a pub called the irish pub and grill. It is in the historic district. It was very nice. After we had eat, there was a stage set up and we got to see the velcro pygmies concert! We were excited about this. We didn't even know they were in town and we got to watch them from a balcony over looking the square. Talk about scoring some points! We got up the next morning and my wife decided that we was going to stay at the lodge again. It was that nice. We can not say enough about this place. 3 days was not enough time to do everything there. We wanted to go hiking, kayaking,etc. There is alot they offer, from spa packages, to horse back riding, to romantic get aways with candlelight dinners in your room. We are definitely going back and we plan to stay longer.

Visited October 2012
What a great birthday gift and we are sooooooooooo glad that she had a good time. The All Day Rush is very cool especially since we have added the Flight of the Falcon. Carrollton square is very quaint and has several good restaurants. Glad you guys liked it and got the concert too.
Come back soon to visit!
Columbus, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“Had lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I visited Historic Banning Mills today for our first ever zip line tour. I was quite scared to begin with and had a hard time jumping off the first couple platforms but it got easier each time. The first level is great for warming up and learning how to do everything but more excitement and better views come in level 2. That is as far as we went today but it was an amazing time. The last zip line on level two has absolutely beautiful views. I must say crossing the bridges were actually more scary than the actual zip line lol.

Our guides were Caleb, Stevie B and Harrison and they were VERY knowledgeable and safe! They ensured our safety the entire time and also made jokes and were very entertaining! I appreciate their humor and ability to have a good time. It appears they really love their jobs and they made us feel very safe and comfortable.

There is a photographer and I do feel like the price of the pictures is a little steep but we purchased one of us doing it anyway since this was such an exciting experience and our first time.

The only main complaint I have is that we would love to go back and visit again but if you do that you are required to do level 1 all over again and I would rather just skip that, unfortunately this is not an option for some reason.

Visited October 2012
We are glad you had a wonderful time at Banning Mills. It can be a bit scary at first but quickly turns into lots of fun. We do understand that some of our guests wish to come back and skip the first tour. Since all guests start at a scheduled time and each tour is assigned specific guides that will stay with the guests the whole time, we are not able at this time to split up guests to go to different tour levels without completing the levels in order. Also, we are not able to ascertain if a guest still remembers braking and other important skills. Sometimes our guests may not be able to come back for a long while and they are not Up to date on those skills. We do not mean this to be a hardship for our guests but only a safety point. Safety is the most important thing on our tours.