“Excellent choice for a wedding venue” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Royal Lodge Dr, Warm Springs, GA 31830   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Warm Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent choice for a wedding venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were so pleased that we chose this location for the venue of our daughter's wedding. We loved the rustic wedding chapel, and the large Royal Lodge Reception Center. They offered plenty of accommodations for the guest with something for everyone. If you are on a small budget, they have guest rooms located directly across from the chapel and reception area. About a mile from the chapel they have a lodge. We chose one of their many cabins. The Falcon Nest cabin was our choice. It was a very nice cabin and we loved the private location. They have a huge swimming pool adjacent to one of the reception areas. Our entire experience was wonderful. I want to thank Mountain Top Inn and their outstanding staff for everything they did to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our wedding coordinator, Karen Wingard made planning this event a total pleasure. Karen and their staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make our daughter's special day a beautiful and memorable occasion. They have an awesome all inclusive wedding package that cannot be beat. The wedding cakes and buffet that were served were amazing. I highly recommend planning your next stay or venue at Mountain Top Inn and Resorts. I am confident they will do an outstanding job for you too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in cabin 19 using the stay three nights get one night free deal. From my understanding, all the cabins that are rented are privately owned. It appears a management company takes care of renting out the units for those owners who wish to do so. So how each cabin is furnished is based on the owner’s style. The bed my wife and I slept in was a little hard for our taste. Our cabin was relatively clean, but there were parts of it that needed a little more attention (no more than my own house I suppose). It was a pet friendly cabin and it had a little bit more of a pet odor than I cared for. Office staff were helpful in trying to eliminate the odor. Overall, we enjoyed the stay. We came down to the property after flying into Atlanta. We stocked up on food before leaving the Atlanta area so I cannot say much about the grocery store located in Pine Mountain. I think it may close on the early side of the evening. The town does have a dollar store though and it was open till the late evening hours and served our needs for what else was needed. The cabins vary in size and location, so be sure to ask the front desk which one is the best for you needs. We would stay here again.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had 1 queen and 1 twin beds in same room. There are also rooms with just a king or queen bed or two queen beds in them. Old décor but adequate room. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Rocking chairs on the porch were nice to look out at beautiful view. Management was disorganized with wedding and reception held in their facilities. Nice place to stay as a wedding quest since closest hotel was 40 miles. A little over an hour south of Atlanta airport.

Room Tip: rooms facing away from road are quieter. No elevators but wheelchair ramp to second floor only.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MtnTopInn, Manager at Mountain Top Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We apologize for the disorganization as you caught us in a transition. The lodge rooms have since been renovated with new carpeting, log furnishings, and new bedding. We would love to have you back to see all the wonderful changes!
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our anniversary at the Mountain Top Inn. We decided to return to the Calloway Gardens /Pine Mountain area for its southern charm and wonderful scenic views. We stayed in a delightful cabin named Fawnwood Crossing 15A, which was secluded yet convenient to the pool, and front office. It's only been weeks since returning from a full vacation with all of our children in Florida, so a little time away for mom and dad was really needed. The cabin was well decorated and spotless (Thanks Kathy), even with a well wishing anniversary note left for us. A special Thanks to the family whose beautiful cabin we occupied. The staff was irreplaceable, starting with making the reservation and speaking with Sarah. Sarah answered any and all questions, providing additional email to other attractions, activities, and dining in the area. Initially we were only booking for 2 nights, after careful deliberations, we extended our stay for 3 nights (Thanks Sarah). After calling back to reserve the additional night we had the pleasure of speaking with Stephanie and Janna, respectively, to follow-up with the final confirmation. We especially want to "Thank" Janna for giving us information and encouraging us to make the drive to Hamilton (20 minutes), and experiencing the restaurant "Hunter's Pub". This restaurant proves you can't always go by looks, the food was unbelievable. We ate everything, and was thanking Janna all the way back to the cabin. My husband puts it best, when people love what they do, it shows in their caring and dealing with the guest. For this alone we say "Thank You", and we can't wait until next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed a week in cabin 5A- Wild West. It was a beautiful cabin that was very convenient yet a little secluded. Our stay was very quiet and relaxing. These cabins are located halfway between Pine Mountain and Warm Springs which makes it easy to take in both locations. We would definitely recommend this cabin and the Mountain Top Inn. The office staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was looking for a place to get away for a day and night with my husband. I just wanted to unplug for a bit. I found the perfect place. We stayed in one of the inn rooms, because it was close to the pool and for one night. Don't expect 5 star rooms. This use to be a hunting lodge. They have done a very good job of making these rooms nice and comfortable. There are a few very nice log cabins within walking distance to the pool also. The people in the office were very nice and friendly. The pool setting is so relaxing. It overlooks the Pine Mountain Valley. We went back to the pool at night and just sat and listened to all the wildlife. I felt like I was in the Smokey Mountains without all the traffic and lights. We will be returning at the end of July to spend a night for our anniversary. This would definitely be the place I would stay, if I was visiting Warm Springs or even Pine Mountain.

Room Tip: Inn rooms and nothing fancy. There are rooms with whirlpool tubs that are nicer and the rooms at th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Burke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love this place and the beautiful setting. The lodge has wonderful views and it was like staying in a rustic cabin. There are lots of steps involved to reach some of the rooms, so if you have difficulty getting around on your feet or legs, contact the Inn to make sure you get a room where you don't have to go up and down stairs. I also stayed one night in a guest room and, like the lodge, is a great value for the money. The guest room I reserved was basic without a jacuzzi, which was all I needed for my short visit. It was clean and comfy. There are no views from the guest rooms, but you can go for a nice walk around the main building where the lobby and reception hall are and around the pool and chapel and see the lovely views just outside your door. I also went for a nice walk around where the cabins are located. I almost feel as if I'm in the North Georgia mountains here, so it's a great change of scenery if you're coming from Florida, for instance; you have to drive around 7 to 8 hours from central Florida where I came in from instead of 9 to 10 hours to North Georgia. The Mountain Top is located right in FDR State Park, about equal distance to Warm Springs and The "Little White House" historic site and Pine Mountain where Callaway Gardens is located. If you're a hiker, the Pine Mtn Trail nearby winds all through the park for miles. Right up GA 190 toward Warm Springs is Dowdell Knob, the highest point on the ridge (Pine Mtn) and where Roosevelt would spend leisure time and often picnic. There are really nice views from here too. In closing, I also want to say that the customer service is very good. The other review about poor service is not true. He was upset that he couldn't stay at the fancier Marriott and, of course, it was everyone elses fault that he didn't plan ahead. I'm in the customer service business too and I deal with these boring pseudo-sophisticates all the time. The staff here are so friendly and accommodating and knowledgable of the area. I look forward to my next visit and hope future guests enjoy it as much as I do.

Room Tip: I didn't commit the room numbers to memory, but you can call and ask which rooms have the best v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mountain Top Inn? Share your experiences!