“Unethical business practices” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Liberty Inn to your Saves list
Liberty Inn
Liberty Inn
225 South Liberty Street, US Highway 25 South, Waynesboro, GA 30830 (Formerly Days Inn Waynesboro)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Waynesboro
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Unethical business practices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stay away from this hotel. They have unethical business practices. I tried to cancel a reservation, but the hotel blocked my efforts three times, long enough to put me into the 30 day no cancellation period.

I tried to cancel my reservation 32 days out from the reservation. They have a 30 day cancellation policy. I got a woman on the phone that after we worked through the language challenges, I speak English. She kept saying call the number, but she could not tell me the number or the process. She told me to call back when the manager was in (DELAY #1) I called back. I got the same or another woman. We tried to work through language issues. Call the number, what number? She couldn't tell me. I was told to call the hotel back 6 days later (DELAY #2). When asked if anyone else could help me, the desk clerk would be in at noon, but they could not help me. I put my request in writing via email. I got a response 5 days later to call an 800 number. I tried the 800 number, but surprisingly it was the wrong number (DELAY #3). I emailed it was the wrong number. While the manager was playing a cat & mouse games with me, he called the correct number before I could to tell the booking company not to take my cancellation. I finally got an email with the correct number. I tried to do the right thing, but I got screwed.

I do want to give Booking.com a huge thank you for being professional and trying to be an advocate for me. Booking.com, you do not want to be associated with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Waynesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Their are lady bugs in the room, when you put do not disturb sign up they still bother you and call you on your room phone,they come in an unplug all your stuff,the have the lowest internet available,people that dont even stay at the hotel come and knock on your door and ask if they can use your phone,prices change for each customer and isn't just one price,you have to wait for service at the front desk because nobody is ever in the office

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed @ this former Days Inn & the location was convenient to shopping & some well known restaurants. Also, the price was very reasonable for an over night stay. However, the staff could use some customer service training. Anytime you needed supplies, they inform to come to the front desk to get it.

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

As we drove in there was a sign that said "special this week all rooms 42.95". When I was given the room price, it was almost $10 more. I asked about that and was told the difference was "tax" and he held up a small notepad with some numbers written on it to show me (which I could barely read). After we got to the room I looked at my receipt and saw that tax was less than $5, and there was $5 for misc. which turned out to be: $1-microwave, $3-"fridge" & $1-"coffie". So the room was really 47.95+tax. It was still worth that much but it seemed kinda sneaky.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is now called The Liberty Inn so is presumably under new management.
We found nothing to complain of at the motel. The manager quickly completed the paperwork and the room was fine.
I suggest asking for a room further back from the main road if they have one available. There is a resturaunt just across the road if your hungry.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Liberty Inn

Address: 225 South Liberty Street, US Highway 25 South, Waynesboro, GA 30830 (Formerly Days Inn Waynesboro)
Location: United States > Georgia > Waynesboro
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Waynesboro
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Liberty Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Liberty Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.