“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Jameson Inn Washington
115 Ann Denard Drive, Washington, GA 30673   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
alpharetta
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We rented 2 hotels from the Jamerson and it was an absolutely miserable experience. The rooms were filled with flied and crickets. Our room on the bottom floor, the door was open when we came back to get something to eat, even though I am sure that I shut the door securely. Apparently not securely enough. The tv reception, poor. It was so bad that I can not see subjecting my family and I to this again. And the front desk clerk Pat was absolutely rude and mean. I have never felt so rushed or treated so rudely by someone. Forget the fact that I am a paying customer but how can you call someone and tell them when check out is? We were advised of the checkout time when we got there. She made it a point to say she would charge us an extra $50 if we were not out by that time. I normally straighten my room before leaving and leave a tip. I could not do it!!! Horrible place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington DC area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel stay, it wasn't bad, but it didn't compare with the other chain we'd been staying with, during this trip through the south. Washington, Georgia is a very small town and there were not a lot of options, so we chose the Jameson, as it was a chain and we'd heard of it at the very least. I have to say that the gentleman who checked us in, at 9:00 PM, was not particularly friendly, in fact he was close to rude. We weren't clear on the directions to find our room from the desk, and he was obviously put out that he had to leave the desk and point out the right stairwell. But he'd watched us head off in the wrong direction and never said a word. It put a little negative ping on our impression of the place, a rude clerk, can make a big difference. The other negative about the hotel was the door lock. All the rooms opened to the outdoors, there were only two floors, this room was in the back, it was a lonely empty parking lot, and our door had one little bolt that you turn. We just did not feel safe, it may be a small town but it was completely unfamiliar to us. We put a chair under the door knob. The bed was fine, and it had all the right amenities, wifi, fridge, coffee pot, nice shower. But instead of the usual hotel welcome message or directory on the dresser for guests, there was a terse print out about how many towels should be there and hinting that the right amount had better be there when you check out. The morning staff was much friendlier than the night guy at least. Two big bonuses were the two restaurants adjacent to the place. (not connected to the Jameson chain). There was a family owned Mexican restaurant, that served till 10:00 PM, and was very good. We slept too late for the free continental, so we walked to Huddle House, which was fabulous! I'm glad we chose to stay there, I just wish it had been a little more welcoming. and secure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
gainesville, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Why leave brochures in the rooms that promise luxury, preminum cable, luxury bedding & comfy chairs. The ice machine is a very long walk from the rooms in back or upstairs. The lighting was horrid, broken lamp, no sheer curtains to allow light. Oh well, live & learn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We travelled from Wisconsin to Washington, Georgia to do some family research, and having never been there before (and having booked online), we didn't know what to expect. We were scheduled to arrive at 10:30pm and were just hoping for a clean room in a quiet hotel. Well, we got that and much, much more. The room was as nice as (or in some cases nicer than) hotels we have stayed at for twice the price. The staff was incredibly friendly and extremely helpful. Not only did they provide excellent service, they went out of their way to help us get in contact with people who could help us gather information for our research. They never made us feel as if we were putting them out and were there for whatever we needed.
As far as being quiet goes the area was very peaceful and we had no trouble going to sleep. The hotel is in a very convenient location. It's just outside of town and right across the street from a grocery store, yet it is far away from any loud activity so there is nothing keeping you awake at night. As for the staff at Jameson Inn Washington, the way they treated us was the epitome of Southern Hospitality. They really knew how to make us feel welcome and you can believe that we will be staying there again soon.
One more thing: Although they call their breakfast a "Continental Breakfast", it's actually a little more than just fruit, juice and coffee (like most "Continental Breakfasts"). They have waffles, French toast, cereal, grits and muffins to go along with their juice and coffee. It was much better than expected. If you stay there you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

After reading other reviews of this hotel, I was somewhat reluctant to stay here but decided to give it a shot. I was very lucky I did choose this hotel. I came into Washington GA, a relatively small town, late at night but the staff was quick to open up and accommodate me. The room I had was quiet, had a writing table and was very pleasant. So pleasant and spacious, in fact, that I left my $400 cashmere coat hanging in the room! I was very pleased with the efforts the manager, Pat, and the night clerk, James went to help me. Even when FedEx kept giving me problems, they were happy to go the extra mile, packing my coat in a box, sealing it up and filling out the airbill forms to expedite the return of this coat to California. For that I'm grateful; even besides that I had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Washington.

• Liked — Excellent service
  • Disliked — slightly too far from the town
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

This was a very very nice hotel with great service and home like feeling.

• Liked — service and rooms
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

The room was dark, the carpet was worn out, the furniture was very dated and it was the cheapest and most uncomfortable bed I had ever slept on. It's the only hotel in town.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — beds, carpet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Jameson Inn Washington? Share your experiences!